Turn on thread page Beta

Count to 100 before a Mod, Supermod, or Admin posts Mk XVII watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzy890)
    Tbh I've been feeling like Vlad this week but the only thing that put a smile on my face was the thought of Brighton looking beautiful in the snow Can't wait!
    I woke up to not much snow but around now the snow is settling nicely and it's looking awesome...

Brighton looks good in snow.

ReputationRep:
    Yaaayy :awesome:

My exam is early today because of the snow. More time to play :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorttstuff)
    Snow! It's looks so pretty :ahee:

But you are not welcome :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl2: I had the exact same thought when I looked out the window this morning. I won't be leaving the house til it's all gone

(Original post by F_shakeey)
    Yaaayy :awesome:

My exam is early today because of the snow. More time to play :ahee:
    Good luck/I hope it went well!

And :hugs: to all that need them :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyan~)

Good luck/I hope it went well!
    Thanks it went better than expected to be honest :awesome:
    I want more snow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Thanks it went better than expected to be honest :awesome:
    I want more snow!
    That's great! :bigsmile:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    six

ReputationRep:
    Such a horrendously stressful day today I had an afternoon exam I can't discuss yet, don't actually know if I can even post its name so I won't lol. My school closed early due to a HUGE amount of snow but refused to get me transport home after the exam so they were telling me I'd have to sit it in the summer and go home immediately on the buses, which were arriving as the school was closing. I obviously refused but by the time I got everything sorted out and got into the exam, my head was a mess and it didn't go very well.

Seveeeeeeen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Where'sPerry?)
    Such a horrendously stressful day today I had an afternoon exam I can't discuss yet, don't actually know if I can even post its name so I won't lol. My school closed early due to a HUGE amount of snow but refused to get me transport home after the exam so they were telling me I'd have to sit it in the summer and go home immediately on the buses, which were arriving as the school was closing. I obviously refused but by the time I got everything sorted out and got into the exam, my head was a mess and it didn't go very well.

Seveeeeeeen
    :hugs:

I'm sorry that you had a bad day :console: Hopefully the exam went a lot better than your think. This is why I don't like snow. It's just a giant nuisance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyan~)
    :hugs:

I'm sorry that you had a bad day :console: Hopefully the exam went a lot better than your think. This is why I don't like snow. It's just a giant nuisance.
    Thank you :hugs:

It annoys me a bit when people say things along the lines of "oh, it's so pathetic that schools and businesses have to close for this snow" because they wouldn't be saying that if it was flooding, you know? Okay, the snow disappears a little faster, but it is still extremely dangerous and hugely impacts on people's lives.

I wish I'd taken some pictures at school though, there's a little courtyard sort of thing round the side of the building and it was completely untouched snow

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :hugs:

It annoys me a bit when people say things along the lines of "oh, it's so pathetic that schools and businesses have to close for this snow" because they wouldn't be saying that if it was flooding, you know? Okay, the snow disappears a little faster, but it is still extremely dangerous and hugely impacts on people's lives.

I wish I'd taken some pictures at school though, there's a little courtyard sort of thing round the side of the building and it was completely untouched snow
    No worries. :bigsmile:

I agree, especially with icy roads and stuff, it can get really dangerous, and people in rural areas are pretty much screwed over if there's loads of snow.

Aw, were there a lot of people in your school for the exam? As soon as there's snow none of it was left untouched when I was in school lol. And as annoying as snow is, there's no denying it's so pretty when fresh and untouched. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    twelve

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. Today was not a good day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyan~)
    No worries. :bigsmile:

I agree, especially with icy roads and stuff, it can get really dangerous, and people in rural areas are pretty much screwed over if there's loads of snow.

Aw, were there a lot of people in your school for the exam? As soon as there's snow none of it was left untouched when I was in school lol. And as annoying as snow is, there's no denying it's so pretty when fresh and untouched. :daydreaming:
    The whole school was actually in first thing, but everyone without exams/younger students got sent home after morning break. Some of the little kids were sitting waiting to be collected for hours, I felt so bad for them!! Yesterday I was taking the mick out of the schools in my area that were closed when there hadn't even been any snowfall (only the forecast) but it's obvious now that they actually did the most sensible thing.

(Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    Neither was mine, hope you're okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Again people! (3?)

ReputationRep:

Seveeeeeeen

(Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    :console: this week generally hasn't been a good week for everyone (including me) so lets hope next week is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorttstuff)
    :console: this week generally hasn't been a good week for everyone (including me) so lets hope next week is better.
    Yes, let's think positive! I've got two more exams next week so I'm going to put all my energy into working towards them

Hopefully the snow will be melted by then :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, let's think positive! I've got two more exams next week so I'm going to put all my energy into working towards them

Hopefully the snow will be melted by then :lol:
    Tbh I don't think my week could get any worse after mucking up the sound during a theatre production and nearly crashing a car during my driving lesson :facepalm: so I hope this means my exams next week will go well!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.