Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    I thought it was awesome :awesome:

It's true though. It feels like there's more mods than users in here nowadays, and the thread moves so quickly!
    It's hardly for us to comment on your recruitment policies, now is it :tongue:
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    It's hardly for us to comment on your recruitment policies, now is it :tongue:

Nobody who takes an interest cares about winning, because we can't to be perfectly honest. Nothing wrong with that, but it feels like a thousand babies playing connect four against fifty mathematicians. Except now there's more mathematicians than babies :ahee:

It's just a chat thread, has been for my entire time on TSR
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    So, we've managed to convert this into a mod chat thread? Do we win?
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    So, we've managed to convert this into a mod chat thread? Do we win?
    You should play Halo with Ape and I sometime.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    You should play Halo with Ape and I sometime.
    (smiles whilst trying to figure out how he knows I play Halo...)

Sure, I'm up for that, Halo 4 right? The game is too good, I was literally about to come off TSR and play some with my house mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    Nobody who takes an interest cares about winning, because we can't to be perfectly honest. Nothing wrong with that, but it feels like a thousand babies playing connect four against fifty mathematicians. Except now there's more mathematicians than babies :ahee:

It's just a chat thread, has been for my entire time on TSR
    Of course it is..... with occasional bursts of competitive fervour. Love it :rofl:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Really guys? I don't mind the spontaneous mod counts, it adds to the fun - but the shifts and the name change, you're taking it a bit far don't you think...
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    but the shifts ...you're taking it a bit far don't you think...
    Of course it is..... with occasional bursts of competitive fervour. Love it :rofl:
    Yes... bursts of competitive fervour... not like you guys have a rota or anything super organised :innocent:

(Original post by Abiraleft)
      Was I imagining it or has it been changed twice today? I don't remember the 'awesome' being there to begin with...
      No, the "awesome" wasn't there to begin with. Someone keeps editing my posts, so I thought I'd make a change in title of my own.

Quite.

Feeling a bit sore, do you think?
      Not really. Hal.E.Lujah made the point earlier, but perhaps more diplomatically than I'd have liked.

To be honest, this thread's just getting boring now. I never really counted in the past, but from the odd few times I dipped into the thread, I saw that there were only a few mods and it was possible for the users to win. Now, there are so many mods here that it's impossible for us to get two consecutive posts, let alone 100 - and you're just using it to chat. That's bad enough, but the persistent gloating means that I can't even be bothered to waste any more energy reading the thread.

I did raise the issue of resurrecting Mod Count the other day, but nobody seemed receptive to it. I think you guys collectively have gone too far, and I've lost interest in this thread. I'll keep updating it with our wins if people quote me in (since only I/mods can edit the OP), but I'm sure the mod team can keep track of its own victories.

I've closed the thread temporarily to give you guys pause for thought - only mods will be able to post in it, which removes the "fun" of the game for you too. In theory, you could reopen it, but that just goes to illustrate my point (and one made by ViceVersa in a previous thread):

(Original post by ViceVersa)
      It's not as fun when both ends stop trying :nah:
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

Really guys? I don't mind the spontaneous mod counts, it adds to the fun - but the shifts and the name change, you're taking it a bit far don't you think...
      The title change to "The Thread Formerly Known as "Count" (Now "Mod Chat") MK XVII" was not made by a mod. :nah: There are no "shifts" either, we have better things to be doing.

Guys, this is just a bit of fun, for both sides. It's not meant to be easy for you to get to 100 - the entire point of the thread is to stop you :p: You got to over 80 before the weekend, it's not as if you don't have a chance. Maybe the thread can get a bit busy with mods sometimes, but it's not always like that

Tortious, it's technically your thread and as a sub you can decide whether it stays closed or not. But if it does remain closed then other people are welcome to create their own replacement if they wish.

(Original post by secretmessages)
        The title change to "The Thread Formerly Known as "Count" (Now "Mod Chat") MK XVII" was not made by a mod. :nah: There are no "shifts" either, we have better things to be doing.
        Yeah, sorry - I should've made it clear that I changed the thread to its current title, but that was only in response to someone else editing it to make mods "awesome".

Guys, this is just a bit of fun, for both sides. It's not meant to be easy for you to get to 100 - the entire point of the thread is to stop you :p: You got to over 80 before the weekend, it's not as if you don't have a chance. Maybe the thread can get a bit busy with mods sometimes, but it's not always like that

Tortious, it's technically your thread and as a sub you can decide whether it stays closed or not. But if it does remain closed then other people are welcome to create their own replacement if they wish.
        Fair enough. I'm going to leave this thread closed for the time being. The mods are free to do as they wish with it, and if users really want it reopened, they can PM me.

As requested by Muffled Snuffles, I've reopened the thread.

(Original post by Muffled Snuffles)
          • TSR Support Team
          • Peer Support Volunteers
          • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
          The thing is...It isn't fun anymore. Mods have just overkilled this thread and a few of the past ones. Seriously. I'm not the only one to think this either. You mods have sucked any fun left out of this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
          three

ReputationRep:
          :facepalm2: - I don't know how else to express the goings on here.

4?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Muffled Snuffles)
          One.
          we're actually at 6 if you count from tortious

ReputationRep:
          seven

ReputationRep:
          I largely agree I think. It's gone too far and I don't see how anyone can seriously say it hasn't.

It was good before and now it's ruined. Just when it was starting to recover and become better again, and now it's far too competitive, the atmosphere is tense and not as positive, and the recent going-ons (like the plans and the ridiculing and extreme gloating plus the name change to add in the "awesome", and the "shifts".. which does exist because it was mentioned by a mod a while back, although they might not have meant it so literally) has removed the friendly chat aspect of it and taken the piss on the game side.

Edit: And please don't take my example of the title being changed to add "awesome" as me not thinking the mods aren't, because I do. I think everyone knows that I have respect for mods/think they're awesome (and when users were taking it too far with the mods I did speak up and said something, just to prove to you all that I'm trying to be fair here), so I'm not being bitter or anything, just using the title change to make my point of it going too far.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by incipientT)
          we're actually at 6 if you count from tortious
          Oops, but I still think you may be forward by one.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by ViceVersa)
          I largely agree I think. It's gone too far and I don't see how anyone can seriously say it hasn't.

It was good before and now it's ruined. Just when it was just starting to recover and become better again, and now it's far too competitive, the atmosphere is tense and not as positive, and the recent going-ons (like the plans and the ridiculing and extreme gloating plus the name change to add in the "awesome", and the "shifts".. which does exist because it was mentioned by a mod a while back, although they might not have meant it so literally) has removed the friendly chat aspect of it and taken the piss on the game side.
          It's changed before, maybe it can change again?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2013
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
        Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.