Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Count to 100 before a Mod, Supermod, or Admin posts Mk XVII Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Not at all - while I wouldn't personally follow the same actions as Hazard, it's hardly disgraceful, he's gone to get the ball, the chap has fallen on it to stop him getting it, Hazard has kicked the ball (and got a bit of the bloke as well) in order to try and get the ball back so the game can actually go on. The ballboy is far more in the wrong than Hazard is - and this is coming from someone who absolutely despises Chelsea and takes every opportunity to leave a dig at them...
    Hazard walks up to him and confronts him, then pushes him over the ball...the nicks him...the ballboy would just have given it to the Swansea keeper...exactly like other ballboys did at other points in the game...I don't know why you are defending him frankly, so far as I am concerned and I imagine the vast majority of people who will see it on the news tomorrow, it's unacceptable conduct by the player. even Chelsea fans in this thread have admitted that, why you are taking this view is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    But it's not okay for the ballboy to try and affect the outcome of the game either. Regardless of how common it is for ballboys to waste time. Their role is actually to make sure the game runs swiftly by providing players with a ball as fast as possible.
    it's not...if they waste time the ref can add on more...and it's hardly a lot of time, so they take a bit of time to hand it to their own keeper, big deal, it's hardly worth getting upset over yet alone attacking someone for.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    Hazard walks up to him and confronts him, then pushes him over the ball...the nicks him...the ballboy would just have given it to the Swansea keeper...exactly like other ballboys did at other points in the game...I don't know why you are defending him frankly, so far as I am concerned and I imagine the vast majority of people who will see it on the news tomorrow, it's unacceptable conduct by the player. even Chelsea fans in this thread have admitted that, why you are taking this view is beyond me.
    Does he really push him over?

If that's enough to knock you to the ground, then you've the balance of Christiano Ronaldo at full sprint. The ballboy wouldn't have - he was wasting time to try and help Swansea through the final stages of the game. I'm not saying Hazard picked the best way to deal with it, but the ballboy should be the focus of the vilification if you must vilify someone, given what he did was tantamount to cheating.

ReputationRep:
    it's not...if they waste time the ref can add on more...and it's hardly a lot of time, so they take a bit of time to hand it to their own keeper, big deal, it's hardly worth getting upset over yet alone attacking someone for.
    But they have no right to purposely waste time. They should never aim to affect the the game because that gives the home team, although minuscule, an unfair advantage.

It's the same as when a ball is kicked in the stands and the fans clog up the ball, thinking they are being clever, or showing how big their balls are. They have no right to impede the course of the game, regardless of the ref adding up to the time. Effectively, the boy instigated the uncalled for (miss)kick to his body.

ReputationRep:
    Does he really push him over?

If that's enough to knock you to the ground, then you've the balance of Christiano Ronaldo at full sprint. The ballboy wouldn't have - he was wasting time to try and help Swansea through the final stages of the game. I'm not saying Hazard picked the best way to deal with it, but the ballboy should be the focus of the vilification if you must vilify someone, given what he did was tantamount to cheating.
    on a slippery pitch yeah...(plus kinda ironic anyone asks me that kind of thing given I have awful balance and co-ordination due to health issues and learning difficulties but w/ever.)

he went to get the ball and would have given it to the Swansea keeper, sure it wastes a bit of time but if the ref deems it necessary he can add that on at the end of the game, that's how football works. there is NO excuse for Hazard doing what he did, he kicked the kid ffs, I really don't see how you can argue the kid is the one in the wrong here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    But they have no right to purposely waste time. They should never aim to affect the the game because that gives the home team, although minuscule, an unfair advantage.

It's the same as when a ball is kicked in the stands and the fans clog up the ball, thinking they are being clever, or showing how big their balls are. They have no right to impede the course of the game, regardless of the ref adding up to the time. Effectively, the boy instigated the uncalled for (miss)kick to his body.
    nor do players? are you saying if a player wastes time that the opposition can push them over and kick them? why bother with rules at all, let's just have a piss up and a brawl instead of a game eh? that what you want?

urgh, this whole thing reminds me of people who blame the victims of rape for what happens to them so I am gonna leave this before I get really angry with you both.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm what number are we on?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    on a slippery pitch yeah...(plus kinda ironic anyone asks me that kind of thing given I have awful balance and co-ordination due to health issues and learning difficulties but w/ever.)

he went to get the ball and would have given it to the Swansea keeper, sure it wastes a bit of time but if the ref deems it necessary he can add that on at the end of the game, that's how football works. there is NO excuse for Hazard doing what he did, he kicked the kid ffs, I really don't see how you can argue the kid is the one in the wrong here.
    He doesn't kick the bloke - he kicks the ball:

(33 seconds). The bloke has made a show of it that would make Erland Johnsen embarrassed.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't kick the bloke - he kicks the ball:

(33 seconds). The bloke has made a show of it that would make Erland Johnsen embarrassed.
    he kicks both, but he shouldn't be kicking anything, he should be the other half of the pitch not harassing the ball boy, the rest of his team managed that...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Moving on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Moving on...
    If we don't will you then released your much anticipated second album? :puppyeyes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    If we don't will you then released your much anticipated second album? :puppyeyes:
    No :nah: going for dinner soon :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not quoting because this has indeed gone on for too long but I've seen the clip and I have my verdict. :indiff:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Phwoar!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Six.
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    No :nah: going for dinner soon :teehee:
    Without me? :puppyeyes: How mean. :emo:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.