Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dam it!! Failed, Mondays are ****ing impossible! 3 hours of sleep, stressful boring day at school and too many girls in skin tight clothing..

Restart 07/01/13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    x
    I was wondering, you said 'On the 7th day of no fapping, your testosterone can spike by up to 145%'
    Do we have to go through this cycle every week or is it only the first week of no fapping and then testosterone levels stabilise after?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Still abstaining :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blob2491)
    I was wondering, you said 'On the 7th day of no fapping, your testosterone can spike by up to 145%'
    Do we have to go through this cycle every week or is it only the first week of no fapping and then testosterone levels stabilise after?
    It wasn't me who actually wrote that, but I'll answer anyway from experience.

Whilst it is true that after only the first week of no fapping, test and libido increase greatly, this doesn't mean that such levels will then decrease thereafter. Indeed, they may continue increase. From experience, they actually did greatly increase with regular periods where I was actually quite manic with so much energy, motivation and whatnot.

But over the course of time, test is bound to be stable, although increased - depending on how you play it (if you just don't do much, it might actually decrease - say, if you're depressed or something). But if you're exercising and constantly oogling girls in real-life, it's bound to rocket up regularly, leaving you in a grand state of manliness!

(Original post by KD35)
    Dam it!! Failed, Mondays are ****ing impossible! 3 hours of sleep, stressful boring day at school and too many girls in skin tight clothing..

Restart 07/01/13.
    That's too bad. As per the rules, this is your final chance, as I've had no input from other participants about how many restart attempts one should be allowed.

(Original post by Mazzini)
    Still abstaining :awesome:
    Glad to have you still with us! :congrats: How's it going?

ReputationRep:
    Seen this late, but yeah: 07/01/13 I am in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InquisitiveOwl)
    Seen this late, but yeah: 07/01/13 I am in!
    Glad to have you on board! :congrats:

Good luck!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Glad to have you still with us! :congrats: How's it going?
    I really want to have a tug but I'm not going to. :nah:

You?

ReputationRep:
    Does sex count in this no fap thing? I'm seeing my girlfriend in about a week after not seeing her for a month, so obviously we're going get down and dirty.

ReputationRep:

You?
    We will be forever strong!

ReputationRep:
    Its only been a day :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I busted a huge nut a few days ago, **** felt good, I gave no ****s but I should stop fapping tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toomanyoptions)
    Its only been a day :eek:
    how did that go? The longest I've gone is like 4 weeks and I didn't struggle apart from on 2 occasions. I think I can go at least 90 days. I'm just not looking forward to day 7/8 which was one of the hard days...

ReputationRep:

You?
    Hang in there - just stay with the group!

Not doing too bad - really it's just down there that's currently excited; so not really a cerebral feeling of horniness (if you catch my drift), more just down there.

I am breezing through work though as personal morale is especially high because of this.

Also, I do find it interesting that many look on it as "oh, it's a year" and then get scared - looking at it like that will make it much easier to fail as your brain almost gets *depressed* (not exactly, but something close to it) that it's not going to get rewarded with its habitual pleasurable activity. I had this type of feeling a couple of nights ago where I was at the store and there were lots of my favourite sugary and chocolatey snacks (I'm staying away from the for the year) and I was about to relent and put them in the basket until I said no and walked away and there was an almost depressed-like feeling thereafter, but I was quick to dispel (only lasted a couple of minutes). So, keeping steadfast does work and ultimately that *depressed* feeling should only be temporary as you should get other activities that act as a reward.

(Original post by EonBlueApocalypse)
    Does sex count in this no fap thing? I'm seeing my girlfriend in about a week after not seeing her for a month, so obviously we're going get down and dirty.
    No, it doesn't. However, for people with partners who aren't in a LDR, it'll surely be p1ss-easy unless you're both abstaining or something. So, essentially, you'll be going for a week without any release, whilst we single guys will be going for a year without (unless of course we get a partner) - do you see what I'm saying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    how did that go? The longest I've gone is like 4 weeks and I didn't struggle apart from on 2 occasions. I think I can go at least 90 days. I'm just not looking forward to day 7/8 which was one of the hard days...
    You're able to go longer, trust me. If I can manager four months of high libido (and many people have gone longer), anybody can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Pun intended?

ReputationRep:
    Im doing ok, had a busy day at uni so that kept my mind off it, I think tonight is going to be hard though im feeling the urge but im going to stay strong.

ReputationRep:
    Surely it gets easier?

ReputationRep:
    You're able to go longer, trust me. If I can manager four months of high libido (and many people have gone longer), anybody can!
    Well I am setting split up goals but I imagine I can go longer without much struggle. It really takes a big hit on your system when you stop for the first day I notice - like 36 hours no faps feels like a carcrash but not a hormonal one but a system shock. Ah well, I've gone almost 4 days w/o a single issue so whatevs :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Pun intended?
    Was now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toomanyoptions)
    Surely it gets easier?
    Yeah I think at least hope so, the first week will be the hardest I think then it will just become the norm

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.