Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've been really stupid and dyed my hair with Lush caca rouge henna, I've naturally got medium dark ginger hair. I really like my natural colour but I felt I needed a change after having a difficult year. I decided to use henna as I was told (by the assistant in lush) that it was semi-permanent and would achieve the colour I wanted, a rich darker red/ginger. BUT it looks orange and now I'm very worried (more worried than that) that I've ruined my hair. So will it fade? Change colour? Or is there anyway to get rid of it. I'd really appreciate any help. I haven't a clue what to do at the moment.

Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    Lol could you supply a picture?

ReputationRep:
    Henna takes several weeks to eventually wear off - for my friend, it took a few months. Just wash your hair a lot and hopefully the results will come quicker.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I'm just really worried as I was told it was semi-permanent (I'd never use permanent knowingly) and since applying it I've read about some people saying its permanent. I researched it, did a strand test beforehand, but it didn't turn out at all how I thought it would. I didn't even leave it on as long as recommended as I was worried it would make it too orange. I just wanted something subtle.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, how much have you washed your hair since you dyed it? I use the same stuff and it fades quite a lot after the first 2 or 3 washes, and then lasts well after that. If you want a darker/richer ginger then you could try using one of their other hennas next time as caca rouge is the brightest one and the others will be darker.

(Original post by blossom-1)
    Thank you, I'm just really worried as I was told it was semi-permanent (I'd never use permanent knowingly) and since applying it I've read about some people saying its permanent.
    ^Just read this bit.:s Erm, when I bought some I was told by the shopkeeper that it was a permanent dye and she was very well informed about it. It does fade over time but I'm pretty sure it's permanent as the colour has remained in my hair. It blends quite naturally though so it probably won't be noticeable if you grow it out.

ReputationRep:
    How orange is it? I'd imagine you think it looks a lot worse than it actually does - it's usually the case :3
    It will fade eventually so don't worry too much about it. Usually the colour isn't as bright after a couple of washes (though I have never used henna so I don't know how different this may be!).

I'll bet you're not keen on using anything else, but you could maybe look for a semi-permanent lightish brown dye. They wash out after so many washes.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you!!! I've washed it about four times as I really don't like it and I only did it this afternoon. I don't really want to add anything else to it, I don't know what to do with it. I must admit I'm slightly on the verge of panicking. I wasn't told that it was permanent, I was told it lasts a while but not that my only options were to re-henna or grow it out. I know it will change over the next three days but I'm worried that in that time it will get worse, but there appears to be nothing else I can do.

I don't really want to chemically dye it as I opted for henna as it was natural and figured it would wash out (appears now that its too late, I was seriously wrong and was ill-advised in lush). I did the patch test, two in fact and it didn't appear to change my hair much at all. I did the patch for almost twice as long as I did the whole of head as I was too scared to keep it on any longer than two at the maximum.

Does anyone know much it fades by?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.