Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i applied for med this year not at oxford although would have liked to. i've not got any offers mainly due to no interviews as my ps was crap no w/e etc. i've sorted this now have done loads and i'm fairly confident i should do better next time round in applyin but i don't know if i should oxf a bash nxt year. i'm on course for AAAA at a level and i think i would do v well at bmat but my gcse's are not v impressive, got A* 7A's 4C's c's aren't in related subjects but will they prevent me from gettin an interview or will a levels override them???

ReputationRep:
    They don't really care about your GCSEs - go for it!

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs can put you at a slight disadvantage, but it's definitely worth applying and you won't really be in a much worse position than anybody else. I think they care even less about GCSEs when you're applying after A level. But do make sure you produce a brilliant personal statement this time!

ReputationRep:
    my school says that only consider oxbridge if you have all as or a*s, but then some people have got in without them, so i would say go for it. Though, i would have too high expectations as it will be even more competitive next year.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.