Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaBurton)
    I've thought of another benefit to the no fapping thing. It is reducing the chances that the country will one day be invaded by imbecilic proto-humans, incapable of speech and unused to the light... Let me explain.

Us girls flush our used sanitary products down the toilet. They go into the sewers. So do pieces of tissue etc that guys have jerked off into. The water in the sewers is warm, and the walls of the tunnels are lined with organic matter. A few of the eggs and sperms meet up, conception takes place, they embed themselves in the walls of the tunnels. Nine months later, a baby is born. Fired with resentment for having to live in the dark, surrounded by ****, piss, sanpro and blood.

It's only a matter of time before there are enough of them that they decide it's worth mounting an attack on the rest of us, above ground. Men avoiding fapping is the only thing that stands between us and the end of civilisation as we know it.

Oh my days. This has got to be the biggest Bull I have EVER EVER read on TSR. Even though I restrain on fapping as it is commonly referred I guess. But the above comment has got to be at the top of my list with the most irrational BS ever.

Even though it came as a joke it's pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theworld)
    This is really pissing me off. I don't want to fap but i just can't help it.. please help me? PM me help please

Dude did u even look at my guide list. It's a few pages back.

Hope it helps, PM me if necessary

YNWA....your not alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuerin)
    I'm not asking people not to try, by all means do. Just because I disagree with an idea doesn't mean it can't interest me. I'm simply pushing my case for why I think it is a futile exercise. Don't get tetchy, discussion is what forums are for.
    To be fair though, this is a thread about undertaking no fapping - the thread was set up to log our accounts and experiences as we progress, not to have a debate about whether the idea is a good one or not (that's just my opinion though). Even if you are here for a discussion, debate is hardly best served by branding the concept as simple "stupidity".

ReputationRep:
    its been more than a month without fapping for me and I think i am losing it. Today instead of writing www.youtube.com i wrote youjizz :/ My inner body is craving for a fap :O Bob (my penis) needs to stop controlling my brain

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

i'm not going to lie, i usually do it to some victoria's secret photos

i'm finding it hard to keep it up/ it's already been over 2 weeks but i want to keep going.

ReputationRep:
    I've already responded to your childish notion that disagreeing with a proposal means I couldn't do it myself. I experimented with abstinence when I was 14 and it resulted in only astronomical sex drive to the point of not being able to focus on anything. As for positive benefits, there are also a plethora of negative anecdotes to be found in this thread, if you care to remove your blinders. The reason I'm so adamant against it is because stupidity irritates me.
    Are you still 14 by any chance? No? Thought not. Maybe that's you who can't concentrate on anything else (like a few people have reported); but personally, I just divert my attention to other things - that's all about using the prefrontal cortex/frontal lobe.

But arguably, at 14, it isn't as developed and formidable as say, one's frontal lobe some five years later. Really, now I can say that it's much easy to just push the 'urge' to the back of my mind and focus my attention on something else.

Of course there are negative anecdotes as well as positive anecdotes - I am well aware of that. However, advice has constantly been given on how to avoid/minimise them.

As the poster below (theoutsider840) says - just because you don't see benefits from it, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. For all you know, it could simply be people's individual brain chemistries - i.e. some feel great benefits from not tugging for some time and get greatly motivated and productive; whilst others tug regularly and are still greatly motivated and productive.

(Original post by theoutsider840)

Why are you still being so critical about this idea? Why not live and let live and find another thread topic which interests you? People are voluntarily experimenting here. Just because you didn't experience any beneficial changes when you undertook abstinence doesn't mean others will have the same results (for better or for worse) - but they don't know that until they've actually tried it out for themselves...
    Nice one, mate. :top:

I'm not asking people not to try, by all means do. Just because I disagree with an idea doesn't mean it can't interest me. I'm simply pushing my case for why I think it is a futile exercise. Don't get tetchy, discussion is what forums are for.
    Please see above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theworld)
    Yea, im gonna have to restart
    That's too bad, mate - what's going wrong? What are the circumstances of your falls?

(Original post by Daniel__)
    Failed. Will contemplate restarting. Curse those gifs on the boobs or butt thread!
    Yep. I only went twice into that thread before I concluded that it would only make it much harder and make me question the Challenge and the movement!

Hope you learn from the experience regardless of whether you'll be restarting or not.

ReputationRep:
    Chancellor can you add me as a failure please?

New start date - 14th January 2013.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Chancellor can you add me as a failure please?

New start date - 14th January 2013.
    But aren't you restarting?

ReputationRep:
    just took a quickie. damn, i was going strong for 2 and a half weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AK.tsr)
    just took a quickie. damn, i was going strong for 2 and a half weeks
    I bet it was amazing.

I'm still going strong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    But aren't you restarting?
    Yes. I spent 4 hours trying to fall asleep last night before caving in. I actually had a few strokes then stopped for half an hour. I didn't know if I had broken no fap as I didn't jizz, then I remembered it saying no touching so I thought **** it and cracked one off.

Back in the contest though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Yes. I spent 4 hours trying to fall asleep last night before caving in. I actually had a few strokes then stopped for half an hour. I didn't know if I had broken no fap as I didn't jizz, then I remembered it saying no touching so I thought **** it and cracked one off.

Back in the contest though.
    Oh, OK. Then you won't be named and shamed as a failure. You'll only be [RESTARTED], as it were.

Glad to have you back with us, though! :top:

ReputationRep:
    Umm... is everybody ACTUALLY intending to last this out until the end of the year??

Your penis will become like a volcano after a few weeks!
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Pig)
    Umm... is everybody ACTUALLY intending to last this out until the end of the year??

I certainly am.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Alright, this marks the end of day 11 and is to my knowledge officially the longest I've ever been without doing it since I started. Showing no signs of surrender.

On a side note, I personally want to treat everyone who makes it to the end to a beer. :yy:

ReputationRep:

Me! Certainly I will go the extra mile and hold out for the year - I don't see why not. It's a different lifestyle and I'm open to enjoying different modes of human existence/lifestyles.

It may seem daunting at first, but as it goes on and on, it no longer seems so scary anymore. How do I know this? My experience of four months without demonstrates this to me.

Hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    I bet it was amazing.

I'm still going strong...
    dude, it wasn't even that good. no lie. i was expecting it to be.

i'm not horny now, but horny-ness will reappear soon. it always does. (what a *****)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden_Boy786)
    Dude did u even look at my guide list. It's a few pages back.

Hope it helps, PM me if necessary

YNWA....your not alone
    nice 1 mate. can you pm me this i cant find it

ReputationRep:
    well this was a new year's resolution, but now that i've screwed that up,
    i have to aim for my 20th birthday as a goal: that's 2 months and 1 week away

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.