Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Add me up OP. Fap free from 01/01/13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qxz)
    What are the rules for wet dreams? Surely I can't be blamed for dreaming about having a threesome with Rachel and Monica?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Wet dreams aren't harmful. They're just an alternative method your body uses to release "old" semen to make space for a fresh batch in your balls. When you have a wet dream this is when you know that no-fap is working for you.

ReputationRep:
    So how's everyone doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJKA)
    So how's everyone doing.
    How are you doing? Any particular reasons to start no-fap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0906079)
    How are you doing? Any particular reasons to start no-fap?
    To become more productive is my aim.

I'm awake pretty early today and I'm going for a run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJKA)
    To become more productive is my aim.

I'm awake pretty early today and I'm going for a run.
    At this time? Would be too dangerous in my area. Anything particular you want to become more productive in? Studies, exercise, etc?

I haven't slept yet and I'm in the middle of procrastinating even though I have an exam in 2 days. Really need to get off TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Count Me in from Today!!! BUt im.pretty sure i'll give up soon unless i get some motivation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At this time? Would be too dangerous in my area. Anything particular you want to become more productive in? Studies, exercise, etc?

I haven't slept yet and I'm in the middle of procrastinating even though I have an exam in 2 days. Really need to get off TSR.
    Although I'm in a rough town I run along the main road so it was okay.

Everything. Studies diet exercise sleeping patterns.

ReputationRep:
    I work with kids, having a permaboner might be slightly inappropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJKA)
    Although I'm in a rough town I run along the main road so it was okay.

Everything. Studies diet exercise sleeping patterns.
    I think everyone on this thread has the same issues; can't concentrate on studying, overeating/wrong foods, get too lazy to exercise (or don't continue it once you start), messed up sleeping patterns, low confidence and a lack of energy.

I wonder if most teenagers feel this way- and if they grow out it and if so, by what age- but we blame masturbation on the internet and they blame something else. What if "self improvement" is just an illusion and everyone, even people who we think are perfect, have these sort of issues but they're better at concealing them? Thinking about it, most of us are pretty good at concealing our insecurities too.

I often see people who have everything that I want in life but they seem miserable, while I also know of people who- going by the general consensus- are "lacking" certain things that we think make us desirable, yet they seem perfectly content with their life. Not to say that they wouldn't want these things, but they seem happy with what they have. Perhaps some people are so far gone that they've given up on trying to attain certain things and have just accepted life as it is, compared to people who have gotten a "taste" of "success"- or what they believe is success- in their life and want more and unless they keep achieving it, which becomes impossible at a certain point, they will always be miserable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beepbeeprichie)
    Muslims started pillaging/raping their way through Europe. Thank God for the reconquista!
    Maybe that's what you want to believe, but it isn't the truth.

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone on this thread has the same issues; can't concentrate on studying, overeating/wrong foods, get too lazy to exercise (or don't continue it once you start), messed up sleeping patterns, low confidence and a lack of energy.

I wonder if most teenagers feel this way- and if they grow out it and if so, by what age- but we blame masturbation on the internet and they blame something else. What if "self improvement" is just an illusion and everyone, even people who we think are perfect, have these kind of issues but they're better at concealing them? Thinking about it, most of us are pretty good at concealing them too.
    Problem is people want things and they aren't prepared to work for it and make the sacrifices required to achieve things. Then when things don't work out look for a scapegoat. An excuse. A person may get distracted and procrastinate when he should have been revising and hence does pretty bad in his exams. He will then try to blame everyone but himself for his failure. He'll complain about the teachers the workload he had but will never turn the finger on himself.

Nobody is perfect. Celebrities shouldn't be perceived as being perfect. Everybody is self conscious about what people think of them whether they be a celebrity or not.

Everyone has problems it's not a matter of concealing and avoiding the problems and then complaining when the problems cause difficulties down the line it's a matter of heading the problems straight on.

ReputationRep:
    I often see people who have everything that I want in life but they seem miserable, while I also know of people who- going by the general consensus- are "lacking" certain things that we think make us desirable, yet they seem perfectly content with their life. Not to say that they wouldn't want these things, but they seem happy with what they have. Perhaps some people are so far gone that they've given up on trying to attain certain things and have just accepted life as it is, compared to people who have gotten a "taste" of "success"- or what they believe is success- in their life and want more, and unless they keep achieving it, which becomes impossible at a certain point, they will always be miserable.

LOL I don't know wtf I'm talking about I've been up for about 30 hours now. I'll read this tomorrow and see if it made any sense.
    Having got from a point in life where I had pretty much no money to a point where I have enough money that I've run out of things I "want". I can say money doesn't make you happy. What does though is freedom.
    When I had no money I remember always wanting to buy flashy designer clothing so that people perceived me to be rich. I felt the need to prove to people that I was rich even though I wasn't. I was just kidding myself though. I was always miserable because I never had the latest phone or wasn't with the latest trends. However now I have the money to buy all the designerwear I once wanted but somehow don't want it. It may be because I don't feel the need to prove to anyone anything anymore. And this has made me much happier.

People are sad because they chase materialistic things. When someone finds something more than a never ending chase for the latest clothing gadgets and phone. They will be much more happy as they will be content. That's just my take on it though.

ReputationRep:
    About to fail. Gimme a minute or two

ReputationRep:
    il do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJKA)
    Problem is people want things and they aren't prepared to work for it and make the sacrifices required to achieve things. Then when things don't work out look for a scapegoat. An excuse. A person may get distracted and procrastinate when he should have been revising and hence does pretty bad in his exams. He will then try to blame everyone but himself for his failure. He'll complain about the teachers the workload he had but will never turn the finger on himself.

