Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone learned AS Maths in 4 months or less? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys thinking of doing this and what to get an idea of the work load

ReputationRep:
    in all honesty I learned it over 2 weekends

just me though, you'll learn at different rates

stop stressing out about it polarity! you have plenty time to do it!

ReputationRep:
    I personally couldn't do it if I didnt have someone to explain stuff to me, but i know people that have taugh themselves rather quickly. If you can self teach, i dont see why you wouldn'y be able to do it.
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaritymolecule)
    Hey guys thinking of doing this and what to get an idea of the work load
    4 months is a long time to learn AS maths. People who take further maths learn the equivalent of AS maths 4 times! in 4 month periods. If you're doing C1, C2, and D1 or S1 then it will be fine. Some people strugle with M1 though.
    As long as you do each module per month, you'll have a month of revision at the end that's how I plan my learning out (I'm doing further maths).

Good luck!

edit: maths isn't like biology or physics, you can work through the text book and do no further reading and still ace the exam. Self teaching maths is quite common

ReputationRep:
    4 months is plenty of time to learn AS maths (it can be done in far less time than that).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello calum)
    4 months is a long time to learn AS maths. People who take further maths learn the equivalent of AS maths 4 times! in 4 month periods. If you're doing C1, C2, and D1 or S1 then it will be fine. Some people strugle with M1 though.
    As long as you do each module per month, you'll have a month of revision at the end that's how I plan my learning out (I'm doing further maths).

Good luck!

edit: maths isn't like biology or physics, you can work through the text book and do no further reading and still ace the exam. Self teaching maths is quite common
    okay cool Umm would C2 take the longest? I would like to do mechanics as I think some of it would be covered in Physics class?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the input everyone. Anyone do M1 and Physics? Is there a big overlap? Could you not revise M1 maths and just learn the mechanics from physics and get a B grade in M1? haha, just wondering!

ReputationRep:
    Are you trolling us kid?

You've been asking this quite a lot and the replies are always the same: it depends on your work ethic.

M1 has overlap with Physics but is much more interesting than what you'd cover in Physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Excellency)
    Are you trolling us kid?

You've been asking this quite a lot and the replies are always the same: it depends on your work ethic.

M1 has overlap with Physics but is much more interesting than what you'd cover in Physics.
    No I am not trolling! Lol but i can see why you think I am! I just need to get a good idea of whether its doable or not..Im rather skeptical about it haha

ReputationRep:
    AS Maths is EASILY do-able in 4 months . The Further Maths set in our school did C1 in less than a month , and have completed C1,C2 and S1 already . one module a month you need to work at to allow for a months revision at the end.

That said , C1 is a fairly simplistic module in relation to the others ( however still difficult ) - i would spend more time on C2 than C1 as C2 is more advanced and you might encounter more problems there. as for S1 i'm not sure , the further mathematicians tell me its ridiculously boring but very easy.

Good luck !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.