Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    BOOM! Haha, awesome. I love your enthusiasm. Go for it and let us know how it goes!
    Live or die, live or die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Live or die, live or die.
    Still hasn't been long enough before I can rep you again :/
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Still hasn't been long enough before I can rep you again :/
    Don't worry, I'm sure we'll rep each other plenty over the course of the year.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    i had to +1 you for that, i really do admire your confidence. Please let me know how it goes, it'll motivate me to do the same thing.
    Thanks! Haha don't mistakenly believe I have confidence.

The important thing about confidence is... it doesn't exist. Fapstinence has actually taught me a lot. The very things I had been saying about temptation also apply to fear: if you know how you're going to act anyway, then your fear has been rendered irrelevant. What matters in life are only actions. Fear's only power is in being listened to.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    that genuinely sounds like a batman quote. Hell i'm going to be that ballsy when im out on friday night
    Uh oh, I guess that's my secret identity busted. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm asexual...I guess I win this one, I've been no fap since I was born, haha!
    But seriously, despite not being able to understand what's so interesting about fapping I don't really understand why you would want to suppress your natural desires.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by probably-not)
    Since I'm asexual...I guess I win this one, I've been no fap since I was born, haha!
    But seriously, despite not being able to understand what's so interesting about fapping I don't really understand why you would want to suppress your natural desires.
    I don't see it as about suppressing them, I see it as about being stronger than them.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't really related to fapstinence, ut has anyone noticed how taking care of oneself a little has improved peoples reactions to you? Sounds kinda obvious lol

Normally when I take the train, I have noticed girls would not sit next to me, in fact the only people that would sit next to me were old people (and that was only I had the last seat).

However before starting the new semester and in keeping with the whole 'be confident, no fapping, talk to girls etc' I shaved my beard and changed my clothes from trackies/hoodies to casual smart clothes and now hot girls actually sit next to me. Even managed to talk to a few
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Alright she's not in and I need to go to my free-running class tonight so gonna have to postpone it til tomorrow unforunately. Also need to actually check when the costa shuts - hopefully it's 8 but if it's 7 I'm gonna have to leave it til the weekend, which would be ultra lame 'cause putting it off feels like I'm wussing out.

ReputationRep:
    Day six - Desperation levels are very high at the moment. Still trying to pluck up the courage to talk to more women. Though I did talk to somebody in my History class who has begun waitressing in a five star hotel in Mayfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Alright she's not in and I need to go to my free-running class tonight so gonna have to postpone it til tomorrow unforunately. Also need to actually check when the costa shuts - hopefully it's 8 but if it's 7 I'm gonna have to leave it til the weekend, which would be ultra lame 'cause putting it off feels like I'm wussing out.
    You can check the opening times for Costa online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Yayy, I love how you're already trying to put it into action. On the weekend she may already have plans so you're less likely to have her go with you. During the week she probably doesn't have much on so I think your chances will be a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    This isn't really related to fapstinence, ut has anyone noticed how taking care of oneself a little has improved peoples reactions to you? Sounds kinda obvious lol

Normally when I take the train, I have noticed girls would not sit next to me, in fact the only people that would sit next to me were old people (and that was only I had the last seat).

However before starting the new semester and in keeping with the whole 'be confident, no fapping, talk to girls etc' I shaved my beard and changed my clothes from trackies/hoodies to casual smart clothes and now hot girls actually sit next to me. Even managed to talk to a few
    Girls love a smartly dressed lad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Can you not free-run your way into her bedroom?

ReputationRep:

Were you happy with shaving your beard and changing from trackies to casual smart?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hessajee)
    Were you happy with shaving your beard and changing from trackies to casual smart?
    Yeah I was happy, I used to be about 18st so just thought to myself 'I'm ugly anyway so no point buying nice clothes or grooming myself properly' but now I've lost weight and put on some muscle my mindset has changed (it was a long process though).

But definitely going to keep like this now though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was happy, I used to be about 18st so just thought to myself 'I'm ugly anyway so no point buying nice clothes or grooming myself properly' but now I've lost weight and put on some muscle my mindset has changed (it was a long process though).

But definitely going to keep like this now though
    I really need to put on some muscle, that is on my list of priorities.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hessajee)
    You can check the opening times for Costa online.
    Thanks, I will take a look.

Yayy, I love how you're already trying to put it into action. On the weekend she may already have plans so you're less likely to have her go with you. During the week she probably doesn't have much on so I think your chances will be a lot better.
    Putting things off only leads to failure! Yeah you're right, weekdays are definitely preferable.

(Original post by JLXP)
    Can you not free-run your way into her bedroom?
    Today is my first lesson. I will ask if this is an advanced technique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    I really need to put on some muscle, that is on my list of priorities.
    You should come to the fitness forums and get some help from there. We'll be happy to help you out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)

Today is my first lesson. I will ask if this is an advanced technique.
    It sounds exciting, good luck!

You should come to the fitness forums and get some help from there. We'll be happy to help you out
    I'll have to bob over! I'm 6ft3 and weigh 9st10 so something isnt right there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.