Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding this challenge fecking difficult! It was going OK until I was with my boyfriend for the weekend, got my jollies from him. But since then my sex drive has been off the scale :eek:. Maybe it's like chocolate, the more orgasms you have, the more you want? Then there's my hormones, which are on an upswing now.

Last night I very nearly caved in. I undressed for bed, looked at my ladybits for about 2 minutes and kept thinking to myself would it really be a bad thing if I touched myself.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Yeah I think I might try Miser's idea, I think maybe the small talk might come off a little sleazy, just going to be up front I guess...

Now I just need the opportunity again + some balls to go with it
    Girls know why you're talking to them anyway. Only decision is whether you have the stones to be honest about it. Plus, small talk doesn't set the right kind of relationship between you two. Don't want to end up as 'just friends', right?

As for going up and telling a girl she's cute:
    1. Shows you're confident
    2. Hints that talking to girls isn't unusual to you
    3. Pushes you out of your comfort zone = personal growth

And of course everyone appreciates a genuine compliment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    This challenge has become an exercise in giving myself reasons to love myself.
    not sure I follow you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    not sure I follow you
    yeah I thought the aim was to stop loving yourself...

unless he means mentally rather than physically
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    not sure I follow you
    I love the idea of being the kind of person that can win first time. Completing an arbitrary, absurdly difficult challenge without struggling is good for the ego - it gives me reasons to love being me. If I can do this, what can't I do? What feat of discipline can't I achieve if I put my mind to it? Beating this challenge is like a big piece of evidence that says, "hey, you're amazing."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Girls know why you're talking to them anyway. Only decision is whether you have the stones to be honest about it. Plus, small talk doesn't set the right kind of relationship between you two. Don't want to end up as 'just friends', right?

As for going up and telling a girl she's cute:
    1. Shows you're confident
    2. Hints that talking to girls isn't unusual to you
    3. Pushes you out of your comfort zone = personal growth

And of course everyone appreciates a genuine compliment.
    Haha thanks for the advice. Still slightly nervous as she seems a little shy, so don't know how she's going to react. but what the hell, I'm determined to do this anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    i just texted her, ahhhhhhhhh :tumble:
    wow good luck, I feel nervous for you man...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Haha thanks for the advice. Still slightly nervous as she seems a little shy, so don't know how she's going to react. but what the hell, I'm determined to do this anyway
    Good attitude! Let us know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Count me in, I need to make this official otherwise there's no incentive. I've tried doing this before but I've never done it as part of an online group thing. Bring it on, dirty mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    it's all going well, talking about italy/austria/holidays etc, feeling good!
    awesome bro, feel so happy for you bro!

ReputationRep:
    Most certainly Day Seven is the hardest day. I've been so close quite a few times today. It does not help that I have to finish up this English coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Wait for day 8, brother. :headfire::headfire:
    Not sure if encouragement or discouragement... Probably the former :cool:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieMM)
    I'm finding this challenge fecking difficult! It was going OK until I was with my boyfriend for the weekend, got my jollies from him. But since then my sex drive has been off the scale :eek:. Maybe it's like chocolate, the more orgasms you have, the more you want? Then there's my hormones, which are on an upswing now.

Last night I very nearly caved in. I undressed for bed, looked at my ladybits for about 2 minutes and kept thinking to myself would it really be a bad thing if I touched myself.
    Be strong! There are loads of guys sticking to the no-fap pledge and it must be a lot harder for them than it is for us. So you can do it, honestly you can.

If sitting about naked acts as a trigger for you, don't do it. Your bits can wait until you can next get back together with your boyfriend. And think how much more you'll enjoy it if you hold things in until then :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    I want you to wait for day 8, because its harder than day 7, but also because its 1 day further in the self control challenge. In addition, i'm told after 7/8 the urges drop quickly. So stay strong!
    Haha, of course. Well I'm at College from 9:00-15:15 on Day 8 so that'll make it easier.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Sooner or later you just know we're gonna have to have a NoFap social. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    JLXP your name is JP? Holy crap! I was going to be called JP (Jamie Padraig) until I was just Jamie Luke. Not as much of a ring to it.

ReputationRep:
    Day 8: So close to failing yesterday. Today needs to go smoothly.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Woo, 4 weeks! Take that, subconscious. :battle:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Day 8 and I've only had one major urge. A bit concerned about my libido.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.