Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    was it steve carell?
    i'm actually not joking he dropped the virgin word and the convo just turned awkward and I had to divert the topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    Failed...goddamnit, I feel so stupid, on day 41 too - so much hard work down the drain, just gone in the blink of an eye. Please do not let this expire any of you.
    Aww no way man. You were doing really well :/ Are you gonna go back into a pattern of fapping similar to before you started the challenge? Or do you plan to try fapstinence again?

(Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Wow, are people still doing this! That's some pretty amazing willpower.
    Has anyone experienced any of the alleged benefits yet (increased energy, motivation etc)? I'm curious.
    I'm still going. Made it 53 days. I do feel more energetic, and I think this translates into a better effort at the gym too. I feel stronger and I seem to recover better. Maybe it's placebo, but if it's helping I don't care. I find it easier to hold eye contact with people. Generally I feel more chilled though. I think it's because I'm learning to relax without having to fap. A lot of people fap to relieve stress, and I'm starting to deal with it without fapping, so I feel at ease more. I do have a lot more motivation to get laid which is a good thing. I'm off out tomorrow night so hopefully I can be really sociable, meet new people and enjoy myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    Aww no way man. You were doing really well :/ Are you gonna go back into a pattern of fapping similar to before you started the challenge? Or do you plan to try fapstinence again?
    No chance I'll go back to fapping, I have no motivation to fap. I genuinely just don't want fapping as part of my life, I see it as an addiction similar to smoking...which I'm really wanting to take up again :\ lol

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Day 10 - Feeling quite good today. No cravings as of yet. However, when I actually start working I bet they'll be urges.

ReputationRep:
    Failed for the third day in a row yesterday. I really don't know why I can't go more than a few days.

ReputationRep:
    oh damn it, already screwed up no fap feb :sigh:

ever since i gave up after 2 weeks ive been going through a cycle and keep messing up need to get out of it

ReputationRep:
    on day 25 today, started to speak to a girl in my college a while ago over facebook, and before nofap i would probably not have the courage to meet up with her, but after 25 days of fapstinence, i actually dont feel anxious about it at all!

keep going guys!

ReputationRep:
    bit nsfw

so 53 days in, i woke up in the middle of the night. i first thought i had wet the bed, but turns out i had actually creamed my pants unconciously! can't remember anything i dreamt about, but presumably it was sexual or maybe this is a natural way of release/side effect of no fap. can't remember this ever happening before. lol just thought i'd update

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    Hi everyone, thought I would update and tell you all I failed again last night. What worried me most, is the intensity of the guilt I felt afterwards. Surely this is wrong to feel like that? 2/3 years ago I never felt guilty, so I am starting to wonder if this no masturbation thing is a bad idea as I don't want to encourage this really really intense feeling... I would appreciate people's thoughts and opinions on this.
    Don't feel bad, if you fail you fail. Just pick yourself up from it. Try again if you want, don't if you don't want to. You're not a failure if you masturbate.

Tbf I've failed a couple of times. I chain masturbate a couple times until I'm sick of it and start again. E.g. I reckon one more bash and I'll be sick of it. The women don't seem as attractive anymore after doing it 4 times in the past 2 days.

ReputationRep:
    40 days so far, no urges at all to fap, the journey to no fap 2013 is all easy ground now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    Hi everyone, thought I would update and tell you all I failed again last night. What worried me most, is the intensity of the guilt I felt afterwards. Surely this is wrong to feel like that? 2/3 years ago I never felt guilty, so I am starting to wonder if this no masturbation thing is a bad idea as I don't want to encourage this really really intense feeling... I would appreciate people's thoughts and opinions on this.
    I'm sorry you failed, I think it happens to a lot of people, especially girls. But thnk how good you felt about abstaining while you we're doing it, and how you can recover that wnderful feeling by stopping again. The guilt is natural, it's punishing you for the few seconds of pleasure you now wish you hadn't had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    You're not a failure if you masturbate.
    I disagree. Stopping masturbating is not like climbing Everest or walking to the North Pole. Anybody can do it. It's much harder for guys, and they manage it. We should be able to do it relatively easily.

So yes, masturbating equals failure. But masturbating once does not make you a permanent masturbator or failure, just someone who's doing the right thing but made one small slip-up. Put that failure behind you and focus on being stronger from now on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by havana-affair)
    bit nsfw

so 53 days in, i woke up in the middle of the night. i first thought i had wet the bed, but turns out i had actually creamed my pants unconciously! can't remember anything i dreamt about, but presumably it was sexual or maybe this is a natural way of release/side effect of no fap. can't remember this ever happening before. lol just thought i'd update
    Congratulations! IMO that's a really good sign where guys are concerned, it means you've controlled yourself for long enough that nature is taking over and flushing the spunk out of you when necessary. You can be proud of yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaBurton)
    Congratulations! IMO that's a really good sign where guys are concerned, it means you've controlled yourself for long enough that nature is taking over and flushing the spunk out of you when necessary. You can be proud of yourself
    How long have you been abstaining/fapstaining for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    No chance I'll go back to fapping, I have no motivation to fap. I genuinely just don't want fapping as part of my life, I see it as an addiction similar to smoking...which I'm really wanting to take up again :\ lol
    Legend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden_Boy786)
    How long have you been abstaining/fapstaining for?
    I've never masturbated. I first learnt about it when I was maybe 9, and thought it was gross and something I'd never do. Admittedly I'm not exactly abstaining entirely, I live with my boyfriend and get plenty of regular nookie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    instead of leading her on like a ****, don't lead her on?
    That is easier said than done as I've recently found out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valdo)
    Call this bull**** if you want, but I think my knob has gotten bigger, especially when flaccid.
    Not bull****. Flaccid size varies a lot with too much/lack of sexual activity but my erect size increased beyond placebo with my fapstinence ages ago.

Watch out ladies.

ReputationRep:
    Day 10: Urges are pretty much contained at the moment. Just getting dinner sorted out for the broski and I. Will need some advice on an issue later today though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.