Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Day 2: Still feeling awesome after yesterday, albeit I'm a bit tired. However, I'm rushing to get this essay finished before class at 11:00 so goodbye! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely nothing to do with religion. There's nothing evil about masturbation, but I find myself much more energetic and motivated without it. When I frequently masturbate I have no desire to do anything, I feel completely satisfied doing sod all. I have a lot more confidence in myself since I stopped fapping, and I'm a lot more sociable and talkative because of it. I feel like I've achieved something a lot of guys couldn't do, so that really gives me a sense of accomplishment. I'm on day 56 now by the way, the days just keep passing by, it feels like it was just yesterday when I posted saying I'd made it one whole month, and I'm almost at two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Hey Rory. I'm on day #32 and can tell you I don't feel frustrated, actually the opposite. I was originally only doing it for an exercise in will-power, but the benefits have been pretty noticeable to me. I would speculate that it's down to the feeling of success and sense of achievement in doing the impossible, but I'm just feeling so positive. :yy:
    What are those benefits? I'm pretty sure nothing has changed and you just think otherwise because you were led to believe so. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Hey Rory. I'm on day #32 and can tell you I don't feel frustrated, actually the opposite. I was originally only doing it for an exercise in will-power, but the benefits have been pretty noticeable to me. I would speculate that it's down to the feeling of success and sense of achievement in doing the impossible, but I'm just feeling so positive. :yy:
    oh wow, ah I doubt I would have the will power to do it tbh, it's good it's helping you feel positive though!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ipoop)
    What are those benefits?
    Since starting I've felt overwhelming amounts of enthusiasm, confidence and positivity.

(Original post by ipoop)
    I'm pretty sure nothing has changed and you just think otherwise because you were led to believe so. :beard:
    Nope, since starting NoFap I've behaved measurably differently, i.e., I've started doing things that I wouldn't have done prior to starting NoFap. If your claim is that it's all-in-the-mind, then you are quite right, because it is - and my mindset influences my actions.

And yes, I was led to believe so because I did not believe it at the outset. But not led to by others, only from my experiences. None of these attest to the benefits of NoFap itself, only the benefits that I have received from NoFap. My own hypothesis is that NoFap has become part of a positive-feedback loop, as positivity begets positivity. What I personally gain from NoFap is that it makes me feel motivated and successful. Succeeding at something difficult is like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    What are those benefits? I'm pretty sure nothing has changed and you just think otherwise because you were led to believe so. :beard:
    Fair. But equally, you can't be "pretty sure" of your own view. The closest you can rationally get to not believing is being neutral since there is no empirical evidence either way
    Plus with the number of people who report benefits, it's pretty close to being valid evidence.

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys getting on, need any support?

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Right I'm back, once and for all, to give this another go. I WILL DO THIS.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha i've failed so many times that i cant even count and post here xD lol :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Charcharx)
    How are you guys getting on, need any support?

:sexface:
    Depends. :sexface:

(Original post by insignificant)
    Right I'm back, once and for all, to give this another go. I WILL DO THIS.
    Welcome back. :congrats: You can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Depends. :sexface:
    I'd BREAK you!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'd BREAK you!
    But.. would I enjoy it? :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    But.. would I enjoy it? :perv:
    Hmmmm... well thats for me to know and you to find out :sexface:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hmmmm... well thats for me to know and you to kind out :sexface:
    I like the sound of this "kinding out".

ReputationRep:
    I thought i'd do an update: I lost count the amount of days but I know it's around the 2 week mark. But anyway, I feel more motivated and much more aware of my surroundings i.e. seeing people upset/happy etc. I'm a little more sociable but not a lot, I was contemplating whether talking to a girl who came into the library just about anything really haha, in the end I didn't BUT usually I wouldn't even be even considering talking to her so it's a small step.
    Overall, it's more a case of waking up relatively upbeat, being aware of surroundings, with a small increase in being sociable for now. Talking to girls may end up occurring within a day like that poster (sorry can't remember the name) did, in which case i'm all for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I like the sound of this "kinding out".
    Typing fail, I edited it :|
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by JLXP)
    14 days in! not much compared to some of you guys, but im pleased with myself!
    Congratulations!! :congrats:

(Original post by IDukem)
    I thought i'd do an update: I lost count the amount of days but I know it's around the 2 week mark. But anyway, I feel more motivated and much more aware of my surroundings i.e. seeing people upset/happy etc. I'm a little more sociable but not a lot, I was contemplating whether talking to a girl who came into the library just about anything really haha, in the end I didn't BUT usually I wouldn't even be even considering talking to her so it's a small step.
    Overall, it's more a case of waking up relatively upbeat, being aware of surroundings, with a small increase in being sociable for now. Talking to girls may end up occurring within a day like that poster (sorry can't remember the name) did, in which case i'm all for it.
    It's great that you're seeing progress already. Keep it up!

Typing fail, I edited it :|
    I forgive you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I forgive you!
    Awww how ever so kind of you, how shall I ever repay you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    It's great that you're seeing progress already. Keep it up!
    In all honesty, I haven't a major urge at all!! I felt a minor one when I was bored one day but I persevered. You though my friend have tremendous will power haha, how many days now (sorry if you already said)? Also, what's the biggest plus that came out this so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Since starting I've felt overwhelming amounts of enthusiasm, confidence and positivity.

Nope, since starting NoFap I've behaved measurably differently, i.e., I've started doing things that I wouldn't have done prior to starting NoFap. If your claim is that it's all-in-the-mind, then you are quite right, because it is - and my mindset influences my actions.

And yes, I was led to believe so because I did not believe it at the outset. But not led to by others, only from my experiences. None of these attest to the benefits of NoFap itself, only the benefits that I have received from NoFap. My own hypothesis is that NoFap has become part of a positive-feedback loop, as positivity begets positivity. What I personally gain from NoFap is that it makes me feel motivated and successful. Succeeding at something difficult is like that.
    So if I understand this perfectly, you are claiming that not fapping has given you confidence, and you are doing things you wouldn't do? This really sounds like a placebo effect to me. But I'm not going to argue, as long as you're happy with it who am I to say a thing. :dontknow:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    Fair. But equally, you can't be "pretty sure" of your own view. The closest you can rationally get to not believing is being neutral since there is no empirical evidence either way
    Plus with the number of people who report benefits, it's pretty close to being valid evidence.
    Indeed, and I'm leaning towards a placebo effect occurring here. :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.