Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    Woop woop, thanks for the support There's a few girls who come in here saying they think it's silly or pathetic, or they don't see the point. It's nice to get some support now and then

I particularly like the stories on Reddit where girls actually come and say that their boyfriend is doing NoFap and she's noticed a big difference. I'll try and find some.
    You're welcome

haha, they're probably jealous that you have so much self-control and they don't That's nice to hear, well good luck
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I know :/ Sadly I was refreshing his profile at midnight to see if the status changed. Surely it's not permanent or he'd have 1000 warning points wouldn't he?
    I don't know how it works, but Cephalus was telling me after his first ban that if he gets banned it would be permanent. Then he got banned...

Maybe Sovr'gn had been previously banned.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by shybrowngirl)
    I would like to congratulate all the guys doing this :congrats:
    Thanks. :bunny:

(Original post by JLXP)
    So has anyone increased their social interaction as a direct result of #NoFap
    I've become more socially enthusiastic, but had no tangible results. However, I think I'm going to a party later where I only know 1 person so I'll get back to you on how that works out.

(Original post by hessajee)
    Anyone actually searched for 'no fap' on Google?

Our thread is ranked 2nd!
    Nice! We're a real community.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    So has anyone increased their social interaction as a direct result of #NoFap
    Yes, definitely.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Excellent opportunity.
    And #NoFap rules dictate anything with a partner is acceptable? Good luck :holmes:
    Yeah, for me it's all about self-control. If a partner wants to do it then hey, what can I do?

ReputationRep:
    I think i've been past the worst stages now i'm 100% ill succeed in this no fap for a year thing imo the benefits out way the negatives honestly pleasuring yourself in a dark room hoping no one catches you is extremely weird i'd rather channel that energy into actually getting with a girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    I think i've been past the worst stages now i'm 100% ill succeed in this no fap for a year thing imo the benefits out way the negatives honestly pleasuring yourself in a dark room hoping no one catches you is extremely weird i'd rather channel that energy into actually getting with a girl
    awesome bro-it's only when you stop fapping that you truly realise how weird and disgusting it really is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    wish i could say the same but my energy is being channelled into FIFA
    do you have a PS3 ? i channeled my energy into Fifa a long time ago so i'm a beast at the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    awesome bro-it's only when you stop fapping that you truly realise how weird and disgusting it really is
    It's quite hilarious thinking back to it now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I don't know how it works, but Cephalus was telling me after his first ban that if he gets banned it would be permanent. Then he got banned...

Maybe Sovr'gn had been previously banned.
    I recall Cephalus getting banned more than just the once.

Heck, if that's the case, I'm only one offence away from a perma ban myself. I believe you can only be perma banned if it's a recurring issue (e.g. persistent trolling, bypassing or persistent adult content). Some users I see have had at least two week-long bans, not naming any names. I believe you would also need prior warning before being given the perma ban in the same way that you would more than likely be warned before being excluded from school for persistent bad behaviour.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Dagnabbit)
    I recall Cephalus getting banned more than just the once.

Heck, if that's the case, I'm only one offence away from a perma ban myself. I believe you can only be perma banned if it's a recurring issue (e.g. persistent trolling, bypassing or persistent adult content). Some users I see have had at least two week-long bans, not naming any names. I believe you would also need prior warning before being given the perma ban in the same way that you would more than likely be warned before being excluded from school for persistent bad behaviour.
    Ah, that's reassuring.

ReputationRep:
    Day two is almost finished. (Approx two hours) time. I kinda feel like Mark Renton from Trainspotting... towards the part when he goes cold turkey. It is tough, the cravings are going to be manic this weekend because I've got work to write and you know... -.-. Still onwards and upwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    indeed. PSN: JLXP
    i have only recently started doing so, thus i am ****.
    rechannel your ****ing energy into fifa you'll become a beast trust me

ill add u i'm diggy345

ReputationRep:
    Woop woop, thanks for the support There's a few girls who come in here saying they think it's silly or pathetic, or they don't see the point. It's nice to get some support now and then

I particularly like the stories on Reddit where girls actually come and say that their boyfriend is doing NoFap and she's noticed a big difference. I'll try and find some.
    Yes defo I feel like cassanova's darker skinned brother

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying this on-and-off ever since New Year's Day, my longest streak is only 4 days though. I haven't done it since Wednesday, so I think I will try this. Should be a very interesting experience to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    do you have a PS3 ? i channeled my energy into Fifa a long time ago so i'm a beast at the game
    Add me dude,

Golden_Boy122

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden_Boy786)
    Add me dude,

Golden_Boy122
    ill try today i normally play BF3 Far cry 3 and fifa

But i probably wont be playing games till the half term i want to get myself sorted for june exams first

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't go to the gig to go see the guy I like, the snow is far too bad :'(
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by insignificant)
    I had to stay in too. Was invited to a party but the dude who invited me never sent me the details.. I'm guessing it was cancelled or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    Where do you live? There was a bit of snow here but now its rain...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.