Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Count to 100 before a Mod, Supermod, or Admin posts Mk XVII Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's snowing :ahee:

Anyway, after a chat with GEG last night, I ought to apologise for the mods for saying you were going too far - I thought the name change to mod chat thread was the work of a mod trying to rub it in, which would have been a bit far. But apparently not, so sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Snow is not a good thing... I am unimpressed at how much this is going to ruin my next couple of days.
    Grr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    That's it.
    I remember when i first became a mod it was just me and you in here most of the time. Was good times...

Also, me, you and Abiraleft proved yesterday morning that it only takes 30 minutes or so with 3 people to get a count to 100. It's fully possible for people to do it...

(Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    Has anyone been to Thailand before? Looking for advice lol.
    Yep, I went Summer 2011.

Give me any questions you got. If it helps i turned up at bangkok airport with a return flight 9 weeks away and literally 0 idea of what to do and had an awesome time...

Done Bangkok, up to Chian Mai then into other countries then did Koh Tao at the end of the holiday with diving etc.

Also, very dissappointed with what happened here yesterday but it seems to be fine now and it's passed. I'm happy to carry on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I remember when i first became a mod it was just me and you in here most of the time. Was good times...

Also, me, you and Abiraleft proved yesterday morning that it only takes 30 minutes or so with 3 people to get a count to 100. It's fully possible for people to do it...

Yep, I went Summer 2011.

Give me any questions you got. If it helps i turned up at bangkok airport with a return flight 9 weeks away and literally 0 idea of what to do and had an awesome time...

Done Bangkok, up to Chian Mai then into other countries then did Koh Tao at the end of the holiday with diving etc.

Also, very dissappointed with what happened here yesterday but it seems to be fine now and it's passed. I'm happy to carry on...
    I've already booked it; unfortunately because of work, I can only be gone for 10 days. Sucks.
    I'm mostly spending a week in an Elephant Nature Park, staying in Chiang Mai for a couple of nights too. I'm changing flights in Singapore on the way.

I mainly just want to make sure there aren't cultural things I don't know about (I'm aware of clothing expectations), and if there are times I should avoid being out in Chiang Mai while I'm there?
    I'm traveling alone, and as a woman want to make sure I'm safe in the process. Anything extra you think is a good tip is welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorttstuff)
    Same! Only a dusting though.

Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's snowing in the rest of England but not here :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    I've already booked it; unfortunately because of work, I can only be gone for 10 days. Sucks.
    I'm mostly spending a week in an Elephant Nature Park, staying in Chiang Mai for a couple of nights too. I'm changing flights in Singapore on the way.

I mainly just want to make sure there aren't cultural things I don't know about (I'm aware of clothing expectations), and if there are times I should avoid being out in Chiang Mai while I'm there?
    I'm traveling alone, and as a woman want to make sure I'm safe in the process. Anything extra you think is a good tip is welcome
    Ahhhh, elephant nature park is awesome. Very nice place to go to...

Pai is a nice place to go to. If you hyave time in Chiang mai go for a trip up to Pai(everyone will talk about it non stop in Chiang Mai)

Urm, Clothing thing is the main thing.

Urm, There's the standard rule of rainy season that it will probably throw it down epically at like 6pm everyday so make sure your bag is very waterproofed for valuables since you probably will be caught in it at some point.

Urm, i dunno, i was a duo of guys the entire time but most places are safe. There are other travellers everywhere all the time and hanging out with them will keep you safer then being completely by yourself at all times...

ReputationRep:
    1 >.>

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh, elephant nature park is awesome. Very nice place to go to...

Pai is a nice place to go to. If you hyave time in Chiang mai go for a trip up to Pai(everyone will talk about it non stop in Chiang Mai)

Urm, Clothing thing is the main thing.

Urm, There's the standard rule of rainy season that it will probably throw it down epically at like 6pm everyday so make sure your bag is very waterproofed for valuables since you probably will be caught in it at some point.

Urm, i dunno, i was a duo of guys the entire time but most places are safe. There are other travellers everywhere all the time and hanging out with them will keep you safer then being completely by yourself at all times...
    Did you go to the nature park? It's good to know
    I'm going in March, so it won't be rainy season, thanks for the help. I'll stop replying now so that I'm not hogging the thread.

ReputationRep:
    One.

ReputationRep:
    Two

ReputationRep:
    Three

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Five.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, the shananigans here is crazy. But to make you all feel better I just had an interview for a PR job for a club and dissed another club I didn't like and ended up finding out that the person interviewing me was the PR manager of the club I dissed who was helping with the interviews :facepalm: so I wont be getting that job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    Oh dear, the shananigans here is crazy. But to make you all feel better I just had an interview for a PR job for a club and dissed another club I didn't like and ended up finding out that the person interviewing me was the PR manager of the club I dissed who was helping with the interviews :facepalm: so I wont be getting that job!
    Lololololololol.

That amused me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    one

:mmm::console:
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

:giggle:

Unless he hates his job :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Three
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    :giggle:

Unless he hates his job :yep:
    One could hope, we did bond over me knowing one of his staff though...
    Lololololololol.

That amused me anyway.
    I'm Glad, I'm just going to be poor, I want my game job back!
    (Original post by Potiron)
    one

:mmm::console:
    Thank you for the cuddles!
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    One could hope, we did bond over me knowing one of his staff though...

Ooooh did you have a lil' ***** about his employees? :giggle:

To be honest, it doesn't sound too bad, they're meant to be objective and all that.:rolleyes:

What club is it?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.