Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone tried it? It got a lot of media attention a few years back but I was wondering if anyone on here actually tried and lost weight? Obviously it's not advisable to do this diet but my sister wants to lose weight in a month and she wants to start off with this, see some results and then go to the gym a couple times a week. She asked me but I hadn't heard of it until now and so I thought I'd ask for any opinions on here.

ReputationRep:
    Google the side effects and see if she still fancies it.

But on a serious note, a long term healthy diet and exercise is much better. Anything done quickly in the short term can be reversed just as quickly once the crazy diet ends.

ReputationRep:
    Exercise more and eat a diet consisting of all food groups but in moderation. Fad diets are *******s.

Does any diet that tells you to only eat one thing sound like a good one to you,.honestly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Does any diet that tells you to only eat one thing sound like a good one to you,.honestly?
    Obviously not. I'm just entertaining her thought. I have advised her to go to the gym with me but she's just disheartened at the moment and wants to try it. I can't force her not to so I thought I'd find some info on it. ¬¬

(Original post by Confusing_Chem)
    Obviously not. I'm just entertaining her thought. I have advised her to go to the gym with me but she's just disheartened at the moment and wants to try it. I can't force her not to so I thought I'd find some info on it. ¬¬
    When people know what they're supposed to do, but won't do it, what can you do? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I could drink maple syrup if it didn't cost £5 per bottle!! American pancakes + maple syrup mmmmm....in fact I have some from yesterday which I shall reheat. Thanks OP

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.