Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Day #24 and it's started to become so easy that I forget it's supposed to be a challenge.
    ...thus defeating the point of the whole exercise?

ReputationRep:
    My sword is too great to be controlled.
    It controls me! DX

ReputationRep:
    So i have read that day 8 is the hardest? can anyone confirm this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    So i have read that day 8 is the hardest? can anyone confirm this?
    Can't remember exactly and I'm sure it varies but between day 5 and 10 was the hardest for me. I was literally getting turned on by shampoo adverts and I thought my balls were going to explode. Fortunately it got easier very quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Can't remember exactly and I'm sure it varies but between day 5 and 10 was the hardest for me. I was literally getting turned on by shampoo adverts and I thought my balls were going to explode. Fortunately it got easier very quickly
    yeah im 5 days in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    yeah im 5 days in
    finding it hard atm? it feels good to know you're one of the elite few non-fappers though

ReputationRep:
    finding it hard atm? it feels good to know you're one of the elite few non-fappers though
    Hahaha yeah it feels good, i'll be able to test if it improves my confidence/social interaction in college tomorrow which will be interesting. ALSO i'm going out with work on friday which will be even more interesting :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Hahaha yeah it feels good, i'll be able to test if it improves my confidence/social interaction in college tomorrow which will be interesting. ALSO i'm going out with work on friday which will be even more interesting :woo:
    Let us know how it goes bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Tell us how it goes. I read somewhere that eating 3 avocados a day helps improve co-ordination, so I'll be testing that out tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xmarksthesh0t)
    I started around well 1/1/10 and still going strong :P
    Liar

ReputationRep:
    How? after day 13 i constantly get turned on, my mind constantly drifts towards anything sexual

ReputationRep:
    Hello?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gobster)
    How? after day 13 i constantly get turned on, my mind constantly drifts towards anything sexual
    Just give it a little time, by day 30 at the most you will have absolutely no desire to masturbate. It varies a little person to person
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuerin)
    ...thus defeating the point of the whole exercise?
    On the contrary. It's paradoxical: the idea that it's not challenging enough makes me much more likely to give in, which turns it into a challenge again. It's a meta-challenge.

ReputationRep:
    so... Day 22. Not too shabby so far.
    And also, does this mean we have to abstain from sexual encounters with someone else as well?
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    so... Day 22. Not too shabby so far.
    And also, does this mean we have to abstain from sexual encounters with someone else as well?
    No, unless you want to, in which case you're said to be on "hard" mode. Which is probably how you'll feel 24/7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    No, unless you want to, in which case you're said to be on "hard" mode. Which is probably how you'll feel 24/7.
    Yeah, I'm not that hardcore lol. Thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    Let us know how it goes bro

(Original post by Tuerin)
    Tell us how it goes. I read somewhere that eating 3 avocados a day helps improve co-ordination, so I'll be testing that out tomorrow.
    I'll keep you informed lads! concentrating my energy on coursework / music / fifa.

ReputationRep:
    bull**** i dont beleive that anyone has actually stuck to this for over a week let alone a full month.

ReputationRep:
    ok so i failed just after passing the 2 week mark but i dont feel too bad about it, gona start again tomorrow

Spoiler:
    Show
    but man did it feel good :dice:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.