Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I kissed someone else Watch

Announcements

I was at a party last night and I kissed someone, but I have a girlfriend already. I was talking to this girl for a while, we were both drunk, and then she started to kiss me, and I just didn't resist. The kiss didn't mean anything and I only want to be with my girlfriend.

I know I should be honest with her but I don't want her to overreact. What should I do? When should I tell her? What should I tell her?

The thread only just got approved but the forum says it got posted 2 hours ago so here it is where it should be now (at the top of the board).

p.s. I'm posting anonymously because I know my girlfriend spends a considerable amount of time on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    You made a mistake. You can do the cowardly (and totally wrong imo) thing, and not tell her, or you can accept you ****ed up, tell her, and then face the consequences of your actions, whatever they may be. I believe in complete honesty, but that's me. Not to mention, if she somehow found out by other means, you can be sure as **** that it's gonna end a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    She's bound to be pissed off at you, but I'm sure if you're upfront and honest with her straight away she'd appreciate that.

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you resist if you only want to be with your girlfriend?

What would you consider as an overreaction?

ReputationRep:
    p.s. I'm posting anonymously because I know my girlfriend spends a considerable amount of time on TSR.[/QUOTE]

Every girl here having a boyfriend is scared now...

(Original post by FinnLassie)
    It didn't feel like it meant anything when we kissed, it was just an animalistic snog. The drink probably didn't help, nor the fact that she was attractive. I know I sound very weak. :L

Thinking on impulse rather than thinking it through. We both know better than to think things through, though to be fair I would say I've done my fair share of impulse thinking this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh everyone with a Boyf who is on TSR and their Boyf is on TSR is freaking right now but chances are this has happened to more than one guy before, right? Right?!?

It does depend I guess but if I were you, I'd tell her. She's bound to be upset but you'd be doing the right thing. Just tell her it didn't mean anything but have a serious think about it. Drunk actions - sober thoughts. Even if I'm drunk I would know not to go and kiss someone else unless I was being a bit silly and had feelings for them and that's only ever happened with one person and I dumped my boyfriend and was planning to for ages as well.

Omg I seriously hope this isn't my boyfriend...
    Nah, that wouldn't happen. Would it? :/

ReputationRep:
    Keep it to ur self don't listen to what everyone is saying becuase she'll never trust you again .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You should tell her, at least that way she may decide to give you another chance, if you don't tell her then not only have you cheated but you've also lied which makes it a million times worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Lucifer)
    Keep it to ur self don't listen to what everyone is saying becuase she'll never trust you again .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you elaborate me how someone who has most likely done something very untrustworthy deserve the trust of another in the relationship? I'm saying most likely because I don't know how his girlfriend feels about this, but I'd expect negative emotions.

(Original post by FinnLassie)

She might dump him
      She might yell abuse at him
      She might hit him
      She might do none of the above but do stupid stuff like secretly sabotage the TV before theres a football game on he wants to watch. Or other sly stuff.

In rare cases people resort to extreme violence.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Laomedeia)
      She might dump him
      She might yell abuse at him
      She might hit him
      She might do none of the above but do stupid stuff like secretly sabotage the TV before theres a football game on he wants to watch. Or other sly stuff.

In rare cases people resort to extreme violence.

Does she not deserve to break up with a person that has betrayed the trust that has been built?

The examples you give could be possible, but are also VERY unlikely as bat**** crazy women aren't that common.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Spetznaaz)
      You made a mistake. You can do the cowardly (and totally wrong imo) thing, and not tell her, or you can accept you ****ed up, tell her, and then face the consequences of your actions, whatever they may be. I believe in complete honesty, but that's me. Not to mention, if she somehow found out by other means, you can be sure as **** that it's gonna end a lot worse.
      Completely agree.

But my extra notes... why were you getting that drunk whilst in relationship? No good comes from alcohol.
      No matter how much I trust my partner I don't trust other girls, especially when drunk, no matter what you do and what she says I hope you learn from this and treat your future relationships better.
      but good luck

ReputationRep:
      You should tell her, If it was me, I'd want to know.
      Yes, she will probs be really pissed with you - but you know that? surely?
      If you are honestly regretful then you have no reason to not tell her, she may leave, she may not, but its going to take some time to get things back on track - but if you want to be with only her, its all worth it.

ReputationRep:
      You made a mistake and you need to tell her. The sooner, the better, if you want any chance of her forgiving you. And don't be naive and think she won't find out, because she will, in one way or another, and then boy oh boy are you in for a world of pain.

Also, I have to point out that cheating doesn't come from nowhere. Did you like this girl at the party, or are things a bit rocky in your relationship? You say you don't want anyone but your girlfriend, but if that was true then you wouldn't have done what you did in the first place.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kaactus)
      p.s. I'm posting anonymously because I know my girlfriend spends a considerable amount of time on TSR.
      Every girl here having a boyfriend is scared now...[/QUOTE]

He blatantly wants to see her reaction to this and then act on it. :beard:

I'd tell her OP.

ReputationRep:
      Man up and tell her. Sure, she's gonna be upset but being honest is always the way for any successful relationship.

Take this as a sign to reduce your alcohol intake and/or work on your self control. Even when blind drunk I still have reasonable control, so drunkenness alone is not really an excuse- think about that.

ReputationRep:
      If you know she spends a considerable amount of time on TSR, why mention the fact even after your post was approved as anonymous? :confused:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      It didn't feel like it meant anything when we kissed, it was just an animalistic snog. The drink probably didn't help, nor the fact that she was attractive. I know I sound very weak. :L
      I don't think it helps anything that it was "just an animalistic snog". When you're in a relationship, at least I'd expect that sort of behaviour to stop and to be only conducted in the relationship unless you have agreed that it's ok.

I think this is a situation where you need to learn how to control yourself.

Thinking on impulse rather than thinking it through. We both know better than to think things through, though to be fair I would say I've done my fair share of impulse thinking this weekend.
      At a situation like this I wouldn't expect myself to think on any other account than pure impulse. "That's it, I'm done" is an initial reaction that I'd imagine majority of the people having, the "let's talk this through" comes later, may it be hours, days, weeks or months.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2013
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.