Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone get irritated by this? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I love to use TSR to find threads on upcoming exams and having a chat with people about them.

Recently, I've been browsing through some and it's just full of people going:
    "Yeah, I got A*s on the first unit. 100%. I got 99% on Maths so I'm retaking. Yeah, revise like this, trust me, I got full marks it works"

I just get irritated when people flaunt their marks in your face without considering people may have got worse. I mean, these type of threads are here to discuss exams and not grades. It just irritates me. I mean, sure, if it comes up you can obviously talk about it. But sometimes it feels people just bring it up to raise their self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BI0)
    I love to use TSR to find threads on upcoming exams and having a chat with people about them.

Recently, I've been browsing through some and it's just full of people going:
    "Yeah, I got A*s on the first unit. 100%. I got 99% on Maths so I'm retaking. Yeah, revise like this, trust me, I got full marks it works"

I just get irritated when people flaunt their marks in your face without considering people may have got worse. I mean, these type of threads are here to discuss exams and not grades. It just irritates me. I mean, sure, if it comes up you can obviously talk about it. But sometimes it feels people just bring it up to raise their self esteem.
    I guess it's their right to be proud of their marks
    But yeah sometimes I fee like that (most of the time),
    I guess it's what our society is like.
    There are some people who like to keep to themselves, which is perfectly fine, but then there are others ;D
    ...there are ALWAYS going to be those other people who like to show off xD

Yeah, it's worse when they put it on their profile or sig, thinking they're the don diddy because they know how to take exams, oh wow

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by + polarity -)
      Yeah, it's worse when they put it on their profile or sig, thinking they're the don diddy because they know how to take exams, oh wow
      That's actually so true!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by + polarity -)
      I've been watching the gif in your sig for about a minute now, I still have no clue at all what's going on

(Original post by ConnorB)
        I've been watching the gif in your sig for about a minute now, I still have no clue at all what's going on
        lol, it's just a shambles i'n't it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.