Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I love the first post of this thread. Clapping hands overload :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalus)
    Loooool I was banned so unfairly!
    You got yourself banned again one night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hessajee)
    Welcome theoutsider840!

5 am starts are brilliant! Then you can enjoy the day and the daylight fully and then go to bed at about 9 pm.
    Thanks for the welcome message - am back on TSR after a few months absence.

Yea early wake ups are great - they set you up for a long day as you said and it's not as if many other people are doing anything productive at that time, so you don't feel guilty "wasting time" on youtube etc.

(Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    Glad to have you with us! :congrats:

Good luck and hang in there - keep a positive attitude! If I can last four months (and others much longer), I'm sure we can do a year! :top:
    Thanks! Am interested in how this will all influence energy and mood. Am fairly sporty these days and regularly attend the gym but have slacked off the last 2/3 weeks. Can recall going for ~ 21 days in 2010 and feeling I had better focus and energy in that time so am choosing to experiment with it again. Am confident I will endure the process given enough peer pressure!

ReputationRep:
    Two weeks! :cheers:

But I have to say that the 13th (i.e. Sunday) was arguably the most difficult yet (but it wasn't too challenging).

And so it continues... :moon:

P.S.

The positive benefits that I normally get from fapstinence aren't showing in full force yet - i.e. my signature mania (in the positive sense) has markedly decreased since the first few days of the year. This is worrying - at the current moment, only mildly, as I hope it's temporary. However, it'll be pretty concerning if my signature mania was only a 'phase' (been present for a few years - best thing that's ever happened to me) - because this was what pretty much defined my new character (new character having fully formed by 4 years ago in 2009).

But again, I really should attribute this to less sleep - which I've noticed quite a few people have been complaining about. I would think that less sleep reduces the perception/presence of the benefits of this challenge. So I would encourage people to stick it out and ride out the 'withdrawal symptoms' and then benefits should begin to show up more and more and much more strongly.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to fall asleep with images of naked women in your head is a nightmare. Resisting temptation to have a **** as I am enjoying the challenge but it's getting difficult now (day 6 as it is after midnight.)

I reckon I could jizz just by thought alone at the moment

ReputationRep:
    You guys ate ridiculous, this forum is ridiculous. I bow my hat to you all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Trying to fall asleep with images of naked women in your head is a nightmare. Resisting temptation to have a **** as I am enjoying the challenge but it's getting difficult now (day 6 as it is after midnight.)

I reckon I could jizz just by thought alone at the moment
    Hang in there, mate - can't you think of something else that will distract you or make you fall asleep quicker? I don't know - the old 'counting sheep' or something similar? Or just imagine something totally unrelated to sleep - maybe being on a beautiful shore...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The French Guy)
    You guys ate ridiculous, this forum is ridiculous. I bow my hat to you all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But, Monsieur, how can one 'eat' that which is an adjective? :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Why not just work on counteracting the negative thoughts you have that surround beating off? Beating off isn't the problem, a life of brainwashing into thinking it is somehow wrong is.
    Couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:
    Hang in there, mate - can't you think of something else that will distract you or make you fall asleep quicker? I don't know - the old 'counting sheep' or something similar? Or just imagine something totally unrelated to sleep - maybe being on a beautiful shore...?
    With a beautiful woman

I am determined to see this through, like you say if you can do four months then 6 days is not much. Am I right in assuming that every 7 days your testosterone spikes and thus every 7 days is the hardest part, then it dies down?

Thanks for the encouragement by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people do this? Did you all have Catholic upbringings or something?

ReputationRep:
    But, Monsieur, how can one 'eat' that which is an adjective? :pierre:
    You know what I meant, let me start again.

You guys are ridiculous, in fact this forum is ridiculous. I bow my hat to you all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starman)
    ^This

ReputationRep:
    I can only speak for myself but I find the studies interesting and therefore I am willing to abstain to see if there really are benefits. Worst case scenario is there are no benefits and I finally fap with months worth of jizz being released with the force of a fireman's hose.

That and I enjoy challenges.

ReputationRep:
    I can only speak for myself but I find the studies interesting and therefore I am willing to abstain to see if there really are benefits. Worst case scenario is there are no benefits and I finally fap with months worth of jizz being released with the force of a fireman's hose.

You really think there'll be any benefits?

ReputationRep:
    Blue balls!! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

If you like challenges learn a language, get fit, buy a ****ing rubix cube. There are a plethora of challenges awaiting you in the world; to deprive yourself of Man's most fundamental act for a challenge is simultaneously laughable and concerning

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but the anecdotal evidence seems pretty genuine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuerin)
    If you like challenges learn a language, get fit, buy a ****ing rubix cube. There are a plethora of challenges awaiting you in the world; to deprive yourself of Man's most fundamental act for a challenge is simultaneously laughable and concerning
    I am already learning a language and lifting weights and have been for ages but thank you for your post.

ReputationRep:
    With a beautiful woman

I am determined to see this through, like you say if you can do four months then 6 days is not much. Am I right in assuming that every 7 days your testosterone spikes and thus every 7 days is the hardest part, then it dies down?

Thanks for the encouragement by the way.
    OK, maybe a calm, relaxed shore

It really does depend on the person. But my so-called 'every 7 days' happened on the 13th (i.e. Sunday) this time around. There was a great big test spike for me yesterday. So, again, it depends on the person. Take into account, that I overdid the fun last year, so maybe my body/brain is taking some time to reboot.

No. Since when do Catholics do NoFap challenges? :rolleyes:

(Original post by Taffinator)
    ^This
    See above. :rolleyes:

Many have certainly attested to benefits, including myself. Ultimately, it's a nice change to doing the same thing - it gives a fresh perspective and outlook. And again, it's only for a year, not for ninety years, not for a lifetime. :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.