Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Absolutely awful session. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uktotalgamer)
    Are you not reading what I'm saying. I agree that strength increases however it does so gradually when you are doing 8-12 reps. What I'm saying is that if your goal is size; there is no need to train for strength.
    You weren't saying it very well.
    To this point, it's not so black and white. Different rep ranges stimulate different type of muscle fibres so even if type 2 lends itself most to size, if you want to gain the most size possible you should do some low rep training for more type 1 recruitment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennaEmBee)
    you guys are so lucky being able to use a gym to lift all confidently i'd love to but all the blokes would be "hey honey, the treadmill's thatta way":P built all the muscle i have without equipment
    You won't get that in my gym. You'll just get guys perving on you. Comes with the territory I guess lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    You weren't saying it very well.
    To this point, it's not so black and white. Different rep ranges stimulate different type of muscle fibres so even if type 2 lends itself most to size, if you want to gain the most size possible you should do some low rep training for more type 1 recruitment.
    I thought I came across alright. All I was saying is that you don't need to train for strength if your goal is size. There's just no need. Strength comes in time when doing 8-12 reps.

(Original post by silent ninja)
    You won't get that in my gym. You'll just get guys perving on you. Comes with the territory I guess lol
    This. However, help yourself out and don't wear tight lycra pants...

ReputationRep:
    I would love to go but I just don't have the confidence especially if I haven't used a certain bit of equipment before. I'm quite shy at first Can't even afford to go atm so i'll just continue lifting sacks and using my dumbells in the house, at least I can make all sorts of faces then haha. How much protein do you guys take in? my back muscles have all popped out, some of them ive never seen before, there's some random triangle looking ones pahaaa I have no idea what they are called. but as it is my own body, I can't tell if it looks masculine or not, can't even tell if it's as defined as I think it is, so I'm going to try not to do specific back and shoulder stuff for a while! I enjoy being strong, love the looks on people's faces when I do something unexpected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennaEmBee)
    I only created this account yesterday, so I have no idea how the quote thing works. person who said "This. However, help yourself out and don't wear tight lycra pants..."
    ...but that's all I have paha at least they're black not neon orange or yellow. This was my back in September
    Attachment 191160It's a tad different now but I dont want any more muscle, I want to lose weight from my thighs but all that seems to happen is I build muscle elsewhere aarrgh
    In b4 front pics lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.