Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Count to 100 before a Mod, Supermod, or Admin posts Mk XVII Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    be at least 5 games I would have thought for that, though I thought the same with Terry's racism, so you never know with the FA, they will probably ban the ball boy instead :rolleyes:
    Nah, he is not English so they will use this to "set an example". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Nah, he is not English so they will use this to "set an example". :rolleyes:
    doubt it somehow, pretty sure as the ref sent him off for violent conduct that it has to be a 3 game ban though.

ReputationRep:
    doubt it somehow, pretty sure as the ref sent him off for violent conduct that it has to be a 3 game ban though.
    Well the kid did know what he was doing though. So a regular three match is justified(?) :dontknow: I do think though the FA should start overruling ref decisions such as these. And hand out the punishment they deem suitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Well the kid did know what he was doing though. So a regular three match is justified(?) :dontknow: I do think though the FA should start overruling ref decisions such as these. And hand out the punishment they deem suitable.
    what?? he was pushed over and kicked...there's no excuse for that...shameful that football fans would defend Hazard for that, really does make me sad for the sport if fans are that vile.

the kid was doing what all the ball boys do at all the games, to blame him is just pathetic in the extreme and really only gives football fans doing it a bad name.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Bradford - Swansea final should be great, hope Bradford win, biggest upset ever? league two team in Europe as well, pretty epic stuff!

also, Hazard deserves a long, long ban, pushed over and kicked a ball boy...
    I agree, even if Chelsea went through, I'd want Bradford to win. Do the team who win the Charity cup go into the Europa league? I thought that was the FA cup :/ as much as I praise and respect Hazard, I can't explain his actions. He swiftly apologised and that's all I asked for, no doubt this will go to court and cause Chelsea more controversy.

(Original post by ipoop)
    I'm not happy, tbh I'm starting to come off football. :sigh: It doesn't have the same grip on my heart it did a few years ago. :emo:
    Swansea did deserve the win. All the clubs I support are in turmoil at the moment. Madrid, A.C. Chelsea. :cry:
    Really? Football came alive when I was watching the Chelsea games in the student bar last year, and the CL final, it has topped the list of best ever footballing moments and makes me shiver every time I listen to the commentary. But hopefully, with Madrid in turmoil, we may be able to pinch Mourinho back

ReputationRep:
    what?? he was pushed over and kicked...there's no excuse for that...shameful that football fans would defend Hazard for that, really does make me sad for the sport if fans are that vile.

the kid was doing what all the ball boys do at all the games, to blame him is just pathetic in the extreme and really only gives football fans doing it a bad name.
    I'm not defending Hazzard, kicking the boy is not justifiable, no matter how frustrated he felt. Having said that, the kid's action were not justifiable either. I understand that he wanted to waste time but Hazzard going to the ball and the boy picking it up and not handing it to Hazzard or the goalkeeper is not what he is supposed to do.

They were both in the wrong, Hazzard more so obviously, because he resulted to violence. This would not have happened though had the kid let Hazzard take the ball or had he handed it to to Hazzard or the keeper. He could have passed it slowly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    I agree, even if Chelsea went through, I'd want Bradford to win. Do the team who win the Charity cup go into the Europa league? I thought that was the FA cup :/ as much as I praise and respect Hazard, I can't explain his actions. He swiftly apologised and that's all I asked for, no doubt this will go to court and cause Chelsea more controversy.
    Yes they do. Birmigham played Europa League the season after they defeated Le Arse. :yep: It should go to court, actions like this on the high street would result in someone being charged.

Really? Football came alive when I was watching the Chelsea games in the student bar last year, and the CL final, it has topped the list of best ever footballing moments and makes me shiver every time I listen to the commentary. But hopefully, with Madrid in turmoil, we may be able to pinch Mourinho back
    Well, obviously May 2012 was a magical time. I dyed my hair blue after the final ffs. I mean overall, my life isn't as dicated by football as it was during my mid to late teens. Well apparently him and RA have settled their differences and they constantly text and call each other. :crossedf: Here's to hoping. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)

the league cup lol (charity shield is the preseason one), and yeah the winners go to Europa League (what was the UEFA Cup) and the losers go into it if the winners already qualify for Europe through league position (it's a bit confusing the qualification process) apology is good but he deserves a long ban for it, the fact it's been reported to the police is bad news for the clubs PR if nothing else.

the final was pretty epic tbf, can't stand Chelsea but even I have to admit they did well in that match and the atmosphere in the bar me and my dad (who is a Chelsea fan) watched it in was great as well. would Mourinho go back? after the Abramovich saga last time I am not so sure, latest I heard on Jose is that he is a shoe in for the Portugal national team job, which is a logical next step for him tbh.

