Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charcharx)
    You think, this is TSR we are talking about remember
    And even if they do they will just be cheating themselves from the benefits this task can potentially bring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_p)
    Lol never seen a higher male:female ratio on a thread!

Fortunately, it's too late for me to attempt it.

Good luck guys, enjoy the next two weeks before you give in to temptation.
    The reason why I directed it more to males than females is that I believe that abstaining would procure more benefits for males than females - I'm not entirely sure if females have as many or the same kind of benefits as men do with abstinence and a redirection of energy.

It was by no means a sexual endeavour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJKA)
    And even if they do they will just be cheating themselves from the benefits this task can potentially bring.
    Agreed. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    "mass circumcision ceremony"?

:lolwut:

What are you talking about?

What's circumcision got to do with this? :holmes:
    It's a reference to cult mentality in which a group of people do something which doesn't make any sense following the suggestions of the cult leader, in this case OP. 'Don't drink the cool-aid' is a saying referencing the Jonestown massacre in which the cult leader had his followers drink cyanide laced cool-aid. I was also equating abstinence to the practice of some lunatics that cut off, well things they shouldn't be cutting off for religious reasons... it's been known to happen. It was a joke, and well I probably shouldn't have explained it but I have a need to assist those who cannot comprehend jokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJKA)
    Benifits really?

ReputationRep:
    Benifits really?
    A few are stated in the OP. A quick google search should bring many more.

ReputationRep:
    Why no girls? I'll take part otherwise

ReputationRep:
    I'm too scared to click it. Are you still with us mate?
    yeah of course!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, you got me, my personal best was 42 days and that was agonising, but hell did it feel so damn good when I finally gave in :sogood:

so sign me up, i'll see how long I last this time...

ReputationRep:
    The reason why I directed it more to males than females is that I believe that abstaining would procure more benefits for males than females - I'm not entirely sure if females have as many or the same kind of benefits as men do with abstinence and a redirection of energy.

It was by no means a sexual endeavour.
    I'd imagine in terms of health benefits that may be the case, but I can think of many benefits to females.
    I don't really understand how the redirection of energy works, but I guess if it does, it's not a bad thing to be aiming for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Last_Melon)
    I'm not sure that's true, I heard somewhere that it's reabsorbed into your bloodstream.
    I can tell you, as a medical student AND from personal experience, that it most certainly is true

it's ok though cos wet dreams are awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alix23)
    Why no girls? I'll take part otherwise
    I'd be interested in knowing if girls actually perceive any benefits from abstaining, much like males do? Any contributions?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be interested in knowing if girls actually perceive any benefits from abstaining, much like males do? Any contributions?
    I actually have no idea as well... Maybe something to do with diseases or something but I don't have the slightest clue.

ReputationRep:
    I'm too scared to click it. Are you still with us mate?
    Its safe, trust me my fellow nofapper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarasta)
    yeah of course!
    So, what's in the link? :holmes:

(Original post by Sai4)
    Ok, you got me, my personal best was 42 days and that was agonising, but hell did it feel so damn good when I finally gave in :sogood:

so sign me up, i'll see how long I last this time...
    Glad to have you on board! :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell would you do this to yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolRunner)
    Its safe, trust me my fellow nofapper
    Thankyou. Out of trust, I shall click it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, not too sure I could do. I might try for like a week or two. Then go from there. However I can't imagine I will last even a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    I can tell you, as a medical student AND from personal experience, that it most certainly is true

it's ok though cos wet dreams are awesome
    Well I've never had one and I recently went 3 months without. Have there been studies into this? If so can you link?

ReputationRep:
    Who said anything about pictures?
    How so then? :sexface:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.