Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This might be long so I apologise.

Over the past 18 months or so I've been texting this guy. We started texting a few months before he split up with his ex. It wasn't romantic or anything at the start, just like two friends. I helped him with some of the problems regarding his girlfriend. She ended up being a psycho and attacked him. He was stuck with her for a while because of her aggression. Finally he finished it.

In the next few months we got closer and closer. I was having problems at home, suicidal mother and the likes, and he helped me a hell of a lot. Eventually we realised we had feelings for each other. I, regretfully, said I wasn't in the right mind to be getting into a relationship and I didn't know how long I'd need to start feeling myself again. I told him I didn't want to make him wait, he should enjoy life.

After a few months he got together with his current girlfriend. He's been with her for just under a year. We still text often but I've stopped the dirty texts because I don't want to hurt his girlfriend.

New Year's Eve came and we were both out in town with friends. I found myself outside with him and we had the longest talk ever. He told me his girlfriend knew their relationship wasn't serious at the start. He said he'd never settle down with her and that he didn't love her. Then he turned to me and said I'm exactly like him and he wished we'd got together. He made a move, I stopped him and said I couldn't because of the girlfriend. I basically said he has to choose between us and couldn't have us both. His response that it'd always be me. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked away.

So that was NYE and since then I haven't heard from him at all. I text the next morning to ask how is hangover was, no reply. I just don't know what to do. The hard thing for me is I've never felt this strongly about anyone before. He wasn't even drunk either. I've tried to make a promise to myself not to text him until he texts me. But it's so bloody hard.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Try and give him a call maybe?

ReputationRep:
    contact him declaring your feelings and tell him if he doesnt bother replying ur going to try and forget him

ReputationRep:
    Yet another thread where the guy has a girlfriend...

Girls - If a guy has a girlfriend and he flirts or makes a move on you...YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.