Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Count to 100 before a Mod, Supermod, or Admin posts Mk XVII Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    for ****s sake, this has got way out of hand now, this morning I posted and everything was fine and a bit of fun, then I came back after the football to find out the threads name had been changed and people on both sides were upset and then worse still the thread was locked altogether, and now this?

seriously, I thought all the stuff going on was just banter and we were having fun with it, I did not expect people to suddenly start escalating things to the point where people are leaving, utterly appalled at what has gone on here today, really am, and incredibly saddened to see people leaving.

actually both furious and upset about this, I also want to apologize if any of my posts have caused any of the issues people are discussing here as that was certainly not my intention, I always have joked about with mods about them killing counts, which I thought was all was going on here, the fact people have taken it beyond jokey banter and to this level is just wrong and has really ruined things now for people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    for ****s sake, this has got way out of hand now, this morning I posted and everything was fine and a bit of fun, then I came back after the football to find out the threads name had been changed and people on both sides were upset and then worse still the thread was locked altogether, and now this?

seriously, I thought all the stuff going on was just banter and we were having fun with it, I did not expect people to suddenly start escalating things to the point where people are leaving, utterly appalled at what has gone on here today, really am, and incredibly saddened to see people leaving.

actually both furious and upset about this, I also want to apologize if any of my posts have caused any of the issues people are discussing here as that was certainly not my intention, I always have joked about with mods about them killing counts, which I thought was all was going on here, the fact people have taken it beyond jokey banter and to this level is just wrong and has really ruined things now for people.
    :ditto:
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Sorry you feel like that, I didn't realise anyone posting actually seriously cared about winning more than anything else. I just thought we were having a bit of a tease.

If it helps, I've made some great friends on this thread that I talk to mostly in other threads. We know it's just a chat thread with the side attraction of a game, and we never felt like we only posted here for the chance of winning. We organised ourselves a few times to try and get things going, but we never got past 10 and in all honesty we just went and did something else instead

I read your post, and it made me sad that you felt like that. To be honest, this thread went through a phase of being very cosy and I started to get into it, but I completely lost track when it hit about 10 pages in one night. I just preferred to talk to people on other threads where it felt like it a community I could keep up with, this thread always felt very much like someone else's that I was intruding in (but wanted to get involved in).

Anyway, I'm sorry if anything I said made you upset like that. I definitely won't be posting in here anymore, it's a very unhappy place right now and I feel like the posts I made have done something awful.

ReputationRep:
    I joined the count to 100 too around the time of Potiron, dipless, jellybean and co. I have to say those were some of the best times I had on TSR, the thread was about getting to 100 but having a laugh on the way too.

I miss the old times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    But you're such a credit to the Medicine forum, VV.
    Thank you very much We really should have talked more, maybe if I hadn't deferred my entry we probably would have

I love the Medicine forum, it means a lot to me, and I love the people there and I love helping and updating it and thinking of ways to develop it and talking to the people there. Even if I stood to gain nothing from helping out on TSR I do love doing it. That's one of the reasons I've fought with this decision, for months in fact, because I've thought seriously about this for a good while (so it isn't just impulsive), and for a lot of reasons I couldn't make up my mind and kept wanting to stay. I have a lot of reasons I want to leave, and I also have a lot of reasons why I want to stay so it has been difficult. I'm about 92% sure at this point in time (sorry it's such a specific number ) and haven't wanted to say anything until I was absolutely sure, but it just came out.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus I see I missed a lot since this morning. This is more hostile than a dinner party with a suicide bomber and Goerge Bush at the same table.

Come on guys and girls, this is just a game, I know most of us have kind of become addicted to it and wanting to win but it's just a game. Practically all counters and mods here have been the same, we kind of know each other. I'm not going to say we are friends but I would like to think there's at least some sort of mutual respect between all of us. Retrospective of all of the possible sinister jokes that's been thrown about.
    I know I have picked on a few mods here, Vlad, Abiraleft being the two most picked up on but I think hope they knew it was all in good nature and had nothing sinister behind it. I apologise anyway to whomever I may have have caused distress or harm in any way. That includes mod and users.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't expect so much... drama when I decided to check this thread in my revision break. I honestly didn't think any of this was more than banter between mods and the normal users, in fact the mod counts make me laugh more than anything. I had no idea there was so much underlying tension.

