Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My friends and i are doing our version of come dine with me (lol)
    The first one made mojitos, stuffed peppers on bruschetta, fajitas and cheesecake
    The second did a tea party, with macaroons, choux buns, victoria sponge, shortbread and tea
    I was going to do a tea party too and even started to make red velvet cupcakes and banoffee pie but Something urgent came up the next day and I had to cancel
    I'll be holding mine soon, a three or five course meal this time though, and was wondering what I could make?
    Nothing tooo difficult as im not that experienced but I guess i could just find a recipe for it and follow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Key lime pie
    homemade bread
    biscuits
    cupcakes??xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PINKFLEUR)
    Key lime pie
    homemade bread
    biscuits
    cupcakes??xx
    And for previous courses?
    Maybe a stiry fry or steak or tagliatelle ? Or something else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    And for previous courses?
    Maybe a stiry fry or steak or tagliatelle ? Or something else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tagliatelle bedded underneath a creamy mushroom sauce bursting with flavour. The mushroom sauce is extremely easy to make and the flavours that come out it makes it seem as if you've got a professional streak x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PINKFLEUR)
    Tagliatelle bedded underneath a creamy mushroom sauce bursting with flavour. The mushroom sauce is extremely easy to make and the flavours that come out it makes it seem as if you've got a professional streak x
    Is there a link for the recipe you use?
    The one i make uses campbells mushroom to thicken it and make it creamier but i actually dont like it (although everyone else does)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I tend to use a family recipe although this link is dangerously close to the way we make it, except that we add garlic, sweet spices, double cream and other ingredients that contribute to the final result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/cr...roomsauce_1308

ReputationRep:
    I can recommend several good puddings :
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3...n-meringue-pie
    Also can google nigella laws on chocolate Guinness cake.

As for mains - I know some good curries: beef rendang is always a great one by some people do not like spicy food. Could also do nigella lawsons ham in coke- that is delicious ! These are good, interesting recipes! good luck!

Also: steak with a creamy mushroom and dijon mustard sauce is always a pleaser- red onions finely chopped , double cream, dark soy sauce about 2 tablespoons, Dijon mustard about 2-2 1/2 tbsp and mushrooms - finely chopped.

ReputationRep:
    For a starter fry some potatoe fritters, serve them some British culture for their main. Fish & chips or curry & rice. For pudding, offer them either some Fredo chocolate bars and a small tub of Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream. You will win easily...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.