Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Dear lord, woman, stop asking so many questions and go with the flow! He clearly likes you - stop stressing about how long he takes to reply (not everyone is permanently attached to their phone!) and just see how things go!

(Original post by aeterno)
    Dear lord, woman, stop asking so many questions and go with the flow! He clearly likes you - stop stressing about how long he takes to reply (not everyone is permanently attached to their phone!) and just see how things go!
    He hasn't added me on facebook yet like he asked for my name 3/4hours ago. He's not added or replied and I asked if he was in work tomorrow.
    Am I just overthinking this? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He hasn't added me on facebook yet like he asked for my name 3/4hours ago. He's not added or replied and I asked if he was in work tomorrow.
    Am I just overthinking this? lol
    He might not be online yet (ok he might have a smartphone but I know I hate using facebook on my phone so there's another thing). Don't ask him too many questions - he'll reply when he gets the chance. And yes, you are overthinking this Just take a step back, occupy yourself with other things, don't make him feel like your life revolves around being in a relationship or he will run. Just, you know, read a book, watch some TV, do some homework - whatever, just make sure you don't touch your phone unless it buzzes

He might not be online yet (ok he might have a smartphone but I know I hate using facebook on my phone so there's another thing). Don't ask him too many questions - he'll reply when he gets the chance. And yes, you are overthinking this Just take a step back, occupy yourself with other things, don't make him feel like your life revolves around being in a relationship or he will run. Just, you know, read a book, watch some TV, do some homework - whatever, just make sure you don't touch your phone unless it buzzes
    Haha yeah true I did find him on facebook just to see he was online the last time he texted me to ask for my facebook or like just friends with a few in that amount of hours so he's probably not been on. He's hardly gonna stop talking to me now and he has seen me in person . I guess he would've stopped by now if he weren't interested like the other guys I've met before.

He still hasn't added me yet but I did find his and yesterday he had more friends now he has less on it like -40 less or something so he has been on deleting people. Maybe he hasn't looked yet?
    Will I ask if he found me? or wait until tomorrow?

Bump?

will I text and ask him if he found me? I don't want to seem clingy though.

bump.

Will I text him and ask him if he found me on facebook or ask if I should find him instead?

bump

bump

He's still not added me on facebook. I texted him yesterday. "Heya how are you?How was your day? were you able to find me on facebook? or will I add you?" he didn't reply.
    So I'm confused now.

ReputationRep:
    Me and this guy met online 2months ago we spoke through texting and we both live near and I suggested meeting up and he was happy to and suggested when he's walking his dog to meet. Then it didn't happen and just had no contact. And he deleted his dating profile a while ago. Then randomly he texted 2days ago and he said he lost his phone at the cinema and it wouldnt turn on when he found it and had to order a new one and he just found my number online . He seemed to have made a lot of effort trying to find my number. We had a general chat then he asked if I was single then if I wanted to meet him for the walk so we did. I was slightly nervous meeting him it went fine and he hugged me at the end and said to text him but he texted me first anyway.

This is the messages
    him: hey you get home ok?
    me:heya yeah I got home grand thanks. What have you been up to?
    him: Haha good stuff. I have to say you're very quiet. Just got that gym membership and just in bed you
    me:haha I'm not normally that quiet probably because we haven't spoken for ages. Just getting back to studying soon
    him: Ye I suppose I just couldn't hear you sometimes but I could undersand you. You seem like a nice girl. Study study haha
    meh right yeah I do sometimes talk a bit quiet might be the accent as well . Aw thanks you're nice too. I will got quite a bit to go over still no one knows what to study ha.
    him.nah the accent was fine I just couldn't hear you ha. Yeah I do try to be nice to everyone . Gonna head up and pay for the gym hopefully o a few sets. Did you not get any practice exams
    me" oh right ha. I haven't been for a while either like 2 weeks. (then just mentioned the exams)
    him: 2 weeks? I hope I last 2 weeks I'm gonna try hard to stick at it this time but ain't been in a while I need a hobbie to enjoy. You seem pretty smart I say you'll be fine
    me: yeah or maybe 3 weeks. Oh you'll be fine once you get into routine or if you have a plan.I used to go more and stopping only when I got a plan went more. I might go back saturday.(he didn't reply after that)

Then a day later I texted him
    meeya how are?how was your day? did you try out that gym?
    him:hey yeah not too bad. Yeah I joined the gym but didn't start yet. You get up to much?
    me:Aw cool. I'm okay just did a small bit of study mainly procrastinating back to it properly tomorrow an just been watching eastenders really.(He didn't say anything else then) I probably should've asked a follow up question. (We did speak more in other messages.)
    I've noticed most guys reply on when you ask a question.

