Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ARGH help! My stupid uni! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So my Uni has decided to shut down their libraries and X - Stream Friday Saturday Sunday Monday, the 4 days before the week of exams and deadlines, I have 3 x 4000 word essays to write for Friday, and I can't because I need access to the journals and online legal databases that I can only get to through the website.

Anyone have any suggestions how I can get round this? I need access to LexisNexis, WestLaw, and all legal journals.

ReputationRep:
    You should still be able to access JSTOR/Wiley Online with an Athens/Shibboleth login (Law journals on there but whether it proves useful for you depends on, well, you!) Both LexisNexis and WestLaw appear to have online logins and catalogues - I can't check whether these are exactly the same as you would get through your university (because I wouldn't know!) so check the sites thoroughly.

ReputationRep:
    12,000 words to write in a week? Surely you have to take some of the blame yourself aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about the others, but you can access Westlaw remotely, using your university log in. I'm in my hometown at the moment, and I've just accessed it. You just have to use the log in button on the top right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    12,000 words to write in a week? Surely you have to take some of the blame yourself aswell.
    This.

Also, you will be able to log into many websites such as JSTOR with your university login.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.