Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We need to get any information possible about life and study at the Brighton University. Architecture is the course. Anybody can help is welcome.

Regards,

Louis

ReputationRep:
    Avoid the letting agents at ALL costs.

They tried to screw us over and other people I know real bad.

Life
    - fantastic nightlife, every night.
    - Great shopping
    - Generally safe place
    - close to pretty much everything you need
    - Seafront

One of my housemates studies architecture, so from his feedback
    - Challenging course
    - Diverse work (lots of different directions to focus your work on)
    - Freedom to do what you like
    - Lots of trips out of the university (e.g going out to make sculptures on the beach, or walking into the hills and making stuff from logs, etc)
    - People from all different countries
    - Hard-work.

Hope this helps a bit, if you have more questions then feel free to ask them. Just reply on this post and ill keep my eye out

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Brighton on the 30th. I hear that the university is far away from everything/ hard to get to. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayloo)
    I have an interview at Brighton on the 30th. I hear that the university is far away from everything/ hard to get to. Is this true?
    Not at all.

Well, depends on your campus?

If you are on falmer, then you are out the way a bit, but only by 20 mins on the bus.

All my housemates go to that campus and have no complaints

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it, your course is at the campus nearer to the city centre. I wouldn't worry about it too much, the bus links are very good, far better than I could ever have imagined.

Can be very expensive, not very good if your on an NHS funded postgrad course!

Good luck in your studies, sounds a great course in a fantastic part of the country.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 10, 2013

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.