And now everyone is saying they won't post here any more which is sad and it's looking like this game isn't going to be as fun. This is pretty much the only place I post on even semi regularly on tsr and it's starting to look like there isn't long left until it's abandoned completely. I guess I'll have to find a new home :emo:

ReputationRep:
    :sad:
    I read your post and I can see how much this thread means to you, I'm sorry you have been brought to tears because of the recent shenanigans. Thank you for also enlightening me on how the history of the thread.

I truly hope your post changes the atmosphere of this thread and returns it to that glorious time you wrote of. : You've participated a hell of a lot in the counts and chat and I owe it to you to be nice to everyone, I'd like to think I was and that all of my comments were taken with a pinch of salt.

Sorry. :bigsmile:

First and foremost, I'd like to say that I read every word of your post, and I want to apologise sincerely for acting like such a prat earlier - particularly given that I don't post in Count as frequently as the others, so my grounds to "complain" about the mod presence are more limited.

Second, I'd like to (briefly) address some of the allegations mentioned in your post, which were implicitly directed at me. (This wasn't the purpose of me replying to you, but I want to get it out of the way before I make my much more important point.)

At no point have I ever accused the mod team of cheating. In my VM to VV, I said:

Heh, that's all I needed. Either way, we "win" - if they reopen it, it proves my point, and if it's left closed, only they can post in it (and they'd look very silly if they tried to count to 100 and claim that as a "victory"!).
      Granted that closing the thread was quite petty, but at the same time, I felt that as the OP it was a method of making a point as far as I was able to do so. When we got to 99 and a mod appeared, that was frustrating, but it's all part of the game. What isn't part of the game is one mod shifting the goalposts so that users have to prevent them getting 100 too, without consulting the users, and then editing the OP to add their wins - without any respect for "my thread". (To clarify, I'm not trying to claim ownership of the thread, but I was equally capable of editing it, and would've been happy to do so had that been what everyone wanted.) I proposed to one mod that he restart Mod Count - or a thread similar to "Boys vs Girls" could have been created to generate more of a "tug of war" between mods and users - but these suggestions weren't implemented.

However, even leaving that to one side, at no time have I accused anyone on the mod team of cheating, or having a rota. All I said was that (hypothetically) all mods posting in a closed thread to get to 100 would make for a silly victory, and reopening the thread after I'd closed it would just serve to reinforce the point I was trying to make in the first place: it's not fun when one side doesn't participate. I know I'm not alone in feeling that the thread had lost its appeal, since a number of users (those you quoted) made comments to similar effect.

Anyway, what I was replying to say is that I didn't mean to disrupt the thread, or to upset you. Since I haven't been in many of the previous counts, I didn't realise how much the thread meant to you or how much of a family some of you had become. I really don't want to deprive you of that, so now that the air's cleared, I'm going to leave the thread.

Once again, I'm sorry.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      Two
      • PS Helper
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ipoop)
      I apologise anyway to whomever I may have have caused distress or harm in any way. That includes mod and users.

Lies. You threatened to neg me if I didn't do as you said just 5 minutes ago.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mattywooda)
      Two
      You think we can restart it? I'll give it a try

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by incipientT)
      You think we can restart it? I'll give it a try

Whyever not? 5

And my 2 shoulda been ten.... :whistle:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
      Lies. You threatened to neg me if I didn't do as you said just 5 minutes ago.
      Excusez mois, that was on a different thread. :pierre: What happens in the back room, stays in the back room. :ninja: I didn't aks for anything, I just said Iconsidered negging you just so that you would lose a rep gem. :mmm: I failed anyway, I rep you too much, you should be grateful! :fuhrer:

14. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
      Ohh no

Just read back a number of pages to figure out what's actually been going on; I only joined in this game on the last thread and I haven't been very active in this one (due to exams) but I am so sorry to see that all this has happened. I've found it loads of fun, especially the banter between the mods and regular users. I hope that the thread doesn't die.

ReputationRep:
      15 :ahee:
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      20 Shame not all of us can count... A level maths didnt help me :L

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2013
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.