Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I Have my Geography Unit 3 Exam on the 30th Jan.. and I'm making cue cards with all the info/case studies i need.. Are they're any other ways you guys revise which you find good?

Thanks

Rakhee

ReputationRep:
    I printed out a copy of the specification. Wrote down all the information, each piece of information paired with a case study, and did model essays. Hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    just make notes with ur revision book (if u have one, if u dont then either get one or go to revision websites) after doing that do a past paper to see what u know and go over the topics that you didnt get. That how i revise for my geography exams.

Good luck!! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW)
    I printed out a copy of the specification. Wrote down all the information, each piece of information paired with a case study, and did model essays. Hope it helps.
    Thankss!! Do you know where you can get the specification from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kish667)
    just make notes with ur revision book (if u have one, if u dont then either get one or go to revision websites) after doing that do a past paper to see what u know and go over the topics that you didnt get. That how i revise for my geography exams.

Good luck!! :P

Thankyou!! I have done that already as my book is got everything i need so i simplified it to my notebook then simplified it onto cue cards.. now im going to simplify that even more and test myself and hunt down some past papers

ReputationRep:
    Make colourful summary sheets. Make them pretty so you're not forcing yourself to study boring black and white notes constantly. Make about 10 A4 double sided sheets with everything you need to know and go through them pretty much everyday until your exam. Little and often helps move information from your short-term to you long-term memory.

Also, at least two weeks before your exam, attempt a past paper under timed conditions. Check which questions you got wrong. Understand WHY you got that question wrong and then attempt a number of short questions from the chapter(s) you struggled with. Repeat every 2-3 days.

Another thing that might help with Geography is youtube videos. Visualising things really helps understand them, and there are some pretty cool things up there. Especially if you have difficulty understanding a topic for a first time, or even if you want to go over a well-known topic- use the videos.

If you have friends doing the same course as you, use your flash cards to test each other. It makes studying less dull, and you pass the time doing something constructive. If you can't work with your friends and end up chatting about, say QI (don't ask), then just go through it with some classmates that you're not best friends with, but can get along with.

Oh, and try to study early on, giving yourself "treats" should you complete (eg) 3 solid hours of revision+ 4X 15 min breaks. I found it more motivation to study if on a Saturday morning, I'd tell myself that I would go out that night if I finished revising two chapters from each subject. It worked really well for me. Only a note- if you go out- don't drink too much. Hangovers make it difficult to study.

Hope it helps and good luck with the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakz14)
    Thankss!! Do you know where you can get the specification from?
    Your exam boards website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monarose)
    Make colourful summary sheets. Make them pretty so you're not forcing yourself to study boring black and white notes constantly. Make about 10 A4 double sided sheets with everything you need to know and go through them pretty much everyday until your exam. Little and often helps move information from your short-term to you long-term memory.

Also, at least two weeks before your exam, attempt a past paper under timed conditions. Check which questions you got wrong. Understand WHY you got that question wrong and then attempt a number of short questions from the chapter(s) you struggled with. Repeat every 2-3 days.

Another thing that might help with Geography is youtube videos. Visualising things really helps understand them, and there are some pretty cool things up there. Especially if you have difficulty understanding a topic for a first time, or even if you want to go over a well-known topic- use the videos.

If you have friends doing the same course as you, use your flash cards to test each other. It makes studying less dull, and you pass the time doing something constructive. If you can't work with your friends and end up chatting about, say QI (don't ask), then just go through it with some classmates that you're not best friends with, but can get along with.

Oh, and try to study early on, giving yourself "treats" should you complete (eg) 3 solid hours of revision+ 4X 15 min breaks. I found it more motivation to study if on a Saturday morning, I'd tell myself that I would go out that night if I finished revising two chapters from each subject. It worked really well for me. Only a note- if you go out- don't drink too much. Hangovers make it difficult to study.

Hope it helps and good luck with the exam

Thank-you So much for this.. I've merged two of your ideas which are the cue cards and colours making my cue cards very colourful and bright which will defo help me! I am trying to juggle all my subjects currently doing what you've said! Thank-you so much again! I'm going to hunt down some youtube videos as well!

Really appreciated!

Rakhee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.