Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've recently had my hair dyed quite a bright cherry red but havent been able to find the same colour in a box dye (i had it done at the salon) im at uni so wont be able to go home and get it re-done as often as i'd like (unless i manage to find a cheap salon with the same colour) so i was wondering if anyone could suggest any really good colour protecting products like shampoo/conditioner/etc as red tends to fade out very very quick.

Or if anyone knows of some good red hair dyes, XXL reds seem to fade out within a week and all the other hair dyes are too "natural"

ReputationRep:
    L'Oreal Hair Exp Everpure Colour care is apparently really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Care-Free)
    I've recently had my hair dyed quite a bright cherry red but havent been able to find the same colour in a box dye (i had it done at the salon) im at uni so wont be able to go home and get it re-done as often as i'd like (unless i manage to find a cheap salon with the same colour) so i was wondering if anyone could suggest any really good colour protecting products like shampoo/conditioner/etc as red tends to fade out very very quick.

Or if anyone knows of some good red hair dyes, XXL reds seem to fade out within a week and all the other hair dyes are too "natural"
    XXL have stared a new line called ultra brights and have a very bright red.

As for colour protect im not sure. Because im blonde so always use purple shampoo.

However you could try the john fredia range that targets specific hair colours.

Or buy a bright red vegetable dye. Mix it in with a bit of conditioner once a week and leave it on for half an hour to keep up the colour til your roots come through

*All red dyes fade quickly. Quickest to fade hardest to emlinate from your hair.

This was posted from my pigeon carrier app on my GT-I9100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    XXL have stared a new line called ultra brights and have a very bright red.

As for colour protect im not sure. Because im blonde so always use purple shampoo.

However you could try the john fredia range that targets specific hair colours.

Or buy a bright red vegetable dye. Mix it in with a bit of conditioner once a week and leave it on for half an hour to keep up the colour til your roots come through

*All red dyes fade quickly. Quickest to fade hardest to emlinate from your hair.

This was posted from my pigeon carrier app on my GT-I9100
    The ultra brights is only semi permanent which is a bugger but i;ve found an XXL one close to my colour so i'll just have to get used to the fade :P

John freida might be worth a go actually usually good thanks for the idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Care-Free)

I dye my hair red at home using Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Colour: Vibrant Red and for hair products I buy Tresemme colour protect shampoo and conditioner - really good value as you can buy them in 900ml bottles. I don't notice any fade between my 4/5 weekly colourings, only the blonde roots.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.