PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
:eek: save me

do you get the choice whether you wanna go home
It wasn't that bad - it was admittedly the most painful vaccination I've ever had but compared to being pricked for blood samples it was a doddle.

If you're really worried ask if you can have it done at your GPs and not in school.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
no! do you? lucky penguin. still need that pic, do we have an estimated date now?
im still trying
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
needles can suck I had a blood test and the needle got stuck so he had to yank it. result a blue bump bigger than a golf ball on my arm and I could only wear short sleeves for 6 weeks it looked as if I was a druggie. Hasnt scarred tho which surprised me cos it was really nasty.
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It doesn't hurt unless you get a nasty nurse who can't actually inject and she starts digging about inside your arm with the needle :mad:
Seriously though don't be scared, the best bit is laughing at all the so called "hard" guys who faint at the sight of needles.
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
needles can suck I had a blood test and the needle got stuck so he had to yank it. result a blue bump bigger than a golf ball on my arm and I could only wear short sleeves for 6 weeks it looked as if I was a druggie. Hasnt scarred tho which surprised me cos it was really nasty.
i feel sick :eek:
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daveo)
It doesn't hurt unless you get a nasty nurse who can't actually inject and she starts digging about inside your arm with the needle :mad:
Seriously though don't be scared, the best bit is laughing at all the so called "hard" guys who faint at the sight of needles.
a nasty nurse :eek:

that is rather funny though when they faint
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
a nasty nurse :eek:

that is rather funny though when they faint
I reccomend you compliment the nurse. HEHE - it might cheer her up.

I remember the day.... The so called "hardest boy in school" started crying and fainted cos he was a pussy. HEHEHEHE
Ramaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To be totally honest... it was horrible. But my friends said it wasn't bad so it might just be me. I don't mind needles but it felt as if something was sucking my arm inside and it felt like the pressure was increasing. I found it painful and a very long 30 seconds, but its me so thats to be expected!
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I reccomend you compliment the nurse. HEHE - it might cheer her up.

I remember the day.... The so called "hardest boy in school" started crying and fainted cos he was a pussy. HEHEHEHE
haha that is a sight I would have love to have seen.
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
That happened at my friend's school... he was a really prat, so she put it in the school newspaper
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ramaya)
To be totally honest... it was horrible. But my friends said it wasn't bad so it might just be me. I don't mind needles but it felt as if something was sucking my arm inside and it felt like the pressure was increasing. I found it painful and a very long 30 seconds, but its me so thats to be expected!
they keep it in you for 30 seconds?
Ramaya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yep, they have to inject all the liquid into you and prevent it coming back out i suppose. It was definatly 30 seconds at least. Well mine was. you might be lucky!
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ramaya)
Yep, they have to inject all the liquid into you and prevent it coming back out i suppose. It was definatly 30 seconds at least. Well mine was. you might be lucky!
mine was abt 5 :confused:
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, it's a subcutaneous (or something, J will no doubt tell me I'm wrong) injection and they have to get all the fluid in - if they injected it quickly it would probably all come spurting right out again.

To be honest, it wasn't the most pleasant experience of my life. And I do still have a fairly large scar from it - my sis had it 3 years later and her scar is already smaller than mine. It varies in how it heals from person to person. But everyone goes through it, so it's not something to get too worked up over.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
Yeh, the needle was in and out before i knew it...and it didn't hurt at all...but some people did find it hurt....depends on the person i suppose.

The problem with mine was it was ok until i accidently brushed against it and then it burst!!!! eeeeew!!

G
Ramaya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
Lucky! I remember at first (5 secs or so) i thought this is no problem, then i felt my arm in agony and hoped it would end. I still have a reddish circular mark from it, which at the time was huge.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just think tho -
Vaccine - 10-30seconds of annoying needles - few days/weeks of mild annoyance in arm
TB - Fricking nasty disease.
I know which i'd choose.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Just think tho -
Vaccine - 10-30seconds of annoying needles - few days/weeks of mild annoyance in arm
I know which i'd choose.
Apparently though...the BCG isn't really that effective at protecting against you contracting TB...that's according to my bio teacher...but i feel safer with it than without!!!

G
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daveo)
Just think tho -
I know which i'd choose.
me to good old tb
Ramaya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Just think tho -
I know which i'd choose.
Good point - its worth going through with it to prevent getting the diseases.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads