Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

*No Fap 2013!* Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's the 7th day for me right now and I'm pretty sure that my strength, eyesight, logical thinking all improved significantly. I feel a couple of years younger.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play if you want to do it, but god, why??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottScott)
    Yeah I was wondering that too, are there any actual benefits to doing this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyt8765)
    Yeah I was wondering that too, are there any actual benefits to doing this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Massive testicles?

ReputationRep:
    Massive testicles?
    Haha, depends if you see that as a good thing or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You act like masturbation is one of the greatest things in the world. I suggest you go out and experience more.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in. Been trying. Lasted a week this Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhirlwindTobias)
    You act like masturbation is one of the greatest things in the world. I suggest you go out and experience more.
    You managed to ascertain that, from the 8 or so words I posted?

You must be the best mind reader that ever lived.

Why take the moral high-ground on a simple question I asked?

ReputationRep:
    You managed to ascertain that, from the 8 or so words I posted?
    Funnily enough, I knew you'd respond somewhere along those lines.

I actually didn't say anything about morals. I simply took your disbelief towards anyone abstaining as a sign that you feel it's some wondrous activity that has zero implications and therefore should be encouraged.

And while we're on the subject, Pro/anti-masturbation purely in the context of Nofap has little to do with morality, this is not a religious movement or a crusade against what others choose to do of their own accord.

It's mostly about re-wiring yourself to intercourse, repairing dopamine receptors to a natural state or simply because one has a personal agenda against self-gratification. I'm not going to judge you for masturbating, to each their own; but I'll judge you for questioning why others choose not to as if there's something wrong with them.

ReputationRep:
    Your power level rises beyond 9,000 and you can go super saiyan.

No but seriously though, masturbation drains your energy. Or at least that's what I've experienced. Whenever I go for 7 days or more without touching myself I feel mentally and physically stronger and have elevated energy levels.

Other positive side effects that I've noticed:

-reduced social anxiety
    -ability to chew rocks for breakfast and spit magma
    -sharper and faster brain
    -ability to actually talk to women

and last but not least - heightened testosterone levels. This is not something I just thought up, a study was conducted on this matter that concluded that abstinence indeed raises the amount of testosterone in your blood.

Link here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

ReputationRep:

I actually didn't say anything about morals. I simply took your disbelief towards anyone abstaining as a sign that you feel it's some wondrous activity that has zero implications and therefore should be encouraged.

And while we're on the subject, Pro/anti-masturbation purely in the context of Nofap has little to do with morality, this is not a religious movement or a crusade against what others choose to do of their own accord.

It's mostly about re-wiring yourself to intercourse, repairing dopamine receptors to a natural state or simply because one has a personal agenda against self-gratification. I'm not going to judge you for masturbating, to each their own; but I'll judge you for questioning why others choose not to as if there's something wrong with them.
    Stop being annoyingly pretentious, he asked a fair question based on the fact that giving up what amounts to be a pleasure for many, many people for no OBVIOUS reason is nonsensical and he merely enquiried as to why you were doing it. That does not imply that he feels like its the greatest thing ever but (for me at least) it does feel realllllllly good and at times phenomenal and so it's natural to wonder whether reasons for abstaining suffice.

As to the acural reasons that you gave, I'd like to congratulate you on mastering the art of espousing platitudes. What on earth is re wiring yourself to intercourse? What does it actually mean? Where is the evidence that states that total abstinence will 'repair dopamine receptors'? Why has this epiphany on the evils of self gratification only struck you now, presumably a fair few years after you had your first tug? Is it a natural development in your mindset that coincided with happening across this thread or truthfully is it more to do with Trying to fit in with something so Anti, so unconventional? I mean to be one of the few people out there who doesn't masturbate at all is to be in with a pretty small and special group...........

ReputationRep:

Theonefrombrum hit the nail on the head.

I was genuinely enquiring as to why you were doing it.
    Now you've made yourself look the pretentious idiot but instantly going on the offensive and dismissing me off-hand.

Congrats.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair Tobias, it was a completely fair question to ask and he didn't exactly pack it with implications.

You need evidence for upregulation of dopamine receptors? A simple glance over any beginners physiology textbook ever would tell you about hormones and how their receptors react to changes in their levels. Next you'll ask for evidence that rainwater comes from clouds

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow... props to those who manage. I couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you just have wet dreams all the time if you do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Don't you just have wet dreams all the time if you do this?
    Not that often tbh, but they are more common than when I was fapping.

Maybe 1 or 2 every fortnight.

ReputationRep:
    just over two weeks strong now. hope everyone is doing well.

ReputationRep:
    Abstinence, really? Why not go all the way and become ascetics (deprive yourself of all pleasures)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Abstinence, really? Why not go all the way and become ascetics (deprive yourself of all pleasures)?
    The answer's in the question. You would then be depriving yourself of all pleasures...

And not abstinence. Fapstinence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    The answer's in the question. You would then be depriving yourself of all pleasures...

And not abstinence. Fapstinence.
    Why fapstinence and not abstinence of all pleasures? There are worse pleasures than masturbation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.