Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    Right I'm back, once and for all, to give this another go. I WILL DO THIS.
    Good luck . I remember you said you wanted to stay pure now until you marry. Just think of the most amazing guy ever, and instead of fapping to that image, instead think how happy he will be when he finds out you've been abstaining for him.

ReputationRep:
    how yall gents doing? kinda fell off the bandwagon there for a few days after my first failure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    how yall gents doing? kinda fell off the bandwagon there for a few days after my first failure...
    How many faps after you failed did it take before you committed to try again? Or are you not committing to it again yet?

(Original post by JLXP)
    Day 15. Really eager to text this girl but advice from friends suggests not to for 2 days.
    Just do it. If you wait around, she's gonna know you're waiting not to look eager, and that just comes off worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
    Hahahaha . first off . I said he lacks the motivation i.e the willpower and restraint to abstain from fapping , that was my point . Not that hes "not motivated" , also I don't live in a whole , I live in a house attend college 5 times a week , gym 3 times a week and have a social life so take your snide comments and stick them up your backside ....
    First off, you're the one who defined motivation and willpower as separate concepts.

And I quote, "you lack the motivation to do it yourself" - no mention of willpower.

You seem to be a sore loser so I'm willing to let this go if you are.

(Original post by JLXP)
    Day 15. Really eager to text this girl but advice from friends suggests not to for 2 days.
    Unless they usually get a lot of girls, don't take their advice. You don't have to wait 2 days to show you're not needy which is the whole point of 1-3 day rules.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Hey. Don't bother with that 'rule', it's just broscience. Its only purpose is to give the impression that you've got other things going on and aren't needy like tooosh said.

(Original post by JLXP)
    But everytime we text it's me texting first, then last, then the next day me first and last again! I really don't want to come across as annoying
    This you don't really want to do. Over-texting will give the wrong kinds of impressions, like that you're trying too hard - that you're chasing her instead of her chasing you. Better is to try to keep the texting more balanced, or phone her.

ReputationRep:
    Day 3: Little bit tired. However, feeling happy :P.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    But everytime we text it's me texting first, then last, then the next day me first and last again! I really don't want to come across as annoying
    Yeah fair enough to wait a few days then. Quality of interaction over quantity.

Try and meet more girls in general, some of them are bound to like you from the get-go and make it easier for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Well, when this first started the OP (:rip:) was claiming how this "challenge" would lead to some benefits if you focus all of that energy elsewhere. That is true, but only if you are used to abstain for such a long period of time, it's why boxers and most athletes do it. It's a gradual thing that the body and the mind need to get used to.

Now, let's take what members in this thread are saying, most of them are saying they are using their free time doing constructive things, and are feeling more satisfied. That's not because they aren't fapping - ejaculating - it's because they are doing things they enjoy. I jog every other day, I play football, I read watch movies and skate a lot. I fap once or twice a week. That's when I don't find some poor guy or girl to fornicate with . I have a fairly high spirit, and I do not lack motivation although I am really lazy

My joie de vivre is not because I rarely tug, it's because I'm stimulating various areas of my brain with the activities I partake in. I guess in a way there is a benefit to this challenge, but it's not because they aren't tuging, it's because they are doing other things, tugging has nothing to do with all of this.

The OP is dead?
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Pig)
    The OP is dead?
    Banned. We don't know for how long, but it's been over a week, maybe two. Could be permanent.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Yeah, totally! I just texted her to say i had her buss pass so we met up, i gave it her chatted for 10 mins then had to get back to class. HOWEVER, we both have 3 hours to kill tomorrow and she said she'd quite like to go for a drive with me in her new car, sooooooooooo that could be exciting.
    Awesome, good job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Yeah, totally! I just texted her to say i had her buss pass so we met up, i gave it her chatted for 10 mins then had to get back to class. HOWEVER, we both have 3 hours to kill tomorrow and she said she'd quite like to go for a drive with me in her new car, sooooooooooo that could be exciting.
    Awesome work brah
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    So I was at work today and I got a random message from an American girl over the company's internal IM service. She meant to send the message to another US guy who has my same name. Anyway, not being one to miss a completely risk-free opportunity to chat a girl up, and being spurred on by a few words from RichyFrench, instead of leaving things at their natural end after telling her she had the wrong guy, we ended up having fun talking for over an hour. :yy:

Now I've made sitting at my workstation potentially much more entertaining for the next few days. And I put it primarily down to attitude changes associated with NoFap, as it was my natural instinct simply to leave it be, and today would've just been one more day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    So I was at work today and I got a random message from an American girl over the company's internal IM service. She meant to send the message to another US guy who has my same name. Anyway, not being one to miss a completely risk-free opportunity to chat a girl up, and being spurred on by a few words from RichyFrench, instead of leaving things at their natural end after telling her she had the wrong guy, we ended up having fun talking for over an hour. :yy:

Now I've made sitting at my workstation potentially much more entertaining for the next few days. And I put it primarily down to attitude changes associated with NoFap.
    That's amazing, things like that can totally be fate! And hey, she ''accidentally'' messaged you? Who knows Great job keeping the conversation going, can be incredibly hard for things like that to keep going.

(Original post by miser)
    Awesome, good job.
    (Original post by areebmazhar)
    Awesome work brah
    Thanks, i'm actually really nervous, but if we decide to go on a walk or something i'll suggest something like 'we should do this again some time', or something like that? Would really love to progress this. Any suggestions?
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Thanks, i'm actually really nervous, but if we decide to go on a walk or something i'll suggest something like 'we should do this again some time', or something like that? Would really love to progress this. Any suggestions?
    Tease her, have fun with her, playfully push her, etc. If she's giggling the whole time, you won't even have to say it. And if you are on a walk, and things are going well, making out's not out of the range of possibilities either.

ReputationRep:
    i haven't been here for a while but I'm going strong! How are all?
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    i haven't been here for a while but I'm going strong! How are all?
    Good thanks. Day #35.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Good thanks. Day #35.
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Was gonna start today, but then i saw Michelle Keegan's pics

Tommorow i shall begin =p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Soul_Patch)
    Was gonna start today, but then i saw Michelle Keegan's pics

Tommorow i shall begin =p
    Naked or clothed? I don't understand how people can get off to a pic of somebody just in a pose still partially clothed with nothing exactly interesting to see - I mean I'm not straight so I can't exactly appreciate it but seriously, page 3 - it's a pic of some tit and that's it. You can get that that practically anywhere.

Absolutely nothing for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Naked or clothed? I don't understand how people can get off to a pic of somebody just in a pose still partially clothed with nothing exactly interesting to see - I mean I'm not straight so I can't exactly appreciate it but seriously, page 3 - it's a pic of some tit and that's it. You can get that that practically anywhere.

Absolutely nothing for me.
    I don't want to search for the person mentioned, but sometimes you see a girl in clothes that make her look hot and that might be enough to get off to. Although it is most probably easier to get off to a naked person.

So I restarted on 31st Jan and so far its been going well. I think the lack of sleep plus the dozens of jobs and studying to do this week are keeping me busy. I need to abstain to fix my sleep again as I've moved house on Sunday (so no more disturbances from roommates waking up at 5 am hopefully) and make a rational decision on a graduate offer that I was given on Monday. Got till Friday to make a decision and this evening just flew by. I have no idea what I should have done by tomorrow. Keep on forgetting with the lack of sleep.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.