Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you consider this body attractive? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you consider this body attractive?
    Yes
    30.55%
    No
    69.45%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slothsftws)
    You're confusing social gender constructs with the word natural. That isn't true at all. If men were meant to be naturally muscular you wouldn't have to work out, no man has ever looked like the OP without training the body. That is more siding with unnatural as you have to work so hard to achieve it.
    Natural does not mean no effort. Of course, men aren't supposed to look like the guy in the OP, but they are naturally meant to be more muscular than females. Is a biological fact, not social construct.

The only reason you think it is a social construct is that modern society makes us live a sedentary lifestyle. If we were to live like we had to in the wild, in our natural habitat, we would be a hell of a lot more muscular then the common modern man. You wouldn't stick a lion in a garden for its whole life and then say it isn't naturally supposed to be muscular. Natural does not mean 'born like that' or 'no effort'.

Women have to work MUCH harder to get the same level of muscle a man can achieve. Males are made to be more muscular than females.
    If anything is a social construct, it is our lack of muscle.
    Also notice in the wwe how it is the least muscular guys who all the girls like, such as Cody Rhodes, cm punk etc are all consider way more attractive than John Cena. The girls like muscles myth is so silly.
    How about going back to you first idea, social constructs?
    The fact is that from an evolutionary standpoint, the stronger a male is, the more likely he is to get a mate.

ReputationRep:
    :O He seems too hench!!

ReputationRep:
    Why did so many people vote no? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeineJunge)
    No homo
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardchild)
    Why did so many people vote no? :O
    Because that body just isn't attractive

ReputationRep:
    This badass needs to get clean underwear.

This badass needs to stop trying to look badass with Harry Potter books in the background.

ReputationRep:
    I love the way most of the guys on here can't accept that some girls just really aren't attracted to muscular men...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Lol at everyone saying it looks disgusting and not natural. His looks as aesthetic as fuaarkk imo. Fair enough a minority may actually find that physique unattractive but in general it's just jealousy.

People can't get off their own backsides and do something about their body so when someone does transform their body they hate on them. Because deep down they know they don't have the motivation, willpower or perseverance to do any of that. It's easy to sit behind your computer screens and spout out **** about how disgusting that is, but at the end of the day the only disgusting thing is the average fat TSRian stuffing their face with cookies and pizza whilst browsing this site.

I'm not trolling btw just my 2 cents and btw COME AT ME NEGS, I don't give a ****.

Disclaimer: I'm seriously not trolling..
    Lol I like the pizza bit.

Turn your keyboards upside down. If crumbs drop out you a TSR slob lol

The only thing I'll say about that guy is he is VERY lean and often a slightly softer look is better in reality. Soft abs are awesome for example.

ReputationRep:
    Also notice in the wwe how it is the least muscular guys who all the girls like, such as Cody Rhodes, cm punk etc are all consider way more attractive than John Cena. The girls like muscles myth is so silly.
    You troll...you must be new to wrestling cus back in the day the least muscular guys got jack squat! Only the script gets them the women nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Lol at everyone saying it looks disgusting and not natural. His looks as aesthetic as fuaarkk imo. Fair enough a minority may actually find that physique unattractive but in general it's just jealousy.

People can't get off their own backsides and do something about their body so when someone does transform their body they hate on them. Because deep down they know they don't have the motivation, willpower or perseverance to do any of that. It's easy to sit behind your computer screens and spout out **** about how disgusting that is, but at the end of the day the only disgusting thing is the average fat TSRian stuffing their face with cookies and pizza whilst browsing this site.

I'm not trolling btw just my 2 cents and btw COME AT ME NEGS, I don't give a ****.

Disclaimer: I'm seriously not trolling..
    Except it's the girls saying it's unattractive.

You saying girls are jealous of some blokes muscles? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    No, men can pull it off naturally. Men get buff Women generally like, Women get buff about 1% of men like.
    I'm sorry, what are you trying to say?(I can't understand it due to the structure.)

(Original post by Hooj)
    You do realise that the dude in the OP pic has near enough a similar build to a rugby player? He barely has the "body builders" physique...
    Really? What professional rugby player is that muscular? And how many?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    Ok do you think this is a nicer body?

