Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden_Boy786)
    Me too:cry2:

I feel so depressed.
    Don't! This is just an opportunity for us to learn from the mistake we just made, and then we can move on from it so we know not to make it again.

What I have learnt: Don't leave essays until the very last minute so that you feel pressured and end up doing things like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    I've been trying to do this essay all day and I couldn't concentrate it was all I could think about, so I just kinda had to do it so I can do this essay.
    Maybe you need to read your own post for some motivation?

I guess it would have been better to come on here and just talk to someone.

Can you concentrate on writing your essay now?

I've not really had many thoughts about fapping, just keep on falling asleep whilst trying to revise for my exam. I was getting the odd niggling feeling now and then and have no idea what is happening down there. Now I'm thinking about this too much and it seems like it has a mind of its own and is pushing me in the direction of fapping.

Time to go and stand in the cold I think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hessajee)
    Maybe you need to read your own post for some motivation?

I guess it would have been better to come on here and just talk to someone.

Can you concentrate on writing your essay now?

I've not really had many thoughts about fapping, just keep on falling asleep whilst trying to revise for my exam. I was getting the odd niggling feeling now and then and have no idea what is happening down there. Now I'm thinking about this too much and it seems like it has a mind of its own and is pushing me in the direction of fapping.

Time to go and stand in the cold I think...
    Well at first I thought I was able to control my thoughts but it just all of a sudden was not a possibility to control them and well yeah!

ReputationRep:
    Standing in the cold definitely works, especially if you just go outside with a vest and trackies!

Right, lets see how much revision I can do before I'm feeling hungry and have to cook dinner.

ReputationRep:
    Standing in the cold definitely works, especially if you just go outside with a vest and trackies!

Right, lets see how much revision I can do before I'm feeling hungry and have to cook dinner.
    Eat first, then revise, you won't be able to concentrate.

ReputationRep:
    Don't! This is just an opportunity for us to learn from the mistake we just made, and then we can move on from it so we know not to make it again.

What I have learnt: Don't leave essays until the very last minute so that you feel pressured and end up doing things like this.
    You've made me feel a little better.

Now we can both start from today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden_Boy786)
    You've made me feel a little better.

Now we can both start from today.
    Yep!

Everyone, I need some advice! Might aswell start trying to figure this out. On Friday, I'll be going in to town to hand in my essays. All 12,000 words of them. To say I will feel victorious afterwards will be an understatement. This is where it gets slightly cringey. Last May, I decided to throw out my only toy that I had. This was when I wanted to start doing this. I thought it was my only way because I could never bring myself to orgasm just by myself. But I guess I must have erm learnt to. HOW do I refrain from going into Ann Summers afterwards :confused:

Also, that night I will be going to this small concert thing, with this guy that I met at the previous concert the band did. We've been texting ever since, so basically I would also like some sort of advice that can pop into my head in big bold red flashing letters, should the opportunity arise.

THANKS.

ReputationRep:
    I need to start again from today
    Disaster! Us girls aren't doing well so far...

ReputationRep:

think about this logically - how is masturbating going to deal with the stress of an essay? it's just a form of escapism when you think about it. By masturbating, you are not making forward progress with your essay. In fact, if anything, you're making backwards progress as you are wasting time by masturbating.

Think of it that way the next time you feel the urge - it is literally pointless. It is escapism. In fact, that's the very definition of masturbation - a pointless act that does nothing to help your progress towards a goal. Masturbating does not help you get closer to having sex (which I guess is the end goal for horniness). Masturbating doesn't help you write your essay, or clean your room/house/flat, or take care of that chore/errand that's been bothering you. Fight fire with fire - if you're stressed about your essay, power through and get it the **** done! Motivation comes from within, you have to provide the spark for the fire - the fuel is already there

ReputationRep:
    Also, that night I will be going to this small concert thing, with this guy that I met at the previous concert the band did. We've been texting ever since, so basically I would also like some sort of advice that can pop into my head in big bold red flashing letters, should the opportunity arise.
    Thing about guys is they're fairly straight forward, don't pick up well on subtext, and like ladies who are direct and have balls (in the metaphorial sense :laugh: ). If you think he's DTF, then just be straight and ask him back to yours (or ask to go back to his or to "get out of here").

ReputationRep:
    Yep!

Everyone, I need some advice! Might aswell start trying to figure this out. On Friday, I'll be going in to town to hand in my essays. All 12,000 words of them. To say I will feel victorious afterwards will be an understatement. This is where it gets slightly cringey. Last May, I decided to throw out my only toy that I had. This was when I wanted to start doing this. I thought it was my only way because I could never bring myself to orgasm just by myself. But I guess I must have erm learnt to. HOW do I refrain from going into Ann Summers afterwards :confused:

THANKS.
    Use the concert and meeting with this guy as motivation to not go into Ann Summers unless you are doing the hard mode. Enjoy and look forward to hearing the stories (about the concert of course )

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I fail,
    Failing shouldn't feel so good :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    30 days **** free for me, honestly have no urges at all now. Also, I feel a lot more confident with girls now, talked to 2 girls today which I wouldn't have even tried a couple of weeks ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    30 days **** free for me, honestly have no urges at all now. Also, I feel a lot more confident with girls now, talked to 2 girls today which I wouldn't have even tried a couple of weeks ago!
    ****ing nice one bruv, only 2 days behind me
    you noticed any difference in the gym ?

ReputationRep:
    Use the concert and meeting with this guy as motivation to not go into Ann Summers unless you are doing the hard mode. Enjoy and look forward to hearing the stories (about the concert of course )
    Hard mode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    ****ing nice one bruv, only 2 days behind me
    you noticed any difference in the gym ?
    Cheers brah Well just more confidence socially talking to other people there and weirdly (not sure how it is related, probably too many variables to be certain it was due to fapstinence) but my lifts have gone up much faster now and it seems like I've gained a fair bit of muscle too in the last month, higher testosterone levels maybe?
    I'm not sure, either way I'm seeing positives everywhere!

ReputationRep:
    Hard mode
    Hard mode as in, no orgasming allowed? why would you do that to yourself? go and **** his brains out

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm really late but I'd like to try this. Starting from tomorrow though lawl. Most times it helps me sleep better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    Hard mode as in, no orgasming allowed? why would you do that to yourself? go and **** his brains out
    Because I've come to the conclusion over the past year that I don't want to have sex again until I'm married.

I want to try and prove to myself that I can have self restraint.

I have done for a year and 4 months now.. But it's getting hard! I almost think I've forgotten what sex is like. Which makes it more appealing.

ReputationRep:
    Because I've come to the conclusion over the past year that I don't want to have sex again until I'm married.

I want to try and prove to myself that I can have self restraint.

I have done for a year and 4 months now.. But it's getting hard! I almost think I've forgotten what sex is like. Which makes it more appealing.
    I guess you need to work out for yourself that if you do not want to have sex until you are married, then why would you want to go into Ann Summers, buy whatever you want and indulge in masturbation instead?

Was the self restraint only from sex during that time period?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.