Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****, whenever you guys have sex I am sure the built up pressure of your semen will split the condom open!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    i got her number about 2 months ago, but it's ALWAYS me texting her first, then the texts are pretty smooth and balanced until one of us ends it, but then it's always me starting up the next text.

Would you want the girl to initiate the first text once in a while to show she's interested, or does that not happen at all?
    Oh right I see, you're texting her regularly. Yeah she should sometimes text first.. I'd say she's probably not interested, just being friendly. Maybe she is slightly interested but doesn't know you're interested if you haven't made a move. I honestly don't know, because I've been in this situation before and I don't understand it.

Oh, and yeah I do get fed up. I just give up and cut contact altogether.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    It's SO SO SO SO SO frustrating i can't even began to explain,
    like there have been little signs that she likes me and that's what made me continue to text, and i've suggested we should go to restaurants and bars etc and she has always said yes, but i'm making 100% of the effort and i always seem to end up caving everytime i text her.

So i haven't texted since Monday morning when i sent the last text [obviously] so hopefully i can just leave it and see what happens, hate this feeling though
    If she's showing signs that she likes you, then actually arrange a solid date. Don't just suggest stuff. I've read girls say that a guy will suggest stuff but nothing actually happens because they just seem happy to have got a 'yes' to do it eventually.

Once you get a yes, you have to schedule something in and make it happen. Suggest going for a drink on [specific day] at [specific time] at [specific place] and if you get a yes then you've got a sign of solid interest and finally you can move things along.

ReputationRep:
    I was on day 37 but then I had sex. Can I start over?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I tried this but failed the same day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    I was on day 37 but then I had sex. Can I start over?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sex doesn't mean you've failed. It's masturbation that the challenge aims to avoid. You're fine to continue.

ReputationRep:
    Surely if you stop masturbating, you will get more regular wet dreams however old you are because your body isn't used to having as much fluid?
    Wouldn't that be the same then as masturbating and reset it because even though you didn't do it, it still releases stuff in the brain?

I found in the past when I had a wet dream, I was aware in the dream I was feeling pleasure

So surely masturbating on the night (if you could figure when) would be the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    If she's showing signs that she likes you, then actually arrange a solid date. Don't just suggest stuff. I've read girls say that a guy will suggest stuff but nothing actually happens because they just seem happy to have got a 'yes' to do it eventually.

Once you get a yes, you have to schedule something in and make it happen. Suggest going for a drink on [specific day] at [specific time] at [specific place] and if you get a yes then you've got a sign of solid interest and finally you can move things along.
    Yeah i totally see that, i'm often suggesting things but i don't really have the confidence to execute the plan. She has her own car so i feel a bit mean suggesting somewhere where she has to drive. But if i ask her to come to x on wednesday at 4pm, that's not too forceful is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Yeah i totally see that, i'm often suggesting things but i don't really have the confidence to execute the plan. She has her own car so i feel a bit mean suggesting somewhere where she has to drive. But if i ask her to come to x on wednesday at 4pm, that's not too forceful is it?
    If she's agreed to do something with you, she wants to be told what to do. She doesn't want to have to make decisions. If it wasn't too long ago that she agreed to go to a bar, just pick a bar and when she should come, then let her check her schedule. If you asked about going for drinks a while ago, remind her about it. "You still up for drinks? I'm free on thursday, meet me at Wetherspoons at 9pm?"

It's not forceful unless you're dragging her there. She's always got the chance to say no, but she's previously said yes, so that means you should follow through with making things happen.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kage)
    Surely if you stop masturbating, you will get more regular wet dreams however old you are because your body isn't used to having as much fluid?
    Wouldn't that be the same then as masturbating and reset it because even though you didn't do it, it still releases stuff in the brain?

I found in the past when I had a wet dream, I was aware in the dream I was feeling pleasure

So surely masturbating on the night (if you could figure when) would be the same?
    Yes, I never had any until I started this challenge, and during that time I've gotten two (days 30 and 75 respectively). I'm not sure why it is - I'm doubtful it's due to 'build up' but rather to an increased sensitivity to sexual thoughts.

I also did feel it both times (though only the first one do I remember what I was dreaming about).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    oooh this is exciting, i was with her today and everything seemed pretty smooth, and i'll see her tomorrow for the last time before i break up for easter. So my plan is to see her tomorrow, remind her about the 'date' and suggest a date and time, in the hope he is down for it.

I'll let you know how it goes
    Sweet man, I look forward to hearing about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    I never realised how slow time goes whilst waiting for a response on a risky text, good lord
    Haha, that is the worst time in the world.... one time I was waiting for 3 hours, turned out she was out of credit (supposedly)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    thank GOD she has responded, and now we're on the topic of going to the beach in summer, happy days!
    Sounds like you're well in, keep it up!
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    i've also suggested heading to a nice italian in central Manchester during the easter break and she said yes, we'll plan it during our free period tomorrow.

This is all thanks to #NoFap - so thank you!
    Nice one!! Congrats on your success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Nice one!! Congrats on your success.
    Thanks Miser!

ReputationRep:
    so i just spent about 45 minutes dancing in celebration.

Lifes gooooood

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, people are still doing this.

(Original post by Riku)
    Anybody really struggle or struggled with procrasturbation? :/
    Secondly procrasturbation is such an awesome word.

Thirdly, I found this report about the positive and negative repercussions of living without masturbation, and why masturbation is a human choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    Firstly, people are still doing this.

Secondly procrasturbation is such an awesome word.

Thirdly, I found this report about the positive and negative repercussions of living without masturbation, and why masturbation is a human choice.
    The sad thing is I was too tired to realise you'd trolled me for a while. Well played :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    PRSOM :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuerin)
    You cannot be serious. How can you seriously believe that not masturbating has resulted in a drastic improvement in your social life.

I call placebo effect
    you're right

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.