Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In line with the whole self-control thing I'm reducing my internet usage to 1 hour per day. I waste so much time on Gaybook and *****er and TSR so I'm going to use a stopwatch and shut down all the pages as soon as I hit one hour, every day.

I've already raised my guitar practice time up to 3 hours a day on average and I'm hitting the gym 3-4 times a week but I could achieve so much more if I cut my web time down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Welcome back. :congrats:
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    8th day today.
    Very successful day today actually, within an hour of talking to a girl we had eachothers twitter, instagram, facetime and mobile numbers. I like feeling confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    8th day today.
    Very successful day today actually, within an hour of talking to a girl we had eachothers twitter, instagram, facetime and mobile numbers. I like feeling confident.
    Damn well done bro

ReputationRep:
    3rd day today, hopefully I can actually last this week instead of caving on the fifth day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Damn well done bro
    thanks man, kinda nervous about sending the first text so i might leave it a bit, don't want to look too eager!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    thanks man, kinda nervous about sending the first text so i might leave it a bit, don't want to look too eager!
    Haha lol, I get what you mean. I need to pull my socks up and get some numbers as well, there is this one particular girl I see regularly at the train station who I'd love to talk to, but every time I think of it I get the ***** butterflies

ReputationRep:
    Haha lol, I get what you mean. I need to pull my socks up and get some numbers as well, there is this one particular girl I see regularly at the train station who I'd love to talk to, but every time I think of it I get the ***** butterflies
    Ahh it's gotta be much harder in public, the girl i was speaking too was at college so it's pretty easy! Any chance you get the same train as her? That'd make it a little easier if you ended up sitting next to each other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Ahh it's gotta be much harder in public, the girl i was speaking too was at college so it's pretty easy! Any chance you get the same train as her? That'd make it a little easier if you ended up sitting next to each other
    I do get the same train as her, she actually sat with me yesterday, my heart was beating so fast, but alas I was too scared to say anything. I think next time if I get an opportunity, I'm just going to get in there and introduce myself, although would that be kinda creepy?

ReputationRep:
    I do get the same train as her, she actually sat with me yesterday, my heart was beating so fast, but alas I was too scared to say anything. I think next time if I get an opportunity, I'm just going to get in there and introduce myself, although would that be kinda creepy?
    I'd probably avoid just saying 'HI I'M....' out of the blue, it might creep her out a little, i'd try and stimulate a little conversation first, ask her if she'd like to read your paper, How she is, make a comment about how busy the train is? something along those lines.
    I once got into a conversation for 3 hours with an attractive girl on a plane by making a comment about how loud the people sat infront were
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Walk up to her and say, "hi, we get the same train, but you're cute so I wanted to talk to you." Say it relaxed, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. She will take your lead. I promise you that if you say something like that it will go well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I might try Miser's idea, I think maybe the small talk might come off a little sleazy, just going to be up front I guess...

Now I just need the opportunity again + some balls to go with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight Artorias)
    In line with the whole self-control thing I'm reducing my internet usage to 1 hour per day. I waste so much time on Gaybook and *****er and TSR so I'm going to use a stopwatch and shut down all the pages as soon as I hit one hour, every day.

I've already raised my guitar practice time up to 3 hours a day on average and I'm hitting the gym 3-4 times a week but I could achieve so much more if I cut my web time down.
    That's what I've kind of down I replaced my past time with my piano and I stopped using fb a looooong time ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    That's what I've kind of down I replaced my past time with my piano and I stopped using fb a looooong time ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ps3 not past

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Walk up to her and say, "hi, we get the same train, but you're cute so I wanted to talk to you." Say it relaxed, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. She will take your lead. I promise you that if you say something like that it will go well.
    A Bold move indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Count me in!

I have been doing this since December 19th 2012. Still going strong!

Although many people say masturbation doesn't affect acne it did for me, this is one of the main reasons for taking up this challenge as well as the other benefits mentioned in the op!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I might try Miser's idea, I think maybe the small talk might come off a little sleazy, just going to be up front I guess...

Now I just need the opportunity again + some balls to go with it
    haha impressed, go for it then! I'm not confident enough to do that, hence the small talk! good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Really? That's quite interesting, hadn't thought about that.
    I have been experimenting for the last 2-3 years with this on myself, and every time i masturbated i would get breakouts 3-5 days later.

That on top of many other things such as feeling like **** after masturbating i decided to go on this journey.

It's been well over 40 days and i've never felt better.

ReputationRep:
    30 days in and am on verge of going crazy...

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I am on the edge and its only been four days, never knew I was this hooked. On the plus side, taking up this challenge has so far forced me to do more work, so it's all good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.