Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usainlightning)
    Day 8 and I've only had one major urge. A bit concerned about my libido.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's your concern?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PierceBrosnan)
    Most certainly Day Seven is the hardest day.
    No chance, day 11 is worse.

ReputationRep:
    How comes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    No chance, day 11 is worse.
    How comes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I failed yesterday, and I think I might as well do it once more today so I can start afresh on the 1st. I really don't know how to cope once it gets to about the 4th and 5th days, does anyone have any tips?

ReputationRep:
    First post here, but I'm on like day 60, or something.

Anyway, I was mindlessly browsing YouTube yesterday, and I came across a video of some hnnnnnnnnnnng chick wearing knee high socks. As a result, my penis was having a seizure and I was having heart palpitations, but I survived the encounter ejaculation-free, without my **** limp in hand.

I will not give in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, just read first post, I'm in. (But starting like a month later than you guys)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So guys , after a week of fapstinence and me building up motivation I finally spoke to my crush who Ive seen around for like 5 months now but haven't had the courage to approach her , until now .

Yesterday I saw her with her freind and thought to myself , man the **** up ... So I introduced myself and told her id been meaning to speak to her , did some minor flirting , she said we should speak again bla bla

So today I was sitting around a table with a group of my mates at the back of the canteen and I see her and her freind come in . They sit down at a table quite far away from us but I see my crushes freind turn and smile at me , my freinds were all telling me to go talk to her but I was mindead , I have no clue what to talk about when it comes to these things , if I were to talk to her it would probally be about the class we share , what type of things shes into , what high school was like for her , what does she plan on doing after uni etc but im sure these things would bore her and I want to avoid being freindzoned at all costs . Any advice you guys can give me ? :/ We are both 17 and in college btw

ReputationRep:
    You guys looking forward to Fap Free February?! You can do it.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
    So guys , after a week of fapstinence and me building up motivation I finally spoke to my crush who Ive seen around for like 5 months now but haven't had the courage to approach her , until now .

Yesterday I saw her with her freind and thought to myself , man the **** up ... So I introduced myself and told her id been meaning to speak to her , did some minor flirting , she said we should speak again bla bla

So today I was sitting around a table with a group of my mates at the back of the canteen and I see her and her freind come in . They sit down at a table quite far away from us but I see my crushes freind turn and smile at me , my freinds were all telling me to go talk to her but I was mindead , I have no clue what to talk about when it comes to these things , if I were to talk to her it would probally be about the class we share , what type of things shes into , what high school was like for her , what does she plan on doing after uni etc but im sure these things would bore her and I want to avoid being freindzoned at all costs . Any advice you guys can give me ? :/ We are both 17 and in college btw
    Talking about those things are fine. You want to talk about what makes her special (hobbies, interests, things she's done, etc.). In order to avoid friend-zone, you need to make your intentions clear with her - that means asking her out, touching her, flirting, teasing, etc. People get friend-zoned when they leave it too long without escalating the relationship. Essentially, if you don't make a move you lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Talking about those things are fine. You want to talk about what makes her special (hobbies, interests, things she's done, etc.). In order to avoid friend-zone, you need to make your intentions clear with her - that means asking her out, touching her, flirting, teasing, etc. People get friend-zoned when they leave it too long without escalating the relationship. Essentially, if you don't make a move you lose.
    Hmmm I get what you mean , im only anxious because I dont want to come off to strong I mean I barely know the girl , shouldnt I atleast try to get to know her abit before asking her out ? How long do you think is too long ? Now I think about it if I get rejected and have to see her face everyday it is going to be awkward 0.0 and if we end up going out and I see her multiple times everyday its going to be very wierd.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to lie, I failed on this a while ago My only excuse is that I was housebound for nearly a week because of the snow (countryside life, eh?), and I fell to temptation

However, to look on the bright side:

1) I haven't fapped since
    2) This second period of 'fapstinence' has now lasted longer than the first
    3) It has been significantly easier than the first, and I've only been tempted once in just over a week

So yeah, things aren't so bad after all
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I get what you mean , im only anxious because I dont want to come off to strong I mean I barely know the girl , shouldnt I atleast try to get to know her abit before asking her out ? How long do you think is too long ? Now I think about it if I get rejected and have to see her face everyday it is going to be awkward 0.0 and if we end up going out and I see her multiple times everyday its going to be very wierd.
    Yeah, get to know her by asking her about herself. When you're suitably impressed, then you can ask her out (but not before). And there will always be a risk of rejection. Carpe diem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Yeah, get to know her by asking her about herself. When you're suitably impressed, then you can ask her out (but not before). And there will always be a risk of rejection. Carpe diem.
    yeah but the thought of seeing her face for another 4/5 weekdays of this year makes the risk a lot worse. Still though , carpe diem indeed I will see where this goes.

