Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We need to get any information possible about life and study at the Brighton University. Architecture is the course. Anybody can help is welcome.

Regards,

Louis

ReputationRep:
    Avoid the letting agents at ALL costs.

They tried to screw us over and other people I know real bad.

Life
    - fantastic nightlife, every night.
    - Great shopping
    - Generally safe place
    - close to pretty much everything you need
    - Seafront

One of my housemates studies architecture, so from his feedback
    - Challenging course
    - Diverse work (lots of different directions to focus your work on)
    - Freedom to do what you like
    - Lots of trips out of the university (e.g going out to make sculptures on the beach, or walking into the hills and making stuff from logs, etc)
    - People from all different countries
    - Hard-work.

Hope this helps a bit, if you have more questions then feel free to ask them. Just reply on this post and ill keep my eye out

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Brighton on the 30th. I hear that the university is far away from everything/ hard to get to. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayloo)
    I have an interview at Brighton on the 30th. I hear that the university is far away from everything/ hard to get to. Is this true?
    Not at all.

Well, depends on your campus?

If you are on falmer, then you are out the way a bit, but only by 20 mins on the bus.

All my housemates go to that campus and have no complaints

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it, your course is at the campus nearer to the city centre. I wouldn't worry about it too much, the bus links are very good, far better than I could ever have imagined.

Can be very expensive, not very good if your on an NHS funded postgrad course!

Good luck in your studies, sounds a great course in a fantastic part of the country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.