The Student Room Group

Country Banners

In order to advertise your role in the MUN across the TSR website, why not add a banner to your sig?

There's so many different possibilities for designs - as long as they contain the name of the state or organisation you represent with a flag, you can customise to your heart's content!

A few examples will be posted by other reps for inspiration.

Scroll to see replies

Iceland:

Also, it might be a good idea to link the picture in the signature to here if you can. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Mine and for toronto353:

Edit: I've uploaded the original Fireworks PNG files here and here. Flag graphics can be downloaded from Wikipedia. The fonts I used were Verdana for 'TSR United Nations' and Tw Cen MT for 'Representative for Sweden' / 'Representative for Myanmar'.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I've got a big version and a small one for the IAEA. I'm happy to modify for other UNOs as well :smile:.

(edited 11 years ago)
I'd really like to make one as brilliant as miser's and Toronto's but i'm useless with these graphic designs, so India and Belarus will have to wait.
Original post by Cheese_Monster
I'd really like to make one as brilliant as miser's and Toronto's but i'm useless with these graphic designs, so India and Belarus will have to wait.

Here's my attempt at India:

I would do Belarus as well, but it's merging with Russia soon. :wink:
Reply 6
Regarding the EU: EU flag with the UN logo in the middle of the 12 stars on the EU Flag

REALLY GOOD IDEA
Original post by Morgsie
Regarding the EU: EU flag with the UN logo in the middle of the 12 stars on the EU Flag

REALLY GOOD IDEA

I'm half way through making it; it looks great! :biggrin: The only problem is that the text would have to go vertically along the sides I think... which doesn't look too bad, but it's a bit different from the others.
Reply 8
Original post by Yellowquiet
I'm half way through making it; it looks great! :biggrin: The only problem is that the text would have to go vertically along the sides I think... which doesn't look too bad, but it's a bit different from the others.

Well done to you and others pursuing this idea of flag banners, saves me typing it out in my sig. This is to take my mind off the drama and I hope you and others find the European Euler Diagram helpful.
Original post by Morgsie
Well done to you and others pursuing this idea of flag banners, saves me typing it out in my sig. This is to take my mind off the drama and I hope you and others find the European Euler Diagram helpful.
The diagram blew my mind! It is really helpful. Thank you! :biggrin:

Here's my attempt at the EU/UN flag:

Let me know if you want anything changing/adjusting and I'll try to do it this evening. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Yellowquiet
x

Iceland, you legends!! :wink:
If it is at all possible, could someone make a flag for the Kingdom of Spain and the Russian Federation? many thanks darlings :h:
Original post by tehFrance
If it is at all possible, could someone make a flag for the Kingdom of Spain and the Russian Federation? many thanks darlings :h:

Of all the things we're tried so far to boost activity, nothing can beat these banners right? :tongue:

Birchington/Rory, you should try and get the supermods to stick a few of these on the main TSR page as a link to the model UN, can't bolster activity any better way than a pretty flag.
Reply 13
Of all the things we're tried so far to boost activity, nothing can beat these banners right? :tongue:

Birchington/Rory, you should try and get the supermods to stick a few of these on the main TSR page as a link to the model UN, can't bolster activity any better way than a pretty flag.

Yes, actually I was thinking we could do an advertising campaign after the exams are over (people will have more time then).
Reply 14

It's worth a try, definitely :smile:

Original post by Qwertish
Yes, actually I was thinking we could do an advertising campaign after the exams are over (people will have more time then).

We definitely need one, preferably as you said, after exams and once the mentoring/buddy scheme is in place.

Birchington
QFA

Would you like to contact the Admins or shall I?
Hi :smile:. I really like these banners they are looking brilliant. :P. Anyway, could it be possible that you could make one for the Swiss Confederation and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan? Much appreciated.
Original post by PierceBrosnan
Hi :smile:. I really like these banners they are looking brilliant. :P. Anyway, could it be possible that you could make one for the Swiss Confederation and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan? Much appreciated.

Switzerland's banner is going to look sexy.
Switzerland's banner is going to look sexy.

Well, we are sexy :sexface:. What have I missed?
Original post by PierceBrosnan
Well, we are sexy :sexface:. What have I missed?

In the MUN in general?
In the MUN in general?

Aye, which reminds me. I need to send my country profiles off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending