Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    Great idea. I've put something together that's alright at the mo but I'm not happy with it. Will try to make a good motivational background at some point.

Attachment 194026
    Wow that's awesome, nice work. It's nice also to have a wallpaper with such a secret meaning behind it.

I'd do the same but my wallpaper's already in use by other motivational stuff. Fapstinence luckily is kind of included in it so it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Wow that's awesome, nice work. It's nice also to have a wallpaper with such a secret meaning behind it.

I'd do the same but my wallpaper's already in use by other motivational stuff. Fapstinence luckily is kind of included in it so it's all good.
    Feel like sharing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Yes. I started 2 weeks ago today.
    How's it been going for you?
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Feel like sharing it?
    Sure, but it's personally-tailored. These are my life rules that I attempt to live by. Fapstinence is covered by rule #2. The full wallpaper is larger but I wanted it to fit.

• Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    How's it been going for you?
    Going well thanks! The first week was the hardest, but after that I've gradually noticed changes towards my enthusiasm for seeing it through. Whether I feel more confident day-to-day is harder to tell, but I'm certainly happy with my decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Sure, but it's personally-tailored. These are my life rules that I attempt to live by. Fapstinence is covered by rule #2. The full wallpaper is larger but I wanted it to fit.

Saved that. It's so good. Hopefully I can abide by some of those myself. +1
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Saved that. It's so good. Hopefully I can abide by some of those myself. +1
    My principal occupation in life is self-improvement, I don't like the idea that I won't meet my potential (whatever it happens to be). Those rules I've followed for about two years now, but I need constant reminding of them. If I was to ever get a tattoo, it'd be related to these.

I'd highly advise you (or anybody) to think up a custom list of your own for what you think is important - it's hugely satisfying to feel every day that you're acting morally and with purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Going well thanks! The first week was the hardest, but after that I've gradually noticed changes towards my enthusiasm for seeing it through. Whether I feel more confident day-to-day is harder to tell, but I'm certainly happy with my decision.
    I feel more motivated now to seriously try this out

ReputationRep:
    How're you all doing??

Although I haven't stopped entirely, in honour of this thread and your efforts, my fap-fests have become much less frequent.

Just can't quite bring myself to commit to total abstinence.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    I feel more motivated now to seriously try this out
    Great! It takes a while to get past the temptation to restart but after a certain point it becomes mostly smooth sailing. You get practised at resisting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    My principal occupation in life is self-improvement, I don't like the idea that I won't meet my potential (whatever it happens to be). Those rules I've followed for about two years now, but I need constant reminding of them. If I was to ever get a tattoo, it'd be related to these.

I'd highly advise you (or anybody) to think up a custom list of your own for what you think is important - it's hugely satisfying to feel every day that you're acting morally and with purpose.
    I know what you mean. I think what made me feel so good about NoFap is that I set myself a challenge, one that many guys struggle with, and I'm doing it. I feel like I've really achieved something worthwhile, which I haven't felt in a while and I think that's part of the boost I'd felt. I've made it 38 days now and it just feels easy. It doesn't feel like I'm fighting against anything now, it's just part of me to not fap.

However, I'm not gonna suddenly start fapping. Although I may not realise it now, when I have a girlfriend or just get physical with a girl I know it's gonna be hugely beneficial. That's my reason for fapstinence.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. I think what made me feel so good about NoFap is that I set myself a challenge, one that many guys struggle with, and I'm doing it. I feel like I've really achieved something worthwhile, which I haven't felt in a while and I think that's part of the boost I'd felt. I've made it 38 days now and it just feels easy. It doesn't feel like I'm fighting against anything now, it's just part of me to not fap.

However, I'm not gonna suddenly start fapping. Although I may not realise it now, when I have a girlfriend or just get physical with a girl I know it's gonna be hugely beneficial. That's my reason for fapstinence.
    Awesome! Yeah. The absolute best way to quit something is to reframe it. It's not I resist the urge to fap, it's I'm not the kind of guy who faps. This was mentioned by someone else earlier in the thread, and it's so true. A person who thinks of himself as a non-masturbator doesn't have to resist anything - the mere contemplation of it is dismissed as going against his very identity.

ReputationRep:
    I dont get it, whats the point? its something that feels good and has been proven to be good for you. obviously its not as good as sex, it isnt replacing sex its just something to do inbetween and some people who arent as good looking or dont have sex or whatever need to do it, its completely healthy and nothing wrong with it and shouldnt be shamed i think, in fact it should be viewed as normal. it seems like the person who created this challenge is a religious nut trying to 'save the babies'. Im really not sure there would be anything beneficial out of this.

Why not do something actaully worth the effort like stop smoking or excersize more or eat healthy, this just seems really silly since there are no negative effects of masturabting, yes i called it masturbating the word fap makes me feel sick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DZJX)
    I dont get it, whats the point? its something that feels good and has been proven to be good for you. obviously its not as good as sex, it isnt replacing sex its just something to do inbetween and some people who arent as good looking or dont have sex or whatever need to do it, its completely healthy and nothing wrong with it and shouldnt be shamed i think, in fact it should be viewed as normal. it seems like the person who created this challenge is a religious nut trying to 'save the babies'. Im really not sure there would be anything beneficial out of this.

Why not do something actaully worth the effort like stop smoking or excersize more or eat healthy, this just seems really silly since there are no negative effects of masturabting, yes i called it masturbating the word fap makes me feel sick!
    They are all Cray Cray.:pierre:

ReputationRep:
    ''I'm not the kind of guy who faps''

What the hell is that supposed to mean, like the kind of person who does that is some sort of bad person or criminal??, its completely normal, everyone does it, i think its strange that people want to abstain from it like its a drug or something.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DZJX)
    What the hell is that supposed to mean, like the kind of person who does that is some sort of bad person or criminal??, its completely normal, everyone does it, i think its strange that people want to abstain from it like its a drug or something.
    Yeah, everyone that faps is a bad person or a criminal. :rolleyes:

It means exactly what it says it means - nothing more, nothing less. Reading more into what people say than they actually say is a recipe for high blood pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Yeah, everyone that faps is a bad person or a criminal. :rolleyes:

It means exactly what it says it means - nothing more, nothing less. Reading more into what people say than they actually say is a recipe for high blood pressure.
    Well you better get the sphygmomanometer out because leaving comments like that are bound to have people up in arms!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    The Mad Dog caused you to fail?

You need an iron will. Only you can beat the challenge! Don't let your penis win again! You're in control! :driver:
    Haha yea he did.....I clicked the link out of curiosity.....then saw Kate Upton....I immediately had to google her and do it.....It was a nice release though...lol....Yea from now on im in control not my penis :P lol

ReputationRep:
    Lads I'm sorry to say after 12 days ( I think ) I've failed. I'm so sorry, I've let the team down, myself down, my family down and my friends. I'm going to go have a **** to relieve me of my depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spun29)
    Haha yea he did.....I clicked the link out of curiosity.....then saw Kate Upton....I immediately had to google her and do it.....It was a nice release though...lol....Yea from now on im in control not my penis :P lol
    Woah bro, you can't bandy Kate Upton's name on a No Fap forum just like that. Not meaning to offend but not everyone has an iron will. Let's keep the sweet, sensual, and oh so sexy Kate Upton out of this. (Nearly caused me to break ... BUT I"M ALIVE.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.