Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

*No Fap 2013!* Watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Can someone add me to the OP as well? Stopped fapping since December 30th and the urge is starting to diminish

Really need to work on talking to some girls though, that's going to be much harder
    Sovr'gn will be able to add you when he becomes unbanned. Congrats on fapstaining for so long! Formidable achievement. :congrats:

(Original post by HFerguson)
    4 weeks today, yeahhhhh buddy

Crass suggestion, but; pairing off singles of the no-fap society for sexytime? LMAO

lets all help eachother out haha :laugh:
    Knocking down barriers, coming together, this is the spirit of NoFap.

Spoiler:
    Show
    coming together :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    4 weeks today, yeahhhhh buddy

Crass suggestion, but; pairing off singles of the no-fap society for sexytime? LMAO

lets all help eachother out haha :laugh:
    lmao, I'm game if you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    lmao, I'm game if you are
    n-no homo

(Original post by miser)

Spoiler:
    Show
    coming together :awesome:
    :awesome: nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    It's a similar depressed feeling I get after eating junk food, not keeping up with exercise etc. It's hard to explain but definitely not a good feeling.

It also affects me socially, it makes me feel inadequate. Yet so many people say it is a natural and healthy thing to do, I guess it depends on the sort of person you are. I personally feel more confident if I don't fap
    Good for you man, it's great that you've come to that realisation. When everybody out there is telling you it's great and healthy to fap, it's a lot harder to look at yourself and say "Hang on, actually fapping makes me feel worse about myself".

Really hope you're able to exert your discipline and abstain. You'll feel a load better for it. Getting rid of that social inadequacy is part of why I do it too. Channel your energy into exercising and focusing on eating the right things. You'll feel a thousand times better.

ReputationRep:
    n-no homo

:awesome: nice
    yeahh, no homo...

but seriously good work on the 4 weeks abstinence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Yes, absolutely. Personally I love taking on challenges like this, trying to improve myself. The very idea of not meeting my potential (whatever it is) grates against my soul whenever I permit myself to think about it.

Yeah - you need specifics. You need real goals that you either achieve or fail, to which all the actions of your life either conform to or don't. You need to know exactly what you want - the big picture - or else you'll never get it. Nice thoughts.
    Completely agree, I'm always looking for challenges. I have an anxiety disorder, and a lot of these things I have done to improve myself have helped increase my confidence, and increased self-actualization, and made me realise what I want. Dependence on anything is a horrible horrible feeling.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    Completely agree, I'm always looking for challenges. I have an anxiety disorder, and a lot of these things I have done to improve myself have helped increase my confidence, and increased self-actualization, and made me realise what I want. Dependence on anything is a horrible horrible feeling.
    If it were up to my default instincts I wouldn't do anything. Would just stay in my comfort zone not talking to anyone. Challenging yourself is key, or else who you are is simply a matter of chance. I can't stand that. Dependence on anything likewise; it's like being shackled, having your freedoms constrained. It's like being told: these things are off limits to you. I don't care to live my life shackled, I want my existence to matter, and I won't settle for living any life but the best I was capable of, dependencies be damned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    If it were up to my default instincts I wouldn't do anything. Would just stay in my comfort zone not talking to anyone. Challenging yourself is key, or else who you are is simply a matter of chance. I can't stand that. Dependence on anything likewise; it's like being shackled, having your freedoms constrained. It's like being told: these things are off limits to you. I don't care to live my life shackled, I want my existence to matter, and I won't settle for living any life but the best I was capable of, dependencies be damned.
    No idea who negged you but I agree!It's about a willingness to want to be in control.

I LOVE this section of Psychology Today http://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/motivation
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    No idea who negged you but I agree!It's about a willingness to want to be in control.

I LOVE this section of Psychology Today http://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/motivation
    It was dud97.

Great link!

ReputationRep:
    Huh... I'm doing well on this without even knowing it existed. The advantages of being depressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dud97)
    This thread is extremely GAY
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Quite tempted today but I've made it 20 days now. Gonna really try this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AboveTheLine)
    Quite tempted today but I've made it 20 days now. Gonna really try this time.
    Would a sexy picture change your mind given the challenge you are embarking on is utterly futile and pointless and masturbation will warm you up on this otherwise freezing night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dud97)
    Don't troll or else... I will report you.

I'm serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dud97)
    how about you suck my ****?

ReputationRep:
    so lasted a week now after my 2nd restart havent had any major urges so going well, it helps being at uni most of the time and also going to the gym but i havent been sleeping well this week, i keep waking up in the middle of the night which i never used to do unless im really stressed over something which im not, not sure if its to do with the no fapping :dontknow: anyone else sleeping worse cos they havent been fapping?

and what happened to the OP? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    so lasted a week now after my 2nd restart havent had any major urges so going well, it helps being at uni most of the time and also going to the gym but i havent been sleeping well this week, i keep waking up in the middle of the night which i never used to do unless im really stressed over something which im not, not sure if its to do with the no fapping :dontknow: anyone else sleeping worse cos they havent been fapping?

and what happened to the OP? :laugh:
    It seems a lot of people are having sleeping issues, myself included. The question is, did we unintentionally rely on fapping to get to sleep without knowing it? Like a sleeping pill perhaps? I know I have used it in this form as some people decided it was fun to make a lot of noise at 5 am in the morning. I can tell you the effects have worn off, I can no longer use it to get to sleep, I just feel tired and demotivated. On that note, yes, I have failed and am restarting today, 20/01/2013, to try and sort my life out. Those last few posts from some members have been really inspiring.

OP was banned, not sure why. Should be back soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hessajee)
    It seems a lot of people are having sleeping issues, myself included. The question is, did we unintentionally rely on fapping to get to sleep without knowing it? Like a sleeping pill perhaps? I know I have used it in this form as some people decided it was fun to make a lot of noise at 5 am in the morning. I can tell you the effects have worn off, I can no longer use it to get to sleep, I just feel tired and demotivated. On that note, yes, I have failed and am restarting today, 20/01/2013, to try and sort my life out. Those last few posts from some members have been really inspiring.

OP was banned, not sure why. Should be back soon...
    At first I found it harder to sleep, but now it's a lot better Part of the reason why I decided to try this challenge was because, as you say, it was becoming a habit to have a tug before going to sleep, to the point I couldn't get to sleep/feel relaxed without having a tug first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    i failed ages ago bro
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Day #17. Felt the urges pretty strong this morning. Didn't want to lose my streak. The streak goes on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.