Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University assignment about the teaching and learning of writing in primary schools Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, basically i have recently been diagnosed with dyslexia.
    One of the things that i should get, to help me whist at university, is more assistance in what to include in assignments and how to structure them. Because of this i went to speak to the uni and ask if this could be done for the assignments i am working on at the moment. This assignment is due in on the 7th so they told me it is too late to get any help :/
    I have no idea what to include the the assignment (which is in a poster form btw) and i have been stressing out about it for weeks. Every time i write something i just delete it because im not sure if it is relevant! And ofc im panicking now.
    the poster is word equivalent to 1500 words..... And i was hoping someone would be able to give me some headings or something for the diff sections i should include in the poster.

Thanks all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzmegg)
    Hi all, basically i have recently been diagnosed with dyslexia.
    One of the things that i should get, to help me whist at university, is more assistance in what to include in assignments and how to structure them. Because of this i went to speak to the uni and ask if this could be done for the assignments i am working on at the moment. This assignment is due in on the 7th so they told me it is too late to get any help :/
    I have no idea what to include the the assignment (which is in a poster form btw) and i have been stressing out about it for weeks. Every time i write something i just delete it because im not sure if it is relevant! And ofc im panicking now.
    the poster is word equivalent to 1500 words..... And i was hoping someone would be able to give me some headings or something for the diff sections i should include in the poster.

Thanks all!
    Next time I would contact your tutors as early as possible!

Phonics, emergent writing, strategies (Big Write), VCOP.

You could structure the poster on how writing emerges throughout primary school from EYFS up to KS2? There are lots of ways of doing this! Could you contact some course friends and see how they are doing theirs?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.