Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I just end it? Watch

Announcements

My boyfriend has dumped me 3 - 4 times but each time we've "sorted it out". Recently things have actually been great, he's treating me really well, he seems genuinely happy and he tells me all the time how amazing and beautiful I am and how lucky he is.

But.. I feel **** inside. I feel very insecure about myself and our relationship. I don't know what to do.

Every time he dumped me I felt awful and just wanted him back but now I've got him back I don't feel happy like I thought I would. I just feel like I can't trust him even though he's been amazing recently

How do I get past this? I'm humiliated but at the same time I love him and want things to go back to how they were

ReputationRep:
    You are a strong, independent black woman and you don't need this capricious, selfish chump.

ReputationRep:
    Why not, you know, talk to him about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend has dumped me 3 - 4 times but each time we've "sorted it out". Recently things have actually been great, he's treating me really well, he seems genuinely happy and he tells me all the time how amazing and beautiful I am and how lucky he is.

But.. I feel **** inside. I feel very insecure about myself and our relationship. I don't know what to do.

Every time he dumped me I felt awful and just wanted him back but now I've got him back I don't feel happy like I thought I would. I just feel like I can't trust him even though he's been amazing recently

How do I get past this? I'm humiliated but at the same time I love him and want things to go back to how they were
    I am sorry to hear this!

I was in a similar situation a few years ago and I ended it with him and I am glad we did.

You can't go on if you are not happy, my advice would be to end the relationship. It must 100% be your decision though!

Good luck, whatever you decide xx

(Original post by joker12345)
    Why not, you know, talk to him about it?
    I have spoken to him, several times and he always apologises and says he's been an idiot... that doesn't make me feel better though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.