(this is not me btw)
    yeah! Why?????

ReputationRep:
    No, would squish me
    I'm could not care less about being with a muscular guy!

ReputationRep:
    That's still exercise, you won't look like the OP through manual labour, that guy focuses on specific parts of his body as well as keeping his body fat low through diet.Likely? No definitely. I ask again show me a muscley man who doesn't get it through working out? You can't, duh. No they aren't naturally muscular though, you have to work out, no one is born muscular without working out. You saidupposed by who? Society. It isn't nature that men are muscular, it because they work out. So how can you then say it isn't natural for women to be muscular? When it is due to hard work not nature. That doesn't mean men naturally are muscular and women aren't, a fat man could probably over power a muscular woman. Everything that occurs in change is natural, I don't think you understand the word. I'm saying it is not the natural state of a human being, you have to target specific parts of your body to modify it.That men are supposed to be muscular and women aren't? Yes that is a social/gender construct. A skinny guy can be stronger than a woman, this isn't about strength I'm talking about muscular build of which requires hard work from both genders. The fact that women don't build as much muscle doesn't make it unnatural or mean they aren't supposed to be muscular. If biology didn't want them to be muscular they wouldn't have that ability which they evidently do. There's nothing unnatural about it.
    Yes and humans are meant to exercise Will most people look like that through manual labour? Maybe not to that degree (although some would) but it would be possible to gain that physique through manual labour for some people. As for an example of someone who was extremely muscular as a result of manual labour, genetics and no training I couldn't give you a picture because it's pretty impossible to prove someone hasn't trained but I can say that Lennie Small from of Mice and Men was based off a real person who was the muscular naturally. As for body fat, plenty of people have that low a body fat without training, it's the combination with that muscle which is rarer.

Ok then what is the natural state of a human being, i didn't realise that there was some predetermined standard which had been agreed :rolleyes: As I have said, there will have been plenty of people who look similar to that without training.

If I and a few other people were to eat exactly the same amount of food and do exactly the same exercise from birth would we all end up with the same amount of muscle? No, because some people are more genetically gifted than others.

It's nature that men gain muscle quicker and are born with more, it's nature that a muscular man is seen as stronger, healthier and a more attractive mate. Which is why men are seen to need to be more muscular, it's simple biology. The last time I checked hormone levels count as nature. You don't have to target particular muscles for men to get bigger than women, do manual labour and men will get more muscular than women, this is just a more extreme version of the stimulus. Yes it's hard work, that doesn't make it not natural.

Yes a fat man who could overpower a muscular women because he'd weigh more, and he'd likely be stronger anyway. Men are naturally more muscular than women. That is a fact. You can say it's not as much as you like but that doesn't make it not true.

Biology doesn't want women to be as muscular as men which is why you can't do it. Is it deseriable for women to be muscular to a certain degree? Yes, it's a sign of health and fitness. But not to the degree that men are, that's not a gender construct, it's biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    Ok do you think this is a nicer body?

(this is not me btw)
    now that's more like it... :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldor)
    I'm sorry, what are you trying to say?(I can't understand it due to the structure.)

Really? What professional rugby player is that muscular? And how many?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite a few Sheldor. Don't forget that dude in the pic is tensing also. You don't know what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Lol I like the pizza bit.

Turn your keyboards upside down. If crumbs drop out you a TSR slob lol

The only thing I'll say about that guy is he is VERY lean and often a slightly softer look is better in reality. Soft abs are awesome for example.
    Haha thanks I do try
    He is very lean which is a fair point but he might be competing for bbing or something? I'd be happy with that much muscle but maybe a couple of more pounds of fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Except it's the girls saying it's unattractive.

You saying girls are jealous of some blokes muscles? :teehee:
    No the guys are probably jealous of his muscles, the girls are jealous of his drive and ambition while they sit there with pudgey bums eating ice cream and browsing facebook

ReputationRep:
    No?! Who in their right mind would click no?!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I find it unattractive. For instance if this dude seemed nice and offered me a date I wouldn't say no. Most girls wouldn't! BUT it doesn't make me hot under the collar based on aesthetics. It's mainly skinny guys who do that for me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.