Should I ask him if he wants to meet up for another walk ? I was slightly shy meeting him.
    Put it this way, if you don't go, you'll regret it.

Go for it!

(Original post by Guills on wheels)
    Put it this way, if you don't go, you'll regret it.

Go for it!
    I did ask on Sunday he said "hey . just seen this now em I'm feeling a bit hungover! maybe later?hows things ? are you on facebook?"

then asked for my second name that he'd find me he hasn't added me. I did find him though and he had loads of friends like 390 then the next time I looked he had like 340 so he'd been on.
    Then Monday sent a text saying "Heya how are you?how was your day? were you able to find me on facebook? or will I add you?" got no response, so not sure.
    If I text again I'm going to seem clingy.
    He does seem somewhat interested just confused why he asked for my facebook then hasn't done anything.. and we have met in person.

ReputationRep:
    I did ask on Sunday he said "hey . just seen this now em I'm feeling a bit hungover! maybe later?hows things ? are you on facebook?"

then asked for my second name that he'd find me he hasn't added me. I did find him though and he had loads of friends like 390 then the next time I looked he had like 340 so he'd been on.
    Then Monday sent a text saying "Heya how are you?how was your day? were you able to find me on facebook? or will I add you?" got no response, so not sure.
    If I text again I'm going to seem clingy.
    He does seem somewhat interested just confused why he asked for my facebook then hasn't done anything.. and we have met in person.
    I had a similar situation, with a girl texting me. She seemed a little more clingy than you, but the same thing happened. I liked her a little, and was interested, but a little nervous. Whenever she brought it up, I ignored her. Sometimes for a few days.

He certainly seems interested, you can't deny it. Just wait. If he doesn't text you within 2 days, ask him again if he wants to meet up sometime. Do something fun

I had a similar situation, with a girl texting me. She seemed a little more clingy than you, but the same thing happened. I liked her a little, and was interested, but a little nervous. Whenever she brought it up, I ignored her. Sometimes for a few days.

He certainly seems interested, you can't deny it. Just wait. If he doesn't text you within 2 days, ask him again if he wants to meet up sometime. Do something fun
    Oh what so maybe he's just nervous to add me? He seems like a confident type of guy though.

Or could he have found me but hated the profile picture and decided not to add me?

ReputationRep:
    Unless he's a total moron, he wouldn't do that. Guys are humans too! Would you do that to someone?

ReputationRep:
    He's still not added me on facebook. I texted him yesterday. "Heya how are you?How was your day? were you able to find me on facebook? or will I add you?" he didn't reply.
    So I'm confused now.
    I can't really say why - I've done that before mainly because once I get on facebook I forget, then I remember only when I've logged out and think 'I'll add them next time I'm on', and repeat - I'm more likely to add people if they're sat right next to me and say 'Oh add me!' or if they add me first. Just leave the texts for now, he might just be busy with stuff, and hopefully he'll text back when he can

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you're annoying him. Ease up, maybe he's just not that into you.

Unless he's a total moron, he wouldn't do that. Guys are humans too! Would you do that to someone?
    Oh no probably not maybe he's just not gotten around to searching for me.
    Or is just taking time. He did ask me once when we got back talking and he was asking if I was single. He said "no fellas on the scene then" (there was more in the text conversation, I said I didn't. He said "Still no fella do you play hard to get?" I said I didn't he said "well I hope your not that easy either!joking you seem like a nice girl"

this was before we met up.
    He still calls me a nice girl. Just odd he hasn't added me yet.
    Loads of guys do this act really interested then suddenly they're not but they won't tell you they'll just ignore you. Even though we have spoken a few times since meeting. I really don't want to send another message I've send the one on Sunday and then the monday asking if he could find me or if I should add him. He's not said or done anything. Just weird he'd make so much of an effort to find my number again after 2months of nothing I didn't even have his number anymore and it was deleted .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.