Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Work out final gcse grade- English Language. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to be taking my of mice and men 40% GCSE next week and I want to know what grade I need in that to get an A or A* for my final English language grade. I have a high A (almost A*) unit 1- english today.A*-speaking and listening.I'm really bad at of mice and men and got a C in my mock. If I get a C in it then what final grade will I get?What do I need in Unit 3 to scrape an A?

The exam board is Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Are you with WJEC exam board?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Well I think We are doing AQA, as we are doing the last (I think) language test next week.
    Anyways can anyone help me out? I got these results noted down but I don't even know what they mean.

Creative writing (30)- 22
    Of Mice and Men(30)- 27
    Spoken Language
    Discource (20)-16
    Speaking and
    Listening (45=40???)- 43 out of 45
    Exam (80) = Next week

Is this all the language side?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they all sound like the topics for English Language..I just scraped an A last year for English Language for every single controlled assessment/exam, and I found that you needed to get 4/6 or 5/6 of the marks for an A. I think I got 99/120 UMS marks, so out of 80..65 or so? I would say you would need to aim for a high B.
    Last year though, I found I did a lot better in the exam than in the mock..I got a C (just) in the mock, and got an A in the exam, so don't worry about your mock result too much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.