Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Count to 100 before a Mod, Supermod, or Admin posts Mk XVII Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    with that brilliant sentence construction we would never have guessed congrats on drinking at work though sounds like my kind of workplace lol
    Actually I was asked to make vodka happen. Those exact words :laugh:

(Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Jealous. :erm:
    Too right.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    cool sounds like a nice relaxing time!
    Indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Actually I was asked to make vodka happen. Those exact words :laugh:
    okay, your workplace is officially cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Indeed
    enjoy
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    enjoy
    Can't. Plan ruined as Junior Doctors is not acquirable anywhere yet. So gonna change to doctor who and food then concert DVD! SO excited cos it was epic gig and I get to see my face.

ReputationRep:
    Can't. Plan ruined as Junior Doctors is not acquirable anywhere yet. So gonna change to doctor who and food then concert DVD! SO excited cos it was epic gig and I get to see my face.
    ah okay, only a small change though! what concert?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    ah okay, only a small change though! what concert?
    Frank Turner live at Wembley, Friday April 13th 2012.

ReputationRep:
    Frank Turner live at Wembley, Friday April 13th 2012.
    I have no idea who that is :laugh: but enjoy
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea who that is :laugh: but enjoy
    He is AMAZING and my future husband (although probably not cos he's 30 and has a gf). He's infamous for being "always on tour". He used to be in a punk band, then switched to folk rock. Now he has another punk band alongside his folk rock. He drinks whiskey. He has many tattoos. He gives amazing shows and by all accounts is lovely. He cried at a book that fans made for him. He once used wikipedia to prove to a bartender he was old enough to drink. Frank Turner is someone who everyone should know.

ReputationRep:
    He is AMAZING and my future husband (although probably not cos he's 30 and has a gf). He's infamous for being "always on tour". He used to be in a punk band, then switched to folk rock. Now he has another punk band alongside his folk rock. He drinks whiskey. He has many tattoos. He gives amazing shows and by all accounts is lovely. He cried at a book that fans made for him. He once used wikipedia to prove to a bartender he was old enough to drink. Frank Turner is someone who everyone should know.
    and breathe in

I will look up some of his music and see what I think but he sounds like a nice guy
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    and breathe in

I will look up some of his music and see what I think but he sounds like a nice guy
    Even if you don't like his music, listen to the lyrics of "I Still Believe". Some absolute perfect lines. And I think you'd enjoy "Thatcher ****ed the Kids". And "Photosynthesis" and "Sons of Liberty" and perfect too. In fact they are all damn awesome.

I just burnt my bacon so having to cook more. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Even if you don't like his music, listen to the lyrics of "I Still Believe". Some absolute perfect lines. And I think you'd enjoy "Thatcher ****ed the Kids". And "Photosynthesis" and "Sons of Liberty" and perfect too. In fact they are all damn awesome.

I just burnt my bacon so having to cook more. :sad:
    okay, will do I love lyrics and I dig some of those song names :awesome:

:console: that sucks, I've done that before as well :/
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    okay, will do I love lyrics and I dig some of those song names :awesome:

:console: that sucks, I've done that before as well :/
    I love lyrics too, there's a few of his I would like tattooed on myself...and I have a t-shirt which is basically me being all language geeky with the line "life is about love, last minutes and lost evenings. About fire in our bellies and furtive little feelings."

Me and my friend spray painted it pre gig.

ReputationRep:
    I love lyrics too, there's a few of his I would like tattooed on myself...and I have a t-shirt which is basically me being all language geeky with the line "life is about love, last minutes and lost evenings. About fire in our bellies and furtive little feelings."

Me and my friend spray painted it pre gig.
    aw, that's lovely and I love the shirt like 50% of my facebook statuses are just song lyrics I liked at the time :') I can listen to good lyrics just endlessly, I even try writing some of my own when down (though they are probably awful haha!) listening to the songs you recommended now, I like the first one so far
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    aw, that's lovely and I love the shirt like 50% of my facebook statuses are just song lyrics I liked at the time :') I can listen to good lyrics just endlessly, I even try writing some of my own when down (though they are probably awful haha!) listening to the songs you recommended now, I like the first one so far
    A good song lyric can change my opinion of a song :yep: Bet yours aren't bad at all :nah:

:jive: glad you like so far!

ReputationRep:
    A good song lyric can change my opinion of a song :yep: Bet yours aren't bad at all :nah:

:jive: glad you like so far!
    true! haha, they really are lol

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    true! haha, they really are lol

Highly doubt it!

Spent ages cooking bacon cos took a while before realised had turned oven off when first burned bacon and hadn't turned back on :facepalm:

So do we like Frank Turner?

ReputationRep:
    Highly doubt it!

Spent ages cooking bacon cos took a while before realised had turned oven off when first burned bacon and hadn't turned back on :facepalm:

So do we like Frank Turner?
    I will send you one at some point to show you how bad lol

haha, that sounds like my cooking skills (already blown up 2 microwaves and managed a number of disasters that messed up the oven and kitchen )

so far the impression is most promising :yep: (and congrats, very few people make me recommendations that I enjoy, my music taste is kinda fussy )
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I will send you one at some point to show you how bad lol

haha, that sounds like my cooking skills (already blown up 2 microwaves and managed a number of disasters that messed up the oven and kitchen )

so far the impression is most promising :yep: (and congrats, very few people make me recommendations that I enjoy, my music taste is kinda fussy )
    Go for it :yep:

Ha ha I'm generally a good cook, I just forget about things needing to be on from time to time!

:woo: This makes me happy. Just watched the DVD. Saw myself a few times :ahee: I'd forgotten just how great a night that was. Probably in top 5 nights ever tbh. Also I'd forgotten just how awesome Frank Turner fans are. I was second row from front, and right next to me was a 50 year old woman, dancing with all the rest. Frank Turner unites young and old, people from all classes, punks, folk fans...literally if you want a sample of the population for a survey you should just go to a Frank Turner show. AHHHH HE'S SO PERFECT.

ReputationRep:
    One

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.