Turn on thread page Beta

Depression as a student watch

Announcements

I am a student and I suffer from depression. I am currently in my second year of a three year degree. I have had a lot of problems lately and I am in a real state as I am writing this. I want to explain my situation to everyone and please dont be too harsh to judge me if I am in the wrong.

I dont socialize at uni at all. I dont have any friends at uni and i dont go out partying or getting drunk or picking up girls at all. I feel that I am greatly missing out on the university experience.

I am also 19 years old and a virgin and this is making me sick in the head as well. Yes I dont go out so I cant expect to get any but all i here from others is how many girls they have slept with and how many girls they pulled that night. I am sick of hearing this and even though people say 19 is still young I am sick of being a virgin. I hate it. I feel I am missing out on life because of this.

I also had a close female friend at another uni who i admitt I fancied and she found out when she was going out with another friend of mine.This really shot me down because I do think I love her and I am fed up that I cant be with her. Also i found out to make money she is basically a webcam whore and I found out where she did it and this sickened me. She actually told me about this and in a way it is taunthing me. She is parading around on the internet naked and I really fancy her. She no longer talks to me much but I am sick of hearing what people get up to sexually in general and I am too shy to do anything about it.

I am not enjoying life and I am being tortured by everyone else in the world it seems. I have spoken to GP's and counselors and Samaritans but never to anyone of my peers about this so please help.

ReputationRep:
    Bumping as this took a while to be approved.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.