ReputationRep:
    Today something just clicked and i thought **** this, I'm not going to be THAT shy guy anymore. I'm just going to go to any girl I find hot and ask her out. (take in mind this was at 6pm at the bus station so the hot girls were kind of scarce).

Me and a friend were talking and this hot girl was coming towards me, so I just went to her and said: "Hi, i couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are so I thought I'd come over and chat you up"
    She looked a little shocked and just smiled and said "sorry I already have a bf". And tbh the feeling of rejection was not bad at all, it actually felt good and instilled some confidence in me.

Went to the gym and on my way back I saw another cute girl with earphones in, so I waved at her and motioned her if she could take them out. And then I said "your face, I like it" and she laughed. Then I said "I couldn't help but admire how beautiful you are, so I thought I'd try my chances with you and chat you up, and if your reject me then at least the compliment will have made your evening a little better". (There weren't prepared chat up lines btw). So we walked together and talked for ages till she had to catch her bus and she told me to add her on fb. And we're still talking atm.

I'm so happy I had the balls to do that, now I feel ready enough to ask anyone out

ReputationRep:
    you know that sensual feeling you get when you're fapping or getting a blowjob or some such? like that feeling that makes you catch your breath and just feel...that way?

yeah I felt that working out in the gym today lmao
    love to troll other members too by making orgasm faces during my sets for lols

in all seriousness though, I feel this new energy present, and I'm at the end of day 40, feel good man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areebmazhar)

Me and a friend were talking and this hot girl was coming towards me, so I just went to her and said: "Hi, i couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are so I thought I'd come over and chat you up"
    opening with a compliment is poor game bro, you're totally putting the pussy on a pedestal and demonstrating no value yourself. All you've done is reinforced her own ego and value, and diplayed none of your own. She'll think she's better than you, subconsciously - the aim is to instill the opposite of that, that YOU are more valuable than her, a high value male that she should find attractive and want to get to know better.

Went to the gym and on my way back I saw another cute girl with earphones in, so I waved at her and motioned her if she could take them out. And then I said "your face, I like it" and she laughed. Then I said "I couldn't help but admire how beautiful you are, so I thought I'd try my chances with you and chat you up, and if your reject me then at least the compliment will have made your evening a little better". (There weren't prepared chat up lines btw). So we walked together and talked for ages till she had to catch her bus and she told me to add her on fb. And we're still talking atm.

I'm so happy I had the balls to do that, now I feel ready enough to ask anyone out
    that's more like it - although you opened with a compliment, it was done in a cheeky way and the delivery was important, I'm sure. But always put the value on you. "your face, I like" then maybe "I couldn't help notice how good looking you are. I'm also kind of a big deal - I just got back from NASA; maybe we'd make a good pair". Back-handed compliments or negs are also fantastic here - "you're pretty good looking...for a girl." I'm quite keen on something similar in the gym you may wish to try - "I couldn't help but notice, you're pretty strong...FOR A GIRL!" Just be childish about it. Just go completely over-the-top and just be so ridiculous and hyperbolic about it that you can't possibly be serious - what she hears, subconsciously, is "I'm high value", but on a conscious level, she thinks you're just joking. It can come off as extremely cocky if not delivered cheekily enough, but that's what it's all about - putting across that aura of cheekiness and light-heartedness, just having a good time and enjoying yourself.

If you ever take yourself too seriously, you're dead in the water.

Mirin confidence

ReputationRep:
    Today something just clicked and i thought **** this, I'm not going to be THAT shy guy anymore. I'm just going to go to any girl I find hot and ask her out. (take in mind this was at 6pm at the bus station so the hot girls were kind of scarce).

She looked a little shocked and just smiled and said "sorry I already have a bf". And tbh the feeling of rejection was not bad at all, it actually felt good and instilled some confidence in me.

Dude your a legend , you watch easy pick up by any chance ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    WOW BRO! i'm so happy for you man, looks like the confident approach has worked really well for you, perhaps i'll have to give it a go?
    Remember that girl i was telling you about, that i was texting? I've just been invited to a party on saturday and she is going to be there!x
    Oh nice, trust me brah the confidence thing really does work. And humour was very very effective I think. I hope the party goes well for you

ReputationRep:
    Dude your a legend , you watch easy pick up by any chance ?
    You mean simple pick up on youtube?

Yeah thats where I got the whole idea to just be confident, funny and get to the point

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.