Nobody is perfect. Celebrities shouldn't be perceived as being perfect. Everybody is self conscious about what people think of them whether they be a celebrity or not.

Everyone has problems it's not a matter of concealing and avoiding the problems and then complaining when the problems cause difficulties down the line it's a matter of heading the problems straight on.
    But don't you think that after a certain stage these problems become irrelevant, and start consuming your life?

For example, and I realise this is clichéd, let's assume that a there is a man in Nigeria who is incredibly poor. He lives day to day and his biggest problem is trying to get money for food so he can survive. Let's say that after 5/6 more years like this, he plays the national lottery and wins about £20,000.

He moves to the UK with that money and gets a job. For a while he is pretty happy but slowly doubts start to appear in his mind regarding various issues. He thinks he is too fat, can never get a girlfriend and thinks this way for 2/3 years. Getting sick of being lonely, he starts going to a gym and after another 2 years he is now happy with how his body looks but he still doesn't attract girls so he thinks the problem must be with his face and gets a nose job, which turns out very well. He is now confident enough to ask a girl out and eventually finds someone who likes him.

Content for a while, again he starts doubting himself. He thinks that he is not tall enough. He thinks that he isn't intelligent enough. He marries the girl and starts thinking he isn't a good husband or a father. He's conscious of the fact that his neighbours are richer than him. As he gets older, he starts getting insecure about his wrinkly skin, and starts to gain the weight back. As he gets even older, he thinks that his children abandoned him as they get busy with their own lives.

On his deathbed, our friend realises that he has lived a life full of misery. What if he had just been grateful after he had gotten food to eat. What if he was happy being in a first world country and having his future secured. What if he realised that girls aren't superficial and asked a girl out regardless of how he looked. What if he realised there's nothing he can do about his height and accepted it. What if he didn't doubt his intelligence. What if he realised that everyone gets older. What if he understood that his children did not abandon him, they are out there forming their own lives.

Now, what if he had tried to change every single one of these things. Would that not be just as bad?

How do you become happy? Do you accept your life as it is, or try to make it better and still suffer in the end?

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I'm not arguing with you. I just wanted someone to talk to this early lol.

ReputationRep:
    Is fapping for 3-4 seconds prior to a facial allowed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Probably because you masturbated too much before you quitted :awesome:
    :ahee: maybe...

ReputationRep:
    But don't you think that after a certain stage these problems become irrelevant, and start consuming your life?

For example, and I realise this is clichéd, let's assume that a there is a man in Nigeria who is incredibly poor. He lives day to day and his biggest problem is trying to get money for food so he can survive. Let's say that after 5/6 more years like this, he plays the national lottery and wins about £20,000.

He moves to the UK with that money and gets a job. For a while he is pretty happy but slowly doubts start to appear in his mind regarding various issues. He thinks he is too fat, can never get a girlfriend and thinks this way for 2/3 years. Getting sick of being lonely, he starts going to a gym and after another 2 years he is now happy with how his body looks but he still doesn't attract girls so he thinks the problem must be with his face and gets a nose job, which turns out very well. He is now confident enough to ask a girl out and eventually finds someone who likes him.

Content for a while, again he starts doubting himself. He thinks that he is not tall enough. He thinks that he isn't intelligent enough. He marries the girl and starts thinking he isn't a good husband or a father. He's conscious of the fact that his neighbours are richer than him. As he gets older, he starts getting insecure about his wrinkly skin, and starts to gain the weight back. As he gets even older, he thinks that his children abandoned him as they get busy with their own lives.

On his deathbed, our friend realises that he has lived a life full of misery. What if he had just been grateful after he had gotten food to eat. What if he was happy being in a first world country and having his future secured. What if he realised that girls aren't superficial and asked a girl out regardless of how he looked. What if he realised there's nothing he can do about his height and accepted it. What if he didn't doubt his intelligence. What if he realised that everyone gets older. What if he understood that his children did not abandon him, they are out there forming their own lives.

Now, what if he had tried to change every single one of these things. Would that not be just as bad?

How do you become happy? Do you accept your life as it is, or try to make it better and still suffer in the end?
    I have started to discover a pattern in life that's absolutely true, that is: what goes around comes around.

It may not make sense on the surface but dive deeper into it and you'll understand. Everyone's life is equal on the whole, it has its ups and downs but if you were to draw a median it would all line up. For example, the lowest is 1 and the highest is 10, although life may venture up to 10 or down to 1, the average will be 5 at the end of the day.

Back to "what goes around comes around.". The people who you are jealous of-the people who have it all and even if you investigate their life cannot find a single misfortune- are in grave danger (especially if they are a bad person). Something is coming at them, something unavoidable that will bring them down. Likewise, those who have nothing, the people who you would never want to be, have a prosperous future.

School is a good example of this, think about your school year, the 'very popular' and 'extremely unpopular' ones in particular. Where are they now? I can almost guarantee that at least one of the 'popular' bunch have an embarrassing life, in comparison to what they used to have. One of the 'rejects' is living it up. You could also use some celebs/footballers as examples-once had nothing, now they're living their dream (Tulisa, Drogba etc.)

It's tied in with karma. Like masturbating, after doing it you feel guilty usually and lose confidence/hair and all the rest. That's a moral punishment. It works with exams, if you don't have fun and spend a lot of time revising, you will do well. If you go out and have fun and shun revision then you won't get good grades.

The lesson from this is that misfortune now, means fortune in the future (provided that you are gracious).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.