Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The person that succeeds in this challenge will personally receive an amazon voucher worth 50 quid from me

ReputationRep:
    Count me in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    Okay then, deal.
    Deal :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    The person that succeeds in this challenge will personally receive an amazon voucher worth 50 quid from me
    I'm on my final month of fapstinence :thumbsup: Not really, I had a tactical last weekend :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I'm on my final month of fapstinence :thumbsup: Not really, I had a tactical last weekend :mmm:
    Well, at least you managed to get this far! Unfortunately, not far enough to get this prize unless you can provide me with a reasonable explanation? Is there anyone here who can vouch for your commitment to this challenge?

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least you managed to come this far! Unfortunately, not far enough to get this prize unless you can provide me with a reasonable explanation? Is there anyone here who can vouch for your commitment to this challenge?
    I think everyone here knows my stance on this "challenge"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I think everyone here knows my stance on this "challenge"
    Lol, which is? I sense, from your posts, that you're not very keen on giving up the flapping ! And didn't even take part! True or false?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, which is?
    I think this is a ridiculous "challenge" and the fact that sex is allowed but masturbation is not shows the hypocrisy and possible religious scaremongering behind this What this "challenge" is doing is making masturbation seem like a bad thing... I'm not going to have this debate again, I've had it more than once here already and I cba anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I think this is a ridiculous "challenge" and the fact that sex is allowed but masturbation is not shows the hypocrisy and possible religious scaremongering behind this What this "challenge" is doing is making masturbation seem like a bad thing... I'm not going to have this debate again, I've had it more than once here already and I cba anymore
    Ha! I knew it! Fair enough, you're entitled to your views and what you think of this 'challenge' . Personally, I think it's great! I see no harm in It tbh on the contrary

ReputationRep:
    I feel better waking up these days. Day 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    possible religious scaremongering behind this
    I would just like to take this opportunity to mention that this is merely unfounded assumption since no-one has claimed to do this on a religious basis :rolleyes:

And no man, masturbation!=sex... in any way beyond the fact you *** at the end and there's some skin rubbing your **** to get there. If you don't want to get into it again, I won't but I'll just leave it at masturbation is hardly like sex.

Also 1 week. Even after all this time I still feel foggy and disoriented after fapping. I didn't write this but it holds true for me: http://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/commen..._to_see_if_my/

ReputationRep:
    howdy fellas, any of you guys actually still in this?

I failed like in february FML

ReputationRep:
    im still in although failed so many times i never give up this game until i can stop completely keep the tips coming inbox me and quote me so i know uve read thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    What is the difference, physiologically?
    Oxytocin, dopamine, prolactin, reward conditioning, death grip for some people and that's only what we're currently aware of.

ReputationRep:
    Guys what are the side effects of fapping???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Recently went on holiday, lasted 5 days without fapping out of my 10 day holiday, the longest time ive not fapped since i started.

ReputationRep:
    About to finish up No Fap April :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I caved yesterday. I lasted like 2 weeks though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    Oxytocin, dopamine, prolactin, reward conditioning,
    These are all the psyiological end products of ejaculation and orgasm, not whether its a hand or a pussy, your hand or a woman's or a man's, that gets is to that point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    These are all the psyiological end products of ejaculation and orgasm, not whether its a hand or a pussy, your hand or a woman's or a man's, that gets is to that point.
    Orgasm through masturbation releases oxytocin but not as much as sex (we don't know how much yet). Sex releases over twice as much prolactin as masturbation which in turn blunts dopamine from orgasm. The higher amount of dopamine means masturbation has a much greater impact on reward conditioning. So no, it's not all the same.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.