I'm attempting to CV boost as mine is looking rather bare and I'm looking to do a diploma alongside my normal medical degree.
Can anyone recommend anything? Or even a course or two that would look good on my CV (but not necessarily a diploma).
Any recommendations greatly appreciated!!
By the way I'm currently in London (UK)
Turn on thread page Beta
Diplomas to do alongside the Medicine Course watch
- Thread Starter
- 05-01-2013 17:04
- 06-01-2013 03:02
What kind of diploma? To be honest I imagine that focussing on studying medicine would be more beneficial to your career than some additional qualification.
- 06-01-2013 13:53
Not quite sure what you're thinking of, but as a medical student there is no benefit to doing extra random diplomas in non-medical subjects. Things that will help you, both in foundation programme applications and beyond, are: -
- Being in a high decile within your year.
- Presenting something (an audit, some research, whatever) at a regional/national/international meeting.
- Winning prizes, either from your medical school or national essay prizes.
- Evidence of interest in a particular specialty - this will not count for UKFPO but may well do for specialist training applications - such as an SSC or research project in that area.
- Some kind of teamwork/leadership activity, though the amount of importance this is given is variable.