Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you deal with hypocrites? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so my dad swears a lot when im staying at home i hear him playing on ps3, watching football and talking to himself he'l say things like 'that was f****** brilliant' or the thick b******' if the dog wants letting out he'l say '******* nuisance, get out'. He even calls me a daft b**** under his breath if im inconveniently in the bathroom when he wants to go in. Ok so fair enough he's just getting cranky in his old age and its his house, so he swears i should get over it right. Even though i'l be sat reading and hearing him talk to himself from the other room

The problem is though I have an issue with hypocrites theres just something annoying about them. When im at home Ive sworn and he has tutted and said 'disgusting'. Ive said 'why is it disgusting you swear'. He says I dont swear in front of people (he does) its disgusting for a female'. That just annoyed the hell out of me as i hate sexism too lol.

So why should i have to listen to males swear yet not be able to swear myself? Either theres an agreement not to swear or its fine to swear

What do you think lol I mean would you say that because its family you should respect them and not swear even if they swear? Or do you believe in the same rule applies to everyone thing?

ReputationRep:
    sorry i just realised its in the wrong forum :/

ReputationRep:
    He's the adult and it's his house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aTOMic-)
    He's the adult and it's his house.
    Yea but if Id have been a male he would probably have been fine with it, yet it would still be his house...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    Ok so my dad swears a lot when im staying at home i hear him playing on ps3, watching football and talking to himself he'l say things like 'that was f****** brilliant' or the thick b******' if the dog wants letting out he'l say '******* nuisance, get out'. He even calls me a daft b**** under his breath if im inconveniently in the bathroom when he wants to go in. Ok so fair enough he's just getting cranky in his old age and its his house, so he swears i should get over it right. Even though i'l be sat reading and hearing him talk to himself from the other room

The problem is though I have an issue with hypocrites theres just something annoying about them. When im at home Ive sworn and he has tutted and said 'disgusting'. Ive said 'why is it disgusting you swear'. He says I dont swear in front of people (he does) its disgusting for a female'. That just annoyed the hell out of me as i hate sexism too lol.

So why should i have to listen to males swear yet not be able to swear myself? Either theres an agreement not to swear or its fine to swear

What do you think lol I mean would you say that because its family you should respect them and not swear even if they swear? Or do you believe in the same rule applies to everyone thing?
    Dont just say ur willing to abide by an agreement to both not swear, go put it to him and ur mother. I have a serious problem with people who just complain and only create problems not solutions just like people who can't stand hypocrites. And yes you should obey ur parents, above all less, out of respect if not anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiopred)
    Dont just say ur willing to abide by an agreement to both not swear, go put it to him and ur mother. I have a serious problem with people who just complain and only create problems not solutions just like people who can't stand hypocrites. And yes you should obey ur parents, above all less, out of respect if not anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know I just complain an create problems?

I guess I should have mentioned ..the amount of times ive had it out with them about the swearing but nothing changes. My dad doesnt even listen, he doesnt change but as you said its his house. Even with our last dog he was told countless times to pick him up when bigger dogs walked past but he just shrugged it off and said stopped mithering. So last year our yorkshire terrier dog was bitten by a bull terrier and died as a result of the wounds. We have another yorkshire terrier now and he still does the same, doesnt bother picking him up. Its his house his rules though. So yea he doesnt listen.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.