(Original post by ipoop)
    I'm not defending Hazzard, kicking the boy is not justifiable, no matter how frustrated he felt. Having said that, the kid's action were not justifiable either. I understand that he wanted to waste time but Hazzard going to the ball and the boy picking it up and not handing it to Hazzard or the goalkeeper is not what he is supposed to do.

They were both in the wrong, Hazzard more so obviously, because he resulted to violence. This would not have happened though had the kid let Hazzard take the ball or had he handed it to to Hazzard or the keeper. He could have passed it slowly.
    it's what ballboys always do when their team is wasting time though...he would have given it to the Swansea keeper without Hazard getting involved...Hazard came over, confronted the poor kid, pushed him over then kicked him...there is no defence for that.

again, Hazard gave him no time to give it to the keeper...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    slept for like 14 of the last 16 hours already though
    Maybe that's why you're feeling out of sorts? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Maybe that's why you're feeling out of sorts? :dontknow:
    I guess so :unsure: feel a bit more awake now but still a bit odd.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I guess so :unsure: feel a bit more awake now but still a bit odd.
    Sugar levels okay?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Bradford - Swansea final should be great, hope Bradford win, biggest upset ever? league two team in Europe as well, pretty epic stuff!

also, Hazard deserves a long, long ban, pushed over and kicked a ball boy...
    Sorry, no he didn't -he tried to get the ball off the bloke, who dropped to the ground to protect it, and then tried to kick it out from under him, since the "ball boy" (although at 17 I don't see that's an appropriate name) was trying to waste time. Frankly I don't agree he should get any ban, it's not violent conduct, he's not set out to hurt the ****er, he's just gone to get the ball to take a throw-in.

If anyone get's punished it should be the bloke for what is essentially cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Sugar levels okay?
    I think so, I had sugar in my tea when I woke up and my sugar intake is normally pretty high.

I think it's just my body reacting to my brain being a bit all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Sorry, no he didn't -he tried to get the ball off the bloke, who dropped to the ground to protect it, and then tried to kick it out from under him, since the "ball boy" (although at 17 I don't see that's an appropriate name) was trying to waste time. Frankly I don't agree he should get any ban, it's not violent conduct, he's not set out to hurt the ****er, he's just gone to get the ball to take a throw-in.

If anyone get's punished it should be the bloke for what is essentially cheating.
    :facepalm2: charming, the kind of attitude that makes people hate football fans frankly.

even the player knew he was wrong as he apologized...seriously I think you need to think about this and then read your post again, it's really not okay to attack someone like that.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I think so, I had sugar in my tea when I woke up and my sugar intake is normally pretty high.

I think it's just my body reacting to my brain being a bit all over the place.
    If you need an open inbox to just unload your brain to, go for it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If you need an open inbox to just unload your brain to, go for it :yep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2: charming, the kind of attitude that makes people hate football fans frankly.

even the player knew he was wrong as he apologized...seriously I think you need to think about this and then read your post again, it's really not okay to attack someone like that.
    Not at all - while I wouldn't personally follow the same actions as Hazard, it's hardly disgraceful, he's gone to get the ball, the chap has fallen on it to stop him getting it, Hazard has kicked the ball (and got a bit of the bloke as well) in order to try and get the ball back so the game can actually go on. The ballboy is far more in the wrong than Hazard is - and this is coming from someone who absolutely despises Chelsea and takes every opportunity to leave a dig at them...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    No worries :nah:

ReputationRep:

But it's not okay for the ballboy to try and affect the outcome of the game either. Regardless of how common it is for ballboys to waste time. Their role is actually to make sure the game runs swiftly by providing players with a ball as fast